• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: MLG Anaheim Spring Championship 2013 - StarCraft II: HotS, LoL & CoD: Black Ops 2

SamuraiX-

So there's 4 Protoss, 2 Terrans and 2 Zergs left in this tournament. That's.pretty cool.

Sage vs Sound and Jaedong vs NaNiwa starts in 10 minutes.

Stream via twitch has been stuttery as frig, stream via MLG's website (which is the SAME twitch stream) is running fine for me at 720p. Not sure if that actually means anything, but it's just been my experience.

Daante

Stream via twitch has been stuttery as frig, stream via MLG's website (which is the SAME twitch stream) is running fine for me at 720p. Not sure if that actually means anything, but it's just been my experience.

720p trough MLGs website works great, thx for the tip!

Majine

Banned
Nani seems like the best overall foreigner right now. He's been placing high in several tournaments recently, and I dunno, he seems like a legit threat to the koreans, like Stephano once was.

I'm not sure what it is about Dear, but I just do not like him. Hope Naniwa can take him out... but he's been pretty damn scary so far.

SamuraiX-

Seriously, JD? After 2-0ing Stats, I expected better.

This tournament was probably Jaedong's best hope of finally winning one of the major one's too.

I'm not sure what it is about Dear, but I just do not like him. Hope Naniwa can take him out... but he's been pretty damn scary so far.

Doesn't really matter who comes out of that matchup since they'll just be facing Polt again. lol

Doesn't really matter who comes out of that matchup since they'll just be facing Polt again. lol

Way too true... Though it was funny that in Polt's final game yesterday the crowd was shouting "USA" simply because he's currently living in Texas to go to college... I guess he speaks English at least, so that makes him more American than the rest of the Koreans.

Haunted

Nani seems like the best overall foreigner right now. He's been placing high in several tournaments recently, and I dunno, he seems like a legit threat to the koreans, like Stephano once was.
Nah, I'd rate washed-up Stephano, Snute and TLO higher than Nani right now. I still think he's one of the best non-Koreans though, along with Dimaga, Lucifron, Mana and Scarlett for example.

It's going to be really tough for the non-Korean scene to produce another player of the same calibre as Stephano. Not sure we'll ever see Korean dominance challenged again like that tbh.

SamuraiX-

Way too true... Though it was funny that in Polt's final game yesterday the crowd was shouting "USA" simply because he's currently living in Texas to go to college... I guess he speaks English at least, so that makes him more American than the rest of the Koreans.

Yeah, pretty much. Welcome to eSports. lol

I'm really rooting for Polt. He hasn't been able to win a major tournament for at least two years but he came so close in a couple late last year.

I have never understood the need for a torso sized mouse pad...

How else would you be able to get a lot of people to sign it?

Honestly I haven't used a mouse pad in probably 2-3 years... Good mice don't need them, and they tended to rub my wrists bad (have a callous still from years of SC play with fabric covered mouse pads)

calder

1080+ still butter smooth here.

Nani looked really good on that hold. Man this sucks, NHL draft starts in 10 minutes, going to miss some of the good afternoon matchups.

That makes crash/reboot #5 I've seen on stream since MLG started, though this is the first one I've seen in-game... most happened when they were switching between matches.

(edit) Holy shit.... Naniwa just owned that match. 4 for 4 out of his last matches.

Haunted

Did I just hear someone say extended series?

really.gif

really? really?

Fuck you, MLG. Switching over to CEO Day 3.

Majine

Banned
Did I just hear the words "extended series"?

I'm out.

I feared the worst when I saw an immediate 2-0 lead for Polt on Liquipedia when it was clear his opponent was either Dear or Naniwa (since both lost to him by 2-0)

Wow insane how Nani won. HerO vs Sound should be amazing. I want HerO to win if anything just to see another PvZ with HerO and Hyun.

Polt is the Terran I'm really rooting for anyways.

Top Bottom