• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Cruz gave him nightmares and he barely got past Uncle Creepy. He's improved but so has the 135 division. A division where Cruz made everyone look like fools in the past now has two more guys at equal level or better than Cruz in TJ and Cody. MM's gas tank does well at135 and he's still fast but he's going to be on the losing end of physical strength. Bantam is also a deeper division with more experienced fighters. It's just not going to be as smooth a path as 125 was.

MM has improved a lot in the 5 years since then. Obviously he won't be as dominant as he was in the 125 division but there is a solid chance he could get the belt and keep it for a while. No way he could go on a ridiculous run like his 125 though especially in a small guy class where everyone is 10-20 pounds bigger than you.

Fox318

No one's walking out of an arena early to beat traffic because of Bruce Lee shirts.

speaking of that roots of fight had a 50% off fathers day sale on everything.

If I had known I probably would have picked a jacket up.

Nobody wants to watch mini men fight. They should only have 3-4 weight divisions, anyways.

Casuals don't, but core fans do. It also doesn't help the UFC has no idea how to market smaller fighters, apparently. The lower weight classes do just fine in boxing. No reason they couldn't in MMA with the right approach.

Cruz gave him nightmares and he barely got past Uncle Creepy. He's improved but so has the 135 division. A division where Cruz made everyone look like fools in the past now has two more guys at equal level or better than Cruz in TJ and Cody. MM's gas tank does well at135 and he's still fast but he's going to be on the losing end of physical strength. Bantam is also a deeper division with more experienced fighters. It's just not going to be as smooth a path as 125 was.

Cruz is a big bantamweight and DJ wasn't training full time back then. Every fight he's had since he has looked notably improved. Don't forget DJ has was actually very successful at 135 and has beaten legitimate contenders of that division.

At the local mma fights i went to last weekend, the audience was a small mix of fighter family and friends and hardcore fans. People had to be reminded to clap after the flyweight fight, which was very technical and fast paced, just evenly matched. The loudest cheering was during the super heavyweight fights that were comparatively a lot less action.

I like Michael Johnson.

Cruz is a big bantamweight and DJ wasn't training full time back then. Every fight he's had since he has looked notably improved. Don't forget DJ has was actually very successful at 135 and has beaten legitimate contenders of that division.

Cruz isn't massive for Bantam at all. 5'5'' to 5'7'' is average range for the class and Cruz doesn't have a wide frame nor was he physically dense at the time.

Who was a legitimate contender in Bantam that MM beat? The biggest name he beat at Bantam was Torres who was already on a downward skid. Benavidez and Dodson have fought at Bantam but are both MM's size, which is more suitable for Flyweight.

FUME5

What if some crazy lady stuck his head in her vagin and called it her baby? Someone should make a thread about that.

Should have done my due diligence first, but I wanted to believe.

Let's be real though, not even Tito's ex would be able to dilate enough to get that macrocephalic thing in there.

Gabi Garcia gonna shootbox a 45 year old bantamweight

DECw6tUUAAE2cPN.jpg

There are skilled 135ers 145ers that would smoke her regardless of how big of a bish she is...she has no spine . Won't fight legitimate competition

I don't wish serious harm on him, but I would love it if Reem kneed him in the face so hard his face got stuck like that permanently.

iddqd

The Reem has that same awkwardness that Phil Davis has in interviews.
Kinda rude, kinda funny but not enough charm to pull it off.

Now that I'm writing it, Reem still has more then Davis, not much though.

Levito

Banned
Werdum vs Overeem is a decade long rivalry spanning 3 organizations. First fight was in Pride, second in Strikeforce, and now this one will be in the UFC.

kinda nuts

broz0rs

The Reem has that same awkwardness that Phil Davis has in interviews.
Kinda rude, kinda funny but not enough charm to pull it off.

Now that I'm writing it, Reem still has more then Davis, not much though.

I've always felt that when you read his interviews he comes across as humble as a fighter can be, but when you see his interviews with the same message, man he is a cocky motherfucker lol

Top Bottom