• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

pixelation

lol Shevchenko, you don't deserve another fight with Nunes. What have we (the fans) done to deserve another serving of such mediocrity?, go home and be a family woman.

VoxPop

Sexy Luke vs Branch and Alves vs Platinum Perry should be fun next week.

Was a surprising good night of fights tonight!

Shogun OSP 2, Gadelha Andrade, Gomi vs mini DHK, and Gokhan Saki's UFC debut the following week should be fun as well

alienxx45

The decision was understandable due to the take downs. Sadly I cant see them doing #3 any time soon though...

Pride rules - Shev is champ. :)

Oscar

Cejudo looked solid, his striking looked way better than when he got bodied by DJ.

I hate how if this wasn't a title bout, the judges would have given it to Valentina. There's this bullshit unwritten law regarding decisions against Champs. You can't just cleanly out point a champ, you have to out point them AND put them in deep trouble in order to possibly win a split decision.

Afrikan

Seriously what did Val think was going to happen? That she can counter her way into getting a win? Without doing shit her self?

Who does she think she is? Machida?

Machida vs Rampage. :p

But seriously as SOON as it was obvious Amanda was not going to be aggressive to fall for her strategy.... Val needed to turn it up and come forward.

Now she expects a 3rd fight? Her team and management are tripping.

El-Suave

The decision was understandable due to the take downs. Sadly I cant see them doing #3 any time soon though...

At least not as a main event, White was super salty about the boring Woodley title fight a few weeks ago and while this was a marginally more interesting and better fight, it still got boo's from the crowd (and rightfully so).

Afrikan

Cejudo looked solid, his striking looked way better than when he got bodied by DJ.

I hate how if this wasn't a title bout, the judges would have given it to Valentina. There's this bullshit unwritten law regarding decisions against Champs. You can't just cleanly out point a champ, you have to out point them AND put them in deep trouble in order to possibly win a split decision.

That's in Boxing. In the UFC it has happened a couple of times.

But yeah it ain't a bullshit law... you are the contender.. go get the belt... why should the Champ have to chase you.

If this were the case Machida 1.0 would still be thr LHW Champ.

He didn't take much damage in this fight, and MM is healthy and itching to break that record. He's probably trying to get a fight booked asap

Cejudo hasn't earned a title shot and it's too soon.

DJ ran through him with ease in their last fight.

I'd like to see Cejudo fight Pettis and the winner of that fight Benavidez for the #1 contender spot.

Afrikan

Watching the fightpass prelims.. Kajan Johnson sounds like and laughs like Angela Hill.

"That was fun...let's do that again hanhanhanh"

Syder

The bar I was at was clearly in favor of Shevchenko, but wasn't the 5th the round where she got taken down and smashed up a bit?

Because that one seemed like a sure Nunes round if anything.
I had it even until Shevchenko gave Nunes her back; big mistake and it threw the judges in favour of the Champ.

Yaari

4Vvbx.gif

Heel

Only verifies that Jon was in fact drugged by unknown person(s). Get to the bottom of this, Malki, before it's too late.

Levito

Banned
DJ is behind this. He wanted to be considered the P4P no#1 and knew he'd forever live in Jon's shadow. Therefore, he concocted a plan: break into USADA, and taint Jon's urine sample himself. He injected a sample of Overeem's blood from the horsemeat days into Jon's sample(everything was provided by Artem Lobov).

It was the perfect plan, but little did DJ realize, Onnit let's us see through the lies. That's O-N-N-I-T to stay woke.

Levito

Banned
I will say though

Isn't it kind of amazing that Jon knew he'd be under heavy scrutiny for alleged doping heading into the second fight with DC and he did it anyway...

He's so immensely stupid, it's mindblowing.

DJ is behind this. He wanted to be considered the P4P no#1 and knew he'd forever live in Jon's shadow. Therefore, he concocted a plan: break into USADA, and taint Jon's urine sample himself. He injected a sample of Overeem's blood from the horsemeat days into Jon's sample(everything was provided by Artem Lobov).

It was the perfect plan, but little did DJ realize, Onnit let's us see through the lies. That's O-N-N-I-T to stay woke.

He probably did it by posing as a child fan.

Top Bottom