• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

VoxPop

Who's left at WBW after Nunes Shev? Holly getting another 135 shot is pretty ridiculous and the only realistic woman out there is Pennington which is pretty laughable.

VoxPop

Shev looks great. Surprised that Nunes' gas tank is holding up. Fun tactical fight so far. I hope the UFC brings Cormier onto the broadcast team if he ever retires along with Cruz.

Not a great fight so far. Feels like both fighters are holding back just a bit (understandably so), and it's leading to very limited exchanges. Nunes is probably leading due to aggression.

VoxPop

I got it at 2-2 going into the 5th but wouldn't argue 3-1 Nunes.

alienxx45 said:
The level of striking in this fight is on another level compared to the rest of the division. Good fight.

agreed. we've come a long way from the likes of Shayna Bazler

Instro

Idiots booing this fight. This is a great fight.

Booing is too much, but hard to call this great. Low activity on and off, not a ton landing clean, no one convincingly winning rounds. Not a lot of excitement happening here. It's only picked up in the last 2 rounds really.

Afrikan

I know Amanda is the Champ... but if she wants to win over fans... she needs to go and take it, if Valentina is just waiting to counter.

Shit the Judges might take her belt away for the fuck of it... so she needs to go get it.

I like old Amanda better... go fucking get it. You can take a hit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That takedown won the fight for Nunes I imagine

What the hell is with women's MMA being OBSESSED with that headlock throw. You see women fuck that exact same technique up all of the time.

Afrikan

Bullshit if she just wanted to prove her cardio.... what fuck is up with people around her.

She better make up for it the next fight. She can't complain about any booes or not getting any money if she fights like this again.

:/

Hate when fighters change for the wrong reasons.

She might have too many "yes"men and women around her.

tbh it's sort of bullshit that Big John didn't take a point away from Amanda for extending her fingers. If the rule is the rule, then you shouldn't get 3 rounds worth of warnings.

VoxPop

Fair decision. 48-47 seems right after that takedown to clinch the 5th. Fuck the people boo'ing it was a good scrap. Nunes vs Pennington is a hard sell though.

Afrikan

Fans can complain... but Val can't say shit... she was just staying back and waiting for the counter.

She is the contender, she needed to go get it herself. She comes off spoiled in her interviews, when it came to her and Nunes.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Nunes won by split.

That takedown fuck up literally cost Shevchenko the Title. That's going to eat her alive for a long long time

They should reevaluate how they score takedowns. Nunes got one after losing the round IMO and when she got her down, she didn't do damage, just held on and kill time.

Top Bottom