• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
BTVDb4sCAAAiTOk.jpg:large

even Uncle Dana doesn't care about this card

VoxPop

I pray to Deus that Jacare submits Okami.

I don't think Okami has ever come close to being submitted. But I guess this is Jacare we're talking about. I still see a higher chance of Jacare finishing him with strikes than a submission if he even does beat Yushin.

MjFrancis

Frank Mir is never getting cut.
I used to want to see this guy cut, but since we're losing heavyweight gatekeepers left and right in an already shallow division I see that he has his place.

I'm simply bitter at Mir since I paid for the Mir v. Cro Cop PPV. That was almost enough to convince me to give up this sport as soon as I'd taken it up.

Mir is a big name who can't take a punch. He's the perfect guy to keep around to put over any new fighter with even remotely competent striking. He's an asset to the UFC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mir is a big name who can't take a punch. He's the perfect guy to keep around to put over any new fighter with even remotely competent striking. He's an asset to the UFC.

UFC's own Enhancement Talent

Basically this:

Tq9SXIT.jpg

Vio-Lence

Banned
Reem is a big name who can't take a punch. He's the perfect guy to keep around to put over any new fighter with even remotely competent striking. He's an asset to the UFC.

boom that was an easy edit. overeem is the evolutionary bob sapp. right down to the cartoonish muscles, K1 striking, celebrity in Japan, and poor chin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
boom that was an easy edit. overeem is the evolutionary bob sapp. right down to the cartoonish muscles, K1 striking, celebrity in Japan, and poor chin.

only thing missing is a six pack when he hits 380lbs

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
If reem bumrushed murr the way he did travis murr would have woken up in a vegas hospital wishing he fell off a bike

Vio-Lence

Banned
If reem bumrushed murr the way he did travis murr would have woken up in a vegas hospital wishing he fell off a bike

Let me tell you something brother, Frank Mir is a future UFC hall of famer. Who's got more top 10 wins at heavy weight than Frank Mir? He's got wins over future UFC hall of fame fighters like Big Nog x2 and Brock Lesnar. His other notable wins include Tank Abbot, Tim Sylvia, Big Country, Kongo, and Mirko CroCop.

Go jerk off to some Reem videos while he's getting knocked out by midcarders in the Ultimate.

MjFrancis

Reem still is the best fighter in the world (for 2-3 minutes)
Hard to argue against that. His last fight was entertaining enough even past that three minute mark. Standing in front of those kicks was akin to Russian Roulette. It was the sixth front kick that got him, right?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Let me tell you something brother, Frank Mir is a future UFC hall of famer. Who's got more top 10 wins at heavy weight than Frank Mir? He's got wins over future UFC hall of fame fighters like Big Nog x2 and Brock Lesnar. His other notable wins include Tank Abbot, Tim Sylvia, Big Country, Kongo, and Mirko CroCop.

Go jerk off to some Reem videos while he's getting knocked out by midcarders in the Ultimate.

I think theyre both terrible. Frank is just terribler.

Vio-Lence

Banned
zombie nog vs swimming in molasses frank in a loser leaves town match.

book it. pride fans can seppuku after Mir sweeps the zombie 3-0.

VoxPop

Alistair bashing is so unfair. You guys cheered him on and stuff...now you turn your back on him.

Disgusting!

It's no doubt fun to watch him get pummeled though. His shit cardio, terrible turtling up defense, and him not being able to take a shot actually makes him a terrible fighter.

a complete Overeem is just another fighter on a list of mythical creatures like "Prime" Shogun and "Motivated" BJ Penn. Don't forget "Prime" Fedor and "Young" Vitor, although "Old TRT" Vitor seems to be the bigger, badder version.

Heel

Remember when good friend VoxPop thought Frank Mir could beat Josh Barnett? Here's a nice action shot of Frank Mir visiting Mandalay Bay.

josh-barnett-frank-mir-featured1.jpg

It's no doubt fun to watch him get pummeled though. His shit cardio, terrible turtling up defense, and him not being able to take a shot actually makes him a terrible fighter.

a complete Overeem is just another fighter on a list of mythical creatures like "Prime" Shogun and "Motivated" BJ Penn. Don't forget "Prime" Fedor and "Young" Vitor, although "Old TRT" Vitor seems to be the bigger, badder version.

Bullshit.

Ill always love Alistair eternally for smashing Brock. You...you should as well.

VoxPop

Remember when good friend VoxPop thought Frank Mir could beat Josh Barnett? Here's a nice action shot of Frank Mir visiting Mandalay Bay.

josh-barnett-frank-mir-featured1.jpg

:(

Sato Koiji said:
Bullshit.

Ill always love Alistair eternally for smashing Brock. You...you should as well.

I never understood why Brock didn't shoot for any takedowns in that fight. Would've been a whole different fight if he got him down.

"Pre Diverticulitis" Brock wouldve smashed any version of Overeem including a non existent "25 Minute Strong" Reem

I never understood why Brock didn't shoot for any takedowns in that fight. Would've been a whole different fight if he got him down.

"Pre Diverticulitis" Brock wouldve smashed any version of Overeem including a non existent "25 Minute Strong" Reem

Bullshit. Alistair would've ripped his heart out and told him to eat cheese in dutch right before he would have pushed his feet in Brocks face. Come on everyone knows this!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Shitty matchup but great in terms of seeing where Chael belongs at 205. I thought he was going back down to 185 after Shogun?

Card seems pretty stacked now

GSP x Hendricks
Chael x Rashad
Ruthless x Rory
Kos x Woodley

Those 4 fights have a large probability of being boring as fuck.

Top Bottom