• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Chamber

love on your sleeve
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/3...ing-fight-night-28-to-smaller-arena-in-brazil

"MMA is bigger than soccer in Brazil."
dfzXXnN.jpg

Combate first reported the possibility, revealing that only 4,200 tickets were sold.

iCigdo55GIEua.png
#TeamNegative

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
The words "benson", "entertaining" and "finishes" no longer belong in the same sentence.
But he was on the receiving end of one only a few days ago!

Whos gonna win?
Both have power and both arent the fastes HW's out there. Oh man...I love such matchups! :D
Unless Hunt catches him early I think Bigfoot is gonna win this one on the ground pretty easily. I don't think this is a good match-up for Mark. Also, I thought there was talk that these two would never fight each other having trained together, but then again Hunt is the guy who wanted to fight in Australia a week or so after knocking out Cheick Kongo.

Although every other fighting game has men and women fighting each other

EA UFC needs to have Ronda vs Dana at least

Dana as a playable fighter would be exaliftin.

Smash everyone via boxercise hooks...aaaaand ONE aaaand TWO and one two and one and two and HOOK...done! Easy!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Although every other fighting game has men and women fighting each other

EA UFC needs to have Ronda vs Dana at least

You mean a special mode where Dana's controls are: X = Simp. Y = Heavy Simp. A = Tweet. B = Cry himself to sleep. ?

Next

Champion : Cain Velasquez
1 Junior dos Santos
2 Daniel Cormier
3 Fabricio Werdum
4 Antonio Silva
5 Travis Browne
6 Josh Barnett
7 Alistair Overeem
8 Frank Mir
9 Roy Nelson
10 Stipe Miocic

So now with Hunt vs Bigfoot scheduled I think Barnett should face Werdum. Although he's waiting his title shot and may not want it. If that's the case I would like to see him vs Browne for the title shot after werdum. Also Mir vs Overeem, loser get's cut.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
You guys just missed the US Womens soccer team doing work against Mexico. Holy shit, the athleticism on display was incredible.
FS1 is now my default "background noise" channel but I turned the tv off about 10 minutes into that game. I just can't watch bad futbol, I don't even watch men's American and Mexican leagues because it's miles behind the best European leagues. Even though the skill level in women's mma is low at least the budo is there to make up for it and that's why it's watchable but that isn't the case with bad futbol. It's just plain old bad.

bone_and_sinew

Pettis vs. Grant confirmed.
Clint Dempsey stopped by my work yesterday, I recognized him immediately as did the bartender and once I mentioned his name the door girl remembered seeing him on tv.
If TJ Grant walked into my work, not one person would know who he was (and there's a lot of mma fans at work since work used to have the ppvs)...including one of my managers who was a referee and has two brothers that are journeyman fighters.

dream

In bigger news, the Fight Master finale is delayed because Joe "Diesel" Riggs broke his orbital.

FS1 is now my default "background noise" channel but I turned the tv off about 10 minutes into that game. I just can't watch bad futbol, I don't even watch men's American and Mexican leagues because it's miles behind the best European leagues. Even though the skill level in women's mma is low at least the budo is there to make up for it and that's why it's watchable but that isn't the case with bad futbol. It's just plain old bad.

US Womens team performs better than the US Mens team imo. Or maybe it's just that their skill level is better than average vs. the other Womens teams when compared to the Mens.

industrian

Unless you're watching USA vs. Germany, I figure women's football is unwatchable. Either totally amateur stuff, or squash matches. The disparity of quality between world-class teams like USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and Sweden with the rest of the world is massive.

US Womens team performs better than the US Mens team imo. Or maybe it's just that their skill level is better than average vs. the other Womens teams when compared to the Mens.

By simply qualifying for the World Cup the USA men's team does better than the women's team does by winning it. Simply due to the level of competition faced by the men's team, and the fact that no-one cares about the women's team.

bone_and_sinew

The latter. U.S. Women's are Ronda Rousey, U.S. Men's are Travis Wiuff.

industrian

Champion : Cain Velasquez
1 Junior dos Santos
2 Daniel Cormier
3 Fabricio Werdum
4 Antonio Silva
5 Travis Browne
6 Josh Barnett
7 Alistair Overeem
8 Frank Mir
9 Roy Nelson
10 Stipe Miocic

So now with Hunt vs Bigfoot scheduled I think Barnett should face Werdum. Although he's waiting his title shot and may not want it. If that's the case I would like to see him vs Browne for the title shot after werdum. Also Mir vs Overeem, loser get's cut.

Frank Mir is never getting cut. He may be the dictionary's definition of "wasted potential", but he's been with the UFC too long to just throw away. Worst case scenario is that Dana pays him not to fight, à la Chuck Liddell.

Mir vs. Overeem makes sense to me on paper as well, but I see them at least trying to get their money's worth with Overeem (afterall, he still has a name left to put someone over.) And with both Cheick Kongo and Stefan Struve gone, Frank Mir is the new high-level gatekeeper for the heavyweight division.

I see Overeem vs. Miocic and Mir vs. Gonzaga/Jordan.

Werdum vs. Browne makes the most sense for No. 1 Contender at this point, but who knows.

Heel

is tomorrow night's card just Bader vs Glover?

This card is absolutely stacked. You've got former title contender Yushin Okami going up against Brazilian jiu jitsu legend Jacare Souza. This kid is nasty. Then you've got Joe Benevidez against former #1 flyweight in the world Juicy Silver. I've talked to Joe, and let me tell you, this kid wants it. He wants that title bad. I've never seen him like this.

Then you've got...Peter Helman vs. Francisco Trinaldo, Rafael Natal vs. Tor Treong, Ali Bagnov vs. Mark Vinicius. This card is loaded.

Before a ball ever went in a hoop or got hit with a bat, someone threw a punch and people gathered around to watch it. This sport is global. Fighting is in our DNA, we get it and we like it.

This card is absolutely stacked. You've got former title contender Yushin Okami going up against Brazilian jiu jitsu legend Jacare Souza. This kid is nasty. Then you've got Joe Benevidez against former #1 flyweight in the world Juicy Silver. I've talked to Joe, and let me tell you, this kid wants it. He wants that title bad. I've never seen him like this.

Then you've got...Peter Helman vs. Francisco Trinaldo, Rafael Natal vs. Tor Treong, Ali Bagnov vs. Mark Vinicius. This card is loaded.

Before a ball ever went in a hoop or got hit with a bat, someone threw a punch and people gathered around to watch it. This sport is global. Fighting is in our DNA, we get it and we like it.

did anyone else hear Baba O'Reilly while they read that?

Next

I see Overeem vs. Miocic and Mir vs. Gonzaga/Jordan.
Yeah Overeem vs Miocic sounds good, as does Mir vs Gonzaga.

Werdum vs. Browne makes the most sense for No. 1 Contender at this point, but who knows.

Werdum vs Browne doesn't have the same grappler vs grappler appeal of Werdum vs Barnett though. Still think best scenario would be Werdum title shot and Barnett vs Browne for the next one, since they're 5th and 6th, but that will leave Werdum waiting a long time..

industrian

Werdum vs Browne doesn't have the same grappler vs grappler appeal of Werdum vs Barnett though. Still think best scenario would be Werdum title shot and Barnett vs Browne for the next one, since they're 5th and 6th, but that will leave Werdum waiting a long time..

Werdum looked slightly rusty against Nog though. I would think he needs another fight before challenging for the title.

Ideally Werdum would be fighting Dan Cormier as the co-main of Cain/JDS, but the constant ambiguity of DC's will-he-won't-he drop to LHW and the fact he won't fight Cain just makes him a damage case for the entire division right now. As in, there's no point in having a potential contender fight him, because there's nothing whatsoever to gain if DC wins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heel, you do definitely need to switch to a Dana avatar. Those fake quotes are spot on.

Do it Heel

A new avatar can give you a new lease on life

Just look at the bullshit I've been up to as Vince.

keep Werdum and Barnett separate.

Werdum should automatically get the shot and feed Browne to Barnett so he can get back to the prelims.

Top Bottom