• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I still cant believe how perpetually worthless Vera is. What a waste of atoms.

Vera is a textbook example of wasted potential.

People like to talk about how guys like Mir and Belfort are wasted potential, but at least they achieved something. I don't know what switches went off in Vera's head after the Frank Mir fight, but it's totally irreversible. I'll be really surprised if he isn't cut within the next few days.

also it's too bad that young pettis is so fucking fragile. he's the new shogun and shit.

or maybe an mma version of mario lemieux

He's an MMA version of Dominic Cruz.

Was wrong with Varner.

Good event.

Every time Pettis fights Im scared shitless. The guy goes full force yet hes so fragile. Yeah, popped his knee during the fight...damn!

Loved Mendes...that shot in the 3rd had brilliant timing and accuracy. Loved it!

The biggest surprised is how some of you guys think I was serious about wanting Bendo to win. Question? When have I ever rooted against a Mexican in MMA? What is Pettis half of?

Dysun

I'm usually team jaded, but last night was one of the best cards Ive seen in a long time. Nothing like seeing hated champ go down in flames

Heel

Friday, September 13th

ONE FC 10: Champions & Warriors

Super Fight League 25

Bellator 99

Saturday, September 14th

Pacific Xtreme Combat 39

Kickboxing - K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16

Cage Warriors 59

BAMMA 13: Jones vs. Nunes

WSOF 5: Arlovski vs. Kyle

Boxing - Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez

i4F9KxRDbt5Rk.gif

I enjoyed it, those kicks were brutal and unchecked. I wish Barnett and Mir was a better fight tho.
Also i can check but did Sherk retire?
Not officially, like with an announcement and everything but his last fight was vs Evan Dunham at UFC 119 in 2010 and he's 40.

Prior to that fight, he pulled out of like 3 fights due to injury.

If I was to make a prediction, he will probably fight one more time early next year and then call it quits.

Just Drink Guy

Real Talk why is Cruz still champ?
Dana's orders. If it were up to Joe Silver and Sean Shelby he would've been stripped of it a while back.

It's cool because when he returns he'll quickly realize that the division has passed him by and the era of athletic non-fighters is coming to a close in the Ultimate.

Bendo and Guida went down last night and GSP is next.

Dana's orders. If it were up to Joe Silver and Sean Shelby he would've been stripped of it a while back.

It's cool because when he returns he'll quickly realize that the division has passed him by and the era of athletic non-fighters is coming to a close in the Ultimate.

Bendo and Guida went down last night and GSP is next.

lol Guida is athletic?

lol Guida is athletic?

athletic in that he never runs out of gas and tries to win fights with his athleticism rather than actually fighting, yes. when I am talking about MMA and taking the "athlete" approach rather than the "fighter" approach, Guida definitely falls under the former.

VASPER

Banned
Just Drink Guy

Real Talk why is Cruz still champ?

Yes just strip him and give him a shot when he get back, if that happens.

On the Sherk note, i liked him and thought he retired but hes kinda lost it so i would rather him just be like i'm out anyway.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Last night was so slow at work I managed to watch the last 3 fights on my phone. The MMA gods have smiled upon us with 2 fun cards after a deluge of crap. I will definitely remember last night's card, WEC Never Die!

Last night was so slow at work I managed to watch the last 3 fights on my phone. The MMA gods have smiled upon us with 2 fun cards after a deluge of crap. I will definitely remember last night's card, WEC Never Die!

Make that 3 fun cards. The Sonnen/Shogun card was great, so was the Condit/Kampmann one, and now this.

It's an embarrassment of MMA riches.

bone_and_sinew

Gr1m if you wonder why I'm so grouchy, let me tell you what my life has come to.
Before going to work yesterday I almost run into a web of this big ass spider that's been outside the house for a while. I avoid it, circle around it, and watch the spider out of curiosity. The motherfucker climbs down to the hood of my sister's car and got on its hind legs and bared it's fangs at me.
That's what my life has come to, I'm getting tried by spiders, the one creature I cannot stand, in front of my home, before making no money at work. And I was almost late to work because of this encounter.

266590_1652801219660_1825933515_1107208_2537505_o.jpg

bone_and_sinew

Nah I destroyed its web with a stick and it ran up a tree. By that my point I wasn't afraid, I was indignant by the absurdity of all.

dream

Come on, bone. That's like having a guy step to you in the club and instead of going Hernandez on the fucker, you sneak out the back and slash his tires.

If a spider starts shit, you fight that motherfucker.

bone_and_sinew

I destroyed its home and made it retreat, I won 30-27 using a Greg Jackson gameplan. I've taken too many in Ls in life as of late that its sapped my budo and made me fight safe.

Heel

Friend dream, Steve or Steve's handler pretending to be Steve agrees that interviewing pro wrestling fan Joe Silva on what it takes to build stars in mixed martials compared to pro wrestling would make for a fascinating podcast, and he will be checking into it. Wouldn't that be a fantastic interview knowing that Joe Silva actually cannot build stars? Let's hope it happens. It could be the best interview since that time Ric said Wahoo broke kayfabe and visited him in the hospital.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Before going to work yesterday I almost run into a web of this big ass spider that's been outside the house for a while. I avoid it, circle around it, and watch the spider out of curiosity. The motherfucker climbs down to the hood of my sister's car and got on its hind legs and bared it's fangs at me.

Unless you've got telescopic lenses where your eyes should be, how in the fuck big was this spider?

The largest spider I've seen in Taiwan was the size of my hand. And I've got L-sized hands. Down at Taroko Gorge you'll see hundreds of spiders like that, all building webs "high" amongst the trees.

I say "high" because it's high for Taiwanese people. But a few inches above my head. I was ducked the fuck down like I was LARPing MGS3 the last time I was there.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Gr1m if you wonder why I'm so grouchy, let me tell you what my life has come to.
That's what my life has come to, I'm getting tried by spiders, the one creature I cannot stand, in front of my home, before making no money at work. And I was almost late to work because of this encounter.

266590_1652801219660_1825933515_1107208_2537505_o.jpg

Spiders do not like you. On the flip side i read that looking at breasts for five minutes a day prolongs a man's life. If that's the case you're going to be practically immortal soon.

dream

Friend dream, Steve or Steve's handler pretending to be Steve agrees that interviewing pro wrestling fan Joe Silva on what it takes to build stars in mixed martials compared to pro wrestling would make for a fascinating podcast, and he will be checking into it. Wouldn't that be a fantastic interview knowing that Joe Silva actually cannot build stars? Let's hope it happens. It could be the best interview since that time Ric said Wahoo broke kayfabe and visited him in the hospital.

I agree with you. I will email Steve and ask him to make it happen.

DKehoe

I agree with you. I will email Steve and ask him to make it happen.

Joe Silva isn't allowed to do interviews. I've asked Meltzer if it would be possible to interview him on an Observer Radio, particularly since Silva has subscribed to the Wrestling Observer for years, and he said the UFC doesn't let him do them.

Top Bottom