• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS3 box arts

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It could still be a fake..he could have printed onto the CD. An awful lot of trouble to go to though :p Would sonic really be in production already?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
REV 09 said:
OA special...admittedly that comment is too extreme, and i don't really feel that way. I'm still buying a PS3 so what does it matter? I do feel that Sony is using the Playstation brand to push blu ray though, and i don't think it has much to do w/ gaming at all. That's my personal opinion though, but like i said, i'm still buying one and the branding is good business, the cost may not be.

EDIT: and of course i didn't form this opinion from a game case folks.

you're just full of wisdom today aren't you?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
thats a pretty damn spiffy box regardless of it being fake.
well done job to whoever took the time to do that.
just make the cases black and its fine by me imo.

Regardless of the actual cover - Blu-Ray cases look so much nicer than DVD cases.

And for some reason it feels like it gives the art more prominence even though physically it's probably a smaller area.

It's a nice fake, but I'm betting that's just a fake printed out and cut to fit the case. Everything in there is something that's previously been released (pics, art, et cetera... and would the manual have the logo that small and off in the corner?), and the text writeup on the back describes what was known of the game's plot up until a month or two ago. Trust me when I say that it's gotten a lot more complex since then, and even for a basic background/intro summary, it doesn't seem to reflect one previously unknown element. Or even mention Shadow at all, even though he's the third major character. (And is in several of the shots.)

Kolgar said:
My opinion is it's a poor decision (lazy? or just a lame attempt to create synergy with Sony's 2007 summer blockbuster?) that actually weakens the power of the brand.

Marvel can't be too happy with it. Didn't they already get into a fight with Sony once regarding Sony claiming too much of the Spider-Man property as theirs? And now Sony's using the font heavily associated with the Spider-Man movie logos to label and promote their gaming console.

Kulock said:
Marvel can't be too happy with it. Didn't they already get into a fight with Sony once regarding Sony claiming too much of the Spider-Man property as theirs? And now Sony's using the font heavily associated with the Spider-Man movie logos to label and promote their gaming console.

:lol

Talk about an ant a Tap Dancing Festival.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
davepoobond said:
blue is sorta the Playstation 3's color anyway isn't it?
I'm pretty sure its black + red now. PS2 and PSP were more blue.
Thats why I'm guessing they will opt for a black case.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
the blue doesn't look bad on the sonic case, but will with others
here's a quick comparo

sonicbrthumbmr4.jpg

5175.jpg

Dahbomb

The Black box is just WAY better than the blue. The blue looks good for Sonic but it would look horrible for something like Resistance.

temp

posting on contract only
Black looks better than blue, but blue is necessary to advertise Blu-Ray, and it's the only reason they have the bar on the top in the first place. Tough luck.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
uh, the blu-ray tab actually kind of works for sonic. doubt it'll work for anything else, but hey.

Angelcurio

I really hope that sony gets rid of that blu-ray tab, it simply looks awfull.

If they are going to keep it, then change it to black. The blue tab looks horrible.

aparisi2274

Wario64 said:
Bigger pic

marvel-ultimate-alliance-20060915032010363.jpg

I played this on the Wii last week in NYC... Its a cool ass game... I love the fact that with the Wii all you have to do to move the camera is rotate your left wrist... where as on the PS3 version you need to use the R3 stick.

Either way, this game is hella cool...

Kangu

Banned
Seems they went for an all black side stripe, which is good. The white playstation logo segmented the boxart in an awkward manner.

Striek

They should move the "PlayStation 3" to the upper part like every other system, and make the art cover the entirety of the width. Its rather lame the way they have it now.

REV 09

wow these look great. i love the clear, and the choice of art for both Resistance and HS are just excellent choices.

vantastic

clear cases confirmed and gaf still cries. :lol
seriously, wtf do you guys want sony to do? seems like anything they do you guys hate. they can do no right. ms and nintendo can do no wrong. :lol
time to go back to bashing the font i guess

Jim

JeFfRey said:
Am I hallucinating or there's the blu-ray logo on the left and Playstation3 written on the right?

Nope.. BRD logo "etched" into the upper left, and PlayStation 3 logo aligned to the right. The bright flashes wash them out, so it's harder to notice in photos.

davepoobond

hmm i dont not like the clear boxes...since they're kind of like the PSP ones, and allows for interior "cover art" around the whole box and the disc if they want, which is cool.

but the tab on the top is kinda "hmm" but they do have a bluray/ps3 logo on it so....

davepoobond

radioheadrule83 said:
I'd prefer the clear tab at the top was opaque and coloured. Doesn't look right for some reason.

Some nice box arts though!

if it were, then it'd just look even more awkward to see a colored line at the top of the box

Top Bottom