• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

AnEternalEnigma said:
Holy shit, people. Characters in a fighting game are not spoilers.
Its a story spoiler though =/. This game has a 5-6 hour story mode. I'm sure if this wasn't leaked it would have been a holy shit thats fucking awesome moment for me. It'd be like having someone spoil the
nuke
scene in COD4. Yeah, COD's not mainly a single player game, but it did have a great moment in that campaign.

fernoca

AnEternalEnigma said:
Has been discussed before.
A new character that hasn't been announced, teased at and might change the cannon story of that character it's a spoiler. ;)

So, spoiler tags just in case.

Sheeva hasn't been spoiler tagged because she has already been in a trailer and other pictures.
Quan Chi and Cyber are
because there's no announcmenet or connection to the story yet.

Irish

AnEternalEnigma said:

Holy shit! Yes, they can be. I'm sick of going over this shit. This isn't just a character spoiler, it's a story spoiler.

The following quote is about a move that a Smoke has

Well while new info is coming about MK9 I'll add that smoke has a dance move that repels projectiles for 18% damage :) more to come

http://twitter.com/MKUtweets/status/51778614655586304

Everyone is asking me where we got this screen shot-back In Feb. a little birdie shouldnt have gotten fired from a "particular" magazine :)

http://twitter.com/MKUtweets/status/52160893332627456

To concerned users: If u don't wanna see it DON'T click it- we will withhold story mode pics and other exciting stuff from same source :(

http://twitter.com/MKUtweets/status/52166228130791424

Learned my lesson Solidnsakex, will not read any more spoilers! I know too much. Argh!!!

=/

And wow, if thats a former employee for a mag thats leaking this shit, can't he get sued since he was under NDA?

and honestly, boon & co: would it hurt to edit yourselves a bit? how many fucking ninjas do we need. subzero, scorpion. you're good. know what i mean? 2 ninjas is enough.

Barkley's Justice said:
i thought they were limiting the lineup to the "core" players. there's a bunch of shitheads on here.

Quan Chi is the only character that wasn't in MK-UMK3 and those were the characters that this game is focusing on. They said from the start that if you had a favorite that was in one of those games then there would be a very good chance that they'd be in this game.

Barkley's Justice said:
i thought they were limiting the lineup to the "core" players. there's a bunch of shitheads on here.

Huh? Its the roster of MKT (which again, we knew from Day 1) plus 2 characters that are supposed to be unlockables.

Barkley's Justice said:
and honestly, boon & co: would it hurt to edit yourselves a bit? how many fucking ninjas do we need. subzero, scorpion. you're good. know what i mean? 2 ninjas is enough.
Dude. This is a fan service game. Its been known from the start that this was going to be the roster.

fernoca

Barkley's Justice said:
Yep they did. Only characters from the arcade releases of MK to UMK3...and 1 from MK4.

Barkley's Justice said:
They just do it, to have some connection with their original looks. in the original games most looked like ninjas, but were not ninjas. Now they're giving their own identity, while still keeping some of the classic look.

Barkley's Justice said:
Barkley's Justice said:
I don't want to sound harsh (or get in trouble), but kindly shut up.

I really can't stand fighting gamers and their hatred for fighting game characters.

Gravijah

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Put spoilers in the title. Problem solved.

I don't want to see a shit-ton of black bars everywhere.

Yeah, this was in another thread before. Now it's a separate thread.

Barkley's Justice said:

Uh, Reptile too, friend. :mad:

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Irish said:
Holy shit! Yes, they can be. I'm sick of going over this shit. This isn't just a character spoiler, it's a story spoiler.
Which is tragic, because the most important part of a fighting game is the story.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Smoke with krazy hair will either look very funny to me or very stupid. Guess I'll have to wait for an official reveal.

fernoca

MyEpitomeCliché said:
2nd slot? That's not Kratos?
Extras Slot - Sheeva - Quan Chi - Extras Slot

Cyber and Kratos seem to be on the Extras Slot, which will also have the DLC characters.

Irish

SapientWolf said:
Which is tragic, because the most important part of a fighting game is the story.

Gonna tell me to read a book next?

Sometimes it is simply more about the entertainment factor which, to me, doesn't come from the fights themselves. It's from the backstory. Oh well, new thread with new rules and whatnot.

Cruzader

Banned
MisterHero said:
Is that Human Smoke with Don King hair?
I think it's Frost but I may be wrong.

Anyhow the character art is horrible.(character select screen) I'm hyped for the game and demo was cool but man those artworks are dumb looking.

TheVampire said:
Smoke looks so stupid with that hair

They just had to fuck up my one favourite character.....
You haven't even seen the full portrait , or in game model.

Furthermore all characters have at least one alternate costume, and Male Ninjas have at least one classic (MK1/2) costume.

Relax.

Gravijah

Cruzader said:
I think it's Frost but I may be wrong.

Anyhow the character art is horrible.(character select screen) I'm hyped for the game and demo was cool but man those artworks are dumb looking.

Haha Frost. I dunno why but that made me laugh.

fernoca

TheVampire said:
Smoke looks so stupid with that hair

They just had to fuck up my one favourite character.....
At least wait till you see him in motion, more of him..and more of the hair to decide. :p

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Irish said:
Gonna tell me to read a book next?

Sometimes it is simply more about the entertainment factor which, to me, doesn't come from the fights themselves. It's from the backstory. Oh well, new thread with new rules and whatnot.
Yeah, I don't know why they make you sit through all those boring fights to get to the entertaining story.

Top Bottom