• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

Cinemark Sunrise Mall
Cinemark Movies 10 Brownsville
Cinemark Movies 10 Harlingen
Cinemark Harlingen

Within 10 miles:
Regal Pointe Orlando Stadium and IMAX
AMC Disney Springs 24
Regal Cinemas The Loop Stadium 16 and RPX
Touchstar Cinemas Southchase 7
AMC Lowes Universal 20
You're the best, my dude.

Farsi

I think me and my wife are going to sign up for this. We usually see about a movie a month. with this I think we would see pretty much all movies in theater even the mediocre ones we are on the fence on. Is this a limited time offer? We are busy the next few weeks so we want to wait to sign up or should we just sign up now?

This deal is already getting noticed on social media and the big deal websites, safer to sign up now.

Bookoo

So I contacted support about the application and they said that the app won't populate the theaters until the card arrives and my subscription activates.

If you aren't seeing theaters in the app, but are seeing them on the website that may be why.

Not sure why they can't show theaters in the area before that though.

WriterGK

My guess is that they are willing to take this hit for a while to massively drive up their sub numbers so that they can gradually increase prices.

I don't mind... I will just cancel once the sub hits $15 or so.
They are betting on people to eat/drink now a lot as well. In my own experience its cheap but I eat and drink way too much :')

My guess is that they are willing to take this hit for a while to massively drive up their sub numbers so that they can gradually increase prices.

I don't mind... I will just cancel once the sub hits $15 or so.

Yeah its either that or they are counting on this price being low enough that people who don't see a ton of movies start signing up--like people who might only go to one movie a month and maybe even go months without seeing any.

But yeah, I am strongly considering this for myself and my GF.

So I contacted support about the application and they said that the app won't populate the theaters until the card arrives and my subscription activates.

If you aren't seeing theaters in the app, but are seeing them on the website that may be why.

Not sure why they can't show theaters in the area before that though.

They don't want you to think you can just use the app immediately

Doubt it. It seems like it is for standard 2D screenings. Unless your theatres have upgraded all screens to Atmos sound and don't charge premiums, i would guess it isn't included.

They charge $11, the exact same price as all their other auditoriums. This one only screens Atmos 2D movies but there's no upcharge.

They are betting on people to eat/drink now a lot as well. In my own experience its cheap but I eat and drink way too much :')

Heh, I never eat or drink in theaters. Drove my last gf nuts, she always wanted a diet Coke and popcorn.

Rvaan

Banned
Can anyone check 91750 and 91505?

Thanks!

With 10 miles of 91750:
Edwards La Verne Stadium 12
AMC Glendora 12
Claremont 5
Regency Foothill Cinema Stadium 10
Edwards Ontario Mountain Village Stadium 14
AMC Covina 30

With 5 miles of 91505:
AMC Theatres Burbank Town Center 6
AMC Burbank 16
Laemmle Noho 7
AMC Theatres Burbank Town Center 8
TCL Chinese Theatre
Egyptain Theatre - Hollywood
Area Cinelounge Sunset
AMC Dine-in Sunset 5
Los Feliz 3
Century 8
Pacific Theatres Glendale 18

johnny956

63127 if anyone has a chance. I got it to work for one zip code (AMC theaters) but wanting to see if my local theater chain is supported

Bookoo

They don't want you to think you can just use the app immediately

Yea, I actually just asked and she said its because the app loads the card so you can't use it without it.

Seems like there is a better way to surface that then just making it look like the app doesn't work.

Heh, I never eat or drink in theaters. Drove my last gf nuts, she always wanted a diet Coke and popcorn.

What's worse is when they only eat 1 or 2 handfuls and you end up finishing the large popcorn even though you didn't really want it :(

DOWN

Banned
This is all too good to be true.

I did just find out that if your companion doesn't have a data plan they can't use their service, even if they use your phone but logged into their account. I guess we'll see if wifi works.
Huh? What does this have to do with moviepass?

Just to be sure, before I sign up: there's no cancellation fee anymore, right? I checked the FAQ and they said you can cancel anytime with no fee. It just seems things are kinda janky right now so I thought I'd ask.

foxdvd

Their main page now allows you to put in your zip code.....

Found out both theaters near me work with this. 10 bucks a month is an amazing deal for me, since I can only go to movies on days that cost 7.50-9.50 each...so I only have to go to 2 movies a month to have saved money, a very easy thing to do for me.

meow

I signed up and got a confirmation page, but no email and it says my email isn't recognized. Did it bug out or is the system just very slow?

Rvaan

Banned
63127 if anyone has a chance. I got it to work for one zip code (AMC theaters) but wanting to see if my local theater chain is supported
Within ~10 Miles:
Great Escape at Gravois Bluffs
Wehrenberg Ronnies 20 Cine
Wehrenberg Des Peres 14 Cine
Keller Plaza 8
Wehrenberg Arnold 14 Cine
AMC Creve Couer 12
AMC Esquire 7
Hi-Pointe Backlot
Hi-Pointe Theatre
AMC West Olive

stupei

They posted a tweet about 2 hours ago that confirms. You can watch the same movie as many times as you want, once per day.

Probably makes for better usage data if they know about repeat viewings.

I cancelled when the price went up, but I think I'm back in.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Can someone check 77346 please?

Websites buggy and won't do zip codes for me, but checking google maps, that's "northeast" Houston?

Scrolling the map to the area gave me:
AMC Deerbrook Mall 24
Deerbrook Movie Tavern
ShowBiz Fall Creek 10

2 near "Deerbook Mall" and the other was south, closer to state highway 8 (toll road)

No Pre-Booking?

Since Pre-Booking online and Reserved seating has become a thing, I have not gone to a movie theatre that did not have it.

Sounds like a good deal but have to pass. Pre-Booking and reserved seating way too important to me.

Interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on this, see how it works out for you folk. One thing I like to do sometimes is go to Sunday morning movies by myself and this might be nice for that.

Site is crapping out a lot, I'd hate to be a DBA, developer, or IT support there.

{{ plansWithDiscounts[selectedPlanIndex].cap == 1 ? plansWithDiscounts[selectedPlanIndex].cap + ' Movie' : plansWithDiscounts[selectedPlanIndex].cap < 31 ? plansWithDiscounts[selectedPlanIndex].cap + ' Movies' : 'Unlimited'}} {{ planPrice }}/month {{ plansWithDiscounts[selectedPlanIndex].description }

Your credit card will be charged ${{ planPrice }} today, and your first month of service will officially begin when you receive your MoviePass card in the mail.
By clicking "{{ nextLabel }}" you agree to the Terms & Conditions

You can still pick seats, you just need to be at the theater.

Maya Bakersfield 16 Cinemas
AMC Bakersfield 6
Bakersfield Valley Plaza 16
Edwards Bakersfield Stadium 14

Cinemark River Valley Mall XD
Marcus Cinemas - Pickerington
AMC Indian Mound 9

Waugh Chapel Stadium 12 IMAX
Regal Bowie Stadium 14
Bow Tie Cinemas Annapolis Mall
Bow Tie Cinemas Annapolis Harbour
Marley Station Movies

AMC Loews Boston Common 19
AMC Braintree
AMC Assembly Row 12

Regal Movies - Governor's Square
AMC Tallahassee Mall 20 I hope

Hamilton 16 IMAX
Studio Movie Grill College Park
Flix Brewhouse Carmel
Regal Village Park Cinema Stadium 17
AMC Castelton Square 14
UA Galaxy Stadium 14
Great Escape Nobelsville Stadium 10

Muvico Baywalk 20
Regal Cinemas Park Place Stadium 16
Cobb Tyrone Luxury 10
Touchstar Cinemas - Seminole
Regal Largo Mall 8

Carmike Chapel Hills 13
Regal Interquest Stadium 14
Kimballs Peak Three Theaters
Picture Show at Citadel Crossing
Cinemark Tinseltown Colorado Springs
Cinemark Carefree Circle IMAX
Carmike 10 Colorado Springs

However, rewatches are not allowed. So even if you had, you would not have been able to see Baby Driver multiple times with it.

Both the Penn and Regal there support it.

College Point Multiplex Cinemas
UA Midwayy Stadium 9
UA Kaufman Astoria Stadium 14
Regal Atlas Park Stadium 8
Cinemart Cinemas
Kew Gardens Cinemas
Concourse Plaza Multiplex Cinemas
City Cinemas 86th Street East
AMC Loews Orpheum 7

Can give specific other ones.

AMC Cherry Creek 8
AMC Bowles Crossing 12
UA Denver Pavilons
UA Colorado Center 9
Continental Stadium 10
Elvis Cinemas Tiffany Plaza 6
Regal River Point Stadium 14
Cinema Latino de Aurora
Century 16 Belmar
Elvis Cinemas Arvada
Century 16 Aurora
Regal SouthGlenn Stadium 14
UA Greenwood Plaza 12
Cinebarre - Thornton
Alamo Drafthouse Littleton

Regal Crossgates Stadium 18 IMAX
Regal Colonie Center Stadium 13
Madison Theatre
Bow Tie Cinemas Movieland

There are more but I don't see drive-ins. My hometown drive-in doesn't work for it either fwiw.

The app went down for me now, so sorry if I couldn't do yours. I can try again in a few hours if you'd like.

Late but thank you! I really appreciate you doing this for us.

Sheiter

Can anyone confirm if the one movie a day restriction rolls over by date or by hours? I remember it used to be a literal 24hr period and if you wanted to go two days in a row you had to keep seeing later and later showings so that they were more than 24hr apart.

Can anyone confirm if the one movie a day restriction rolls over by date or by hours? I remember it used to be a literal 24hr period and if you wanted to go two days in a row you had to keep seeing later and later showings so that they were more than 24hr apart.

Earlier in the thread someone said it resets every night at 2 am.

Is it the day only now. So Friday evening and Saturday matinee will work.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Hmm I have no shortage of theaters being in NYC/LI but no pre-booking kind of sucks and I've just been way too lazy in recent years to deal with the theater. I mostly only go for really big events like Star Wars in IMAX or random indy titles with friends at small theaters.

gcubed

its been changed and resets at 2am every day

kaskade

Why can't you check theaters in your area before you sign up?

You can now, I think they were in the process of updating their website when the info came out.

Hopefully it doesn’t take me too long to get the card, I can’t wait to try it out. Even if I just average one movie a month it’ll be worth it. I’ll probably make more of an effort to check out more films too at this point.

DirtyLarry

Damn, they support my theater, and me and my wife go to the movies at least twice a month. Think we both need to sign up.

Huh? What does this have to do with moviepass?
Was more responding to my own question as I spoke to their support. My GF doesn't have data, she uses wifi. They said it won't work with only wifi to check in. You have to check in at the theater in person to activate the card before you buy the ticket.

Top Bottom