• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony product first to go out of stock at Hasbro Comic-Con booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Being pretty generous with those hole dimensions. Also remember that love doll documentary where the guy cleaned out the vagina and the rag came out yellow?

I feel sorry for the creator. She just wanted to make a good show for kids. Instead her creation has been associated with some of the weirdest and most creepy people ever.

Chinner

Banned
I feel sorry for the creator. She just wanted to make a good show for kids. Instead her creation has been associated with some of the weirdest and most creepy people ever.

gGc18.gif
gGc18.gif

26dd7d4487bed7e0d7cb3680e20114fc.gif

gGc18.gif
gGc18.gif

Pilgor

Thats cool. Maybe one day you'll be so secure with your masculinity that you won't feel the need to degrade women who have a hard time losing weight. Complain about how women are worse at driving or spend thousands on clothes. When you come to that point maybe you could learn to enjoy fun stuff in life, regardless of how cute it is.

mlp shirts don't come in my size :(

Songbird

Prodigal Son

The creator and some VAs came to a recent con and seemed to have a great time if Twitter feeds were any indication. There'll always be creeps in a fandom, this is the internet.

Also, people who consider that cosplay gif as something creepy instead of funny should get their funny bones checked. Things suck if we can't laugh at it ourselves.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think a lot of people can identify with a show that emphasizes love and tolerance.
Lots of people feel alienated by the world and if this helps them to cope with it and find a place to belong then fucking let them have their peace.

I can kind of understand that, the same way I have a strong like for Phineas and Ferb because of how it seems to capture the youthful spirit of invention and imagination. Still think that the sheer size of the MLP fanbase is weird though.

Songbird

Prodigal Son

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Except it doesn't. In fact, while love gets some mention, tolerance doesn't get mentioned much at all in any overt or explicit way.

and lets face it; they aren't very tolerant.

see: ponyvilles treatment of zecora and Rarities opinion of Iron Will.

McNum

I can kind of understand that, the same way I have a strong like for Phineas and Ferb because of how it seems to capture the youthful spirit of invention and imagination. Still think that the sheer size of the MLP fanbase is weird though.
Momentum, probably. The more people that recommend a show, the more people get exposed to it. At some point you just hit critical mass and it becomes huge. I mean, I like the show, but I'll also happily admit that it's not the only good show on TV.

It's just a little less than half an hour of innocent fun. Which is kind of hard to find these days.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pandaman: It's pretty much a feel-good catchphrase that some fans clung to without regard to actual show content.

Cheerilee

She's literally overjoyed by the positive response to her hard work.

She knows all about 4chan and rule 34 and slashfics and shipping, and how it happens in every fandom. She's really upset that haters latch onto that and try to use it as evidence that her fans are all degenerate freaks.

The creator is probably crying herself to sleep under piles of money.
She didn't make a lot of money. She was simply a skilled creator hired to reboot a struggling franchise. And she quit after one year for various reasons (pregnancy, creative control, living in LA while the show is produced in Vancouver, etc). You don't make money by signing on to dead franchises. You don't make money by quitting successful ones. You make money by threatening to quit successful ones.

Hasbro was the one who made money here, or at least they would have, had they found a way to cash in on bronies. This is actually one of their first real attempts.

Make a fan-favorite item > Try selling it at comic con > It sells out.

My god, they much be rolling in cash.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hahaha, Cornelius the Techno Wizard.

I swear to god thats not me.

The pony news site Round Stable published an interesting article on the whole love and tolerance thing. Check it out. Um, I mean, if you want to...
This is a good read. I call bullshit on this though:
What kids haven’t been exposed to until now, however, is a show that challenges them to learn how to interact with others in their peer group who might not deserve love and tolerance. Because we, as adults, can surely agree that such people do exist.
The show instead chooses to spend its time on much subtler, more interesting lessons such as how to distinguish a true friend from someone who’s only trying to butter you up to get something out of you, or how to learn where your limits are and how to let your friends rescue you when you find yourself beyond them.
Arthur has been doing this for decades, and that combined with its writing quality is why I still hold Arthur as one of the greatest children's shows of all time.

Razek

Banned
Criminy. Yes, let's always take the worst of a fanbase that can be posted here without getting banned to represent the ENTIRE audience. Perfect. Bravo.

There are sick freaks everywhere people. This community is especially vulnerable for multiple reasons, the main of which is that it was an internet phenomenon equating to massive exposure.

I'm not trying to defend the sometimes crazy/sick fanbase, just merely suggesting there is a plethora of non-freakish people out there that watch the show for a multitude of reasons. It's not some huge conspiracy or troll unlike what some would believe. Imagine that?

It's the epitome of happy, nice, and cute.

Slayven

Except it doesn't. In fact, while love gets some mention, tolerance doesn't get mentioned much at all in any overt or explicit way.
Reminds of this interview with a powerranger fan that said based on what he seen in the show. There was never an American civil war or civil rights movement in the powerrangers universe because there was never any need.

Novid

Banned
Criminy. Yes, let's always take the worst of a fanbase that can be posted here without getting banned to represent the ENTIRE audience. Perfect. Bravo.

There are sick freaks everywhere people. This community is especially vulnerable for multiple reasons, the main of which is that it was an internet phenomenon equating to massive exposure.

I'm not trying to defend the sometimes crazy/sick fanbase, just merely suggesting there is a plethora of non-freakish people out there that watch the show for a multitude of reasons. It's not some huge conspiracy or troll unlike what some would believe. Imagine that?

It's the epitome of happy, nice, and cute.

You know why My Little Pony is huge in the net?

Ready?

Saban fucked up.
4Kids caught the ire of the Otakus dealing with One Piece
Cartoon Network ended Toonami and Naruto never gained any ground.
Disney Channel started the whole Pedo-Pop bullshit which Continued with Nick from Victorious on down.
Thundercats was sacrficed for two CN's Idea of a Joke in Level Up.
The Fanbase split because of the One Piece issue / seeing what was up in Japan didnt mesh with our moral impertives there was a move to more western asthics (see the issue with Dragons Dogma and what Shidoshi stated why she didnt like the look, and everybody else on gaming side hated on her) which are the reasons why COD and the like are succeeding.
Economic situation in the US.
Certain parts of the fanbase dont like the "Crunchyroll" side of anime - but cannot stand the "COD/Skyrim" like of Adult Swim or "Pred-Pop" of disney and the like, sees this franchise as the balance of these two.

And the one major thing, each of these companies shows or products have some type of athentication to get there stuff. The shows makers dont care.

I see it as the tombstone of the tv animation industry but the casket isnt there because the body is in hospital trying to be revived.

big_z

im sure these pony toys will show up on equestriaafterdark or ejaculationismagic covered in cum after a good clopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom