• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N. Korea sentences American to 15 years labor (Up: Otto Warmbier has died)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

What the fuck did they do to him ☹️

I can't believe in 2017 you can get put into a coma and die for taking a poster. Fuck NK for this travesty

Now imagine what they do to their own people....

Horrific. The world needs to think about an answer to NK. A lot of the responsibility is on China here

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Now imagine what they do to their own people....

Horrific. The world needs to think about an answer to NK. A lot of the responsibility is on China here
This I agree with. I wish this world can unite against dictatorships like North Korea. I'm not just sad for the American kid who was murdered by that country but for its own people who die everyday that monster is in power.

Draft

Cannot imagine the helplessness of this man's family. A sovereign power murdered him and absolutely no justice will be served.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Awful, and has to be seen as an escalation by North Korea. I have to wonder if the extent of injuries and ultimately death that he suffered was their intended outcome, or if someone mistakenly went too far in torturing him.

Truly the Lincoln of our time.

8ZsrJAt.gif

Will people finally stop visiting north korea? It's like walking into a mine field. It's playing Russian roulette. Don't fucking go there.

There are still 3 (?) Korean Americans detained. How will President Fuckface get them out?

moggio

Banned
I have a hard time not considering this as an act of war. Taking one of our citizens for their own petty personal purposes, and treating them like a savage, causing their death.

If I were president, it would take every fiber of my being to keep a cool and rational head and not to launch a retaliation against them for it.

You live in a country where a pregnant woman was shot and killed by police in front of her children because she reported a burglary; et al.

So you should probably consider being less self righteous​.

Anyway, this is sad. Don't go to North Korea, guys.

Will people finally stop visiting north korea? It's like walking into a mine field. It's playing Russian roulette. Don't fucking go there.

There are still 3 (?) Korean Americans detained. How will President Fuckface get them out?

I don't think it's that dangerous to visit NK. You could make a point of not visiting (and indirectly sponsoring) a brutal regime, but incidents like this one, while horrible and tragic, aren't that common.

Lum1n3s

Holy shit that's ducking sad to hear but even worse is reading that he had a significant amount of brain tissue that was lost due which god knows how that was done.

RIP, no one in the world deserves to go through what he did, absolutely no one.

brian577

Banned

Most people who get arrested did something stupid. North Korea doesn't arrest people just cause, they do it for violating their idiotic laws. They want people to come for the money and the propaganda.

So no, it won't stop people from going.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Beyond fucked

Gotta wonder why they even released him in the condition he was in. You'd think they would have just let him die and blame it on a suicide or killed during a possible escape, some shady shit like that. We'll most likely never find out what those animals did to him :(

Rip.

Beyond fucked

Gotta wonder why they even released him in the condition he was in. You'd think they would have just let him die and blame it on a suicide or killed during a possible escape, some shady shit like that. We'll most likely never find out what those animals did to him :(

I assume they knew he was not going to live much longer and were trying to mitigate the fallout.

I don't think it's that dangerous to visit NK. You could make a point of not visiting (and indirectly sponsoring) a brutal regime, but incidents like this one, while horrible and tragic, aren't that common.

The number of American tourists who visit NK each year is probably a couple hundred at most. So idk about you, but I'm not liking those odds one bit.

gdt

It would be nice if we could mourn the loss of life without someone taking a cheap shot at Trump. Just once would be nice. For fuck sake.

Dude what

Trump has the power and responsibility and ability to improve or fuck up this situation and what lead to this young mans death. Beyond the loss, it's an international incident with geopolitical ramifications. So what Trump thinks of the matter is important and should be talked about.

And that's a stupid statement

Edit: I don't see how criticizing the President's response is disrespectful of the dead....

This line of conversation isn't really all that important I guess. No one is expecting Trump to have a reasoned off the cuff response to this.

Rip to Otto. What a crazy thing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What the hell. 15 years in prison at the advent of his life as a full adult. We shouldn't let this happen.

Also, lesson learned: don't go to North Korea.

Edit: DAMN he died!? R.I.P. Condolences to his family too. :(

For those in this thread that blamed the victim. I hope you feel like shit because you really deserve to. Absolutely fucking shameful behaviour.

He shouldn't have died, and its horrible what happend to him. But he did a incredibly stupid thing, and pointing that out doesn't make someone complicit in his death.

clemenx

Banned
Sucks this kid had to die (not to mention countless of North Koreans, of course) because the so called civilized world is afraid to act with firmness against evil and things that flat out should not exist.

Were going the same way in my country (Venezuela) btw. Today government forces murdered 2 teenagers that were protesting. All under the eyes of the indifferent world.

KillLaCam

Banned
Terrible what happened to him.

But don't go to any authoritarian country or even developing countries and expect to get a fair punishment for a "crime". Atleast try to learn about the place you're going to, maybe checkout where they stand on human rights, etc. Even though situation's where tourists/foreigners are arrested in NK are actually extremely rare (for the amount of tourists/ foreigners it gets) you should at-least try to know what might get you arrested there. Stealing propaganda from a place that has cameras and microphones in the hotels should have been an obvious no no. Just know where you're going.

Slightly off topic.Here's a youtube channel from a guy who's been living there for a few years if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom