• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

So I recently saw the Boruto movie and loved it. It felt like a step back towards the Naruto I fell in love with (a personal, relatively grounded, story). I especially enjoyed Boruto himself and the other kids weren't that bad either, actually. Mind you, I also really liked the Sarada manga thing.

So afterwards I naturally decided to check out how the Boruto manga turned out and all it took was one page for me to heave a sigh of disappointment. <_>''

Its written by a different person and drawn by a different person.
Boruto was the finale for the series according to Kishi and as you said was a great conclusion. This is essentially Naruto GT, so I'm just going to ignore it till Kishi comes back or another movie is shown.

Not my fault she was given the bust line of a brick wall.

Is this even important? Let me answer that for you...no it is not.

Is this even important? Let me answer that for you...no it is not.
Different things are important to different people...
hghgg.bmp

rambis

Banned
Boruto is nothing like Dragonball GT. Kishi is supervising this and most likely the authority of the overall plot. He hand selected the author and only wants him. Toriyama had jack shit to do with GT. I don't know how they're comparable at all.

Different things are important to different people...
hghgg.bmp

Chris_hansen.png

Boruto is nothing like Dragonball GT. Kishi is supervising this and most likely the authority of the overall plot. He hand selected the author and only wants him. Toriyama had jack shit to do with GT. I don't know how they're comparable at all.

This is exactly like DB GT. Kishi says he is finished with Naruto and will watch from a readers point of view, this is nothing but JUMP getting desperate.

Supervisor is nothing but marketing speak, just like what happened with Toriyama where he was placed as the Supervisor and then we found out that he had little to no input in the project. Even remember it happening to Kubo for a movie.

Till Kishi himself details his involvement with the project this shit is DB GT but with an even worse schedule and arguably worse art.

Surely this wouldn't be the creepiest Naruto conversation across two active threads and the one that got shut down due to waifu wars.

I'm pretty sure it is.

rambis

Banned
Chris_hansen.png

This is exactly like DB GT. Kishi says he is finished with Naruto and will watch from a readers point of view, this is nothing but JUMP getting desperate.

Supervisor is nothing but marketing speak, just like what happened with Toriyama where he was placed as the Supervisor and then we found out that he had little to no input in the project. Even remember it happening to Kubo for a movie.

Till Kishi himself details his involvement with the project this shit is DB GT but with an even worse schedule and arguably worse art.

I'm pretty sure it is.
Toriyama was never said to do anything with GT. He said himself it was an original side story which is what japanese call filler.

Again, this is nothing alike.

I guess they have to surpass Narutos level so that they can make enemies that are a threat.
Let the power scaling bullshit games begin.
So now all of a sudden Sarada is supposed to be stronger than Sasuke, the dude that fucking Chidori'd a fucking meteor in half.

So now all of a sudden Sarada is supposed to be stronger than Sasuke, the dude that fucking Chidori'd a fucking meteor in half.

well it counts... we don't know what her eyes is compared to Boruto and Mitsuki which we have a glimpse of understanding since we saw it before
Its just promo art from Kishi, not a prediction.
yeah I am more leaning to that since

Boruto has both eyes being byakugan

but in the timeskip we see one

but if it was

tumblr_inline_obc4s8J6TJ1r2wdcx_500.gif

well it counts... we don't know what her eyes is compared to Boruto and Mitsuki which we have a glimpse of understanding since we saw it before
Only thing is Sasuke had to train...a lot to get the strong...and then all that weird shit with Itachi's eyes and Hogarama chakra legacy shit happened, but how would they explain
Sarada
being that strong?

rambis

Banned
Its just promo art from Kishi, not a prediction.

Yes he was and he finally explained things, what, 10 years later lol
Lol, no he wasnt.

No, I dont think so. Sasukes parallel on this new team is Boruto. Sarada isnt as worthless as Sakura so theres that

Only thing is Sasuke had to train...a lot to get the strong...and then all that weird shit with Itachi's eyes and Hogarama chakra legacy shit happened, but how would they explain
Sarada
being that strong?

if we do take this as some spoiler thing then it could be many things...

a) that is Mangeky&#333; Sharingan so she went as far as Hebi Sasuke (which means she can go blind)

b) Maybe it is some new made up stuff to try and dodge the limitations and also toss her up to her OP genetically superior comrades

c) Eye merger to EMS

I truly feel it is b) since factos of a) and also needing another pair of eyes for c) makes it hard to present the other cases

plus all the harsh emotions and training she needs to get through to accomplish it

if we do take this as some spoiler thing then it could be many things...

a) that is Mangeky&#333; Sharingan so she went as far as Hebi Sasuke (which means she can go blind)

b) Maybe it is some new made up stuff to try and dodge the limitations and also toss her up to her OP genetically superior comrades

c) Eye merger to EMS

I truly feel it is b) since factos of a) and also needing another pair of eyes for c) makes it hard to present the other cases

plus all the harsh emotions and training she needs to get through to accomplish it
If I'm not mistaken Orochimaru-obasan does
have like a vat of sharingans in his/her/its lab so it's not like Sarada can't just restock on some eyes when she needs to.
Lol, no he wasnt.

No, I dont think so. Sasukes parallel on this new team is Boruto. Sarada isnt as worthless as Sakura so theres that
Thankfully Sarada can actually fight unlike Sakura during the early stages. "A berserked Gaara's charging at me, lemme stand in front of him!" Get rekt.

If I'm not mistaken Orochimaru-obasan does
have like a vat of sharingans in his/her/its lab so it's not like Sarada can't just restock on some eyes when she needs to.

but what I got from that is in order to do MS or EMS you have to have your eyes or someone dear to you

hence why Obito didn't have like five billion MS

yeah I am more leaning to that since

Leaning? Kishi ain't even involved in the story, he did some promo art as marketing, probably made up in a couple of mins lol

Lol, no he wasnt.

I don't know why I even bother with you sometimes when its clear you know jack shit.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_03_at_17_22_00.jpg

Probably though only one that bucks that trend...I would assume Shikamaru and Choji as well.

If Choji knew how to cook then that would be helpful
Leaning? Kishi ain't even involved in the story, he did some promo art as marketing, probably made up in a couple of mins lol

well you know anything is plausible with original creator and editor Pressurem, fixing prior mistakes

like Boruto not having the Byakugan

To be fair at least we saw Sakura and Temari do something in Boruto the movie. We've seen Ino in a jonin outfit, Choji returning from a mission and thats about it. Kiba seems like he does nothing. Not sure what Sai does either.

Sai

but what I got from that is in order to do MS or EMS you have to have your eyes or someone dear to you

hence why Obito didn't have like five billion MS
Before the
reincarnation mess, the conditions were simply exchanging one's Mangeky&#333; Sharingan with another Mangeky&#333; Sharingan belonging to immediate family.

However, it may have been insinuated that the reason Sasuke and Madara have been the only two Uchiha to successfully create this "Choku Tomoe"&#8212;or Eien no Mangeky&#333; Sharingan&#8212;and the Rinnegan, was due to the fact that they shared a certain "connection beyond blood", as Madara said... Which was the fact that they were both incarnations of Indra's chakra.

I don't like it.

Well that immediately negates
her getting her dad's eyes then...
Sasuke's original Mangeky&#333; Sharingan should still be around somewhere.

I don't know why I even bother with you sometimes when its clear you know jack shit.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_03_at_17_22_00.jpg
The original authors name is present on a lot of stuff they have little to no involvement in, Psycho_Mantis. Toriyama had practically nothing to do with GT, beyond the character designs, if I remember correctly. Kishimoto served in a similar capacity for all of the movies before Road to Ninja.

With this new Boruto serialization, he's apparently there as an advisor of sorts.

To be fair at least we saw Sakura and Temari do something in Boruto the movie. We've seen Ino in a jonin outfit, Choji returning from a mission and thats about it. Kiba seems like he does nothing. Not sure what Sai does either.
Sai seems to be the one raising Inojin so I don't think he's doing nothing.
The original authors name is present on a lot of stuff they have little to no involvement in, Psycho_Mantis. Toriyama had practically nothing to do with GT, beyond the character designs, if I remember correctly. Kishimoto served in a similar capacity for all of the movies before Road to Ninja.

With this new Boruto serialization, he's apparently there as an advisor of sorts.
Like how Yoshiyuki Tomino is still attached to a bunch of Gundam shows even though he's never worked on them.

Before the
reincarnation mess, the conditions were simply exchanging one's Mangeky&#333; Sharingan with another Mangeky&#333; Sharingan belonging to immediate family.

However, it may have been insinuated that the reason Sasuke and Madara have been the only two Uchiha to successfully create this "Choku Tomoe"—or Eien no Mangeky&#333; Sharingan—and the Rinnegan, was due to the fact that they shared a certain "connection beyond blood", as Madara said... Which was the fact that they were both incarnations of Indra's chakra.

I don't like it.

the fact there is tons of rule and regulations for eyeballs is just stupid

Sai

Well, they had to have some reason to explain why the entire clan wasn't running around with Mangeky&#333; Sharingan that never go blind.

Well, they had to have some reason to explain why the entire clan wasn't running around with Mangeky&#333; Sharingan that never go blind.

yeah

idk maybe it was stretched and milked to long but the whole Sharigan thing turned overly plain

I mean everyone had PS by the end and the Naruto vs Sasuke fight had Naruto looking like a disco ball while Sasuke basically looked like nothing had changed with him unless you squinted at his face

Before the

However, it may have been insinuated that the reason Sasuke and Madara have been the only two Uchiha to successfully create this "Choku Tomoe"&#8212;or Eien no Mangeky&#333; Sharingan&#8212;and the Rinnegan, was due to the fact that they shared a certain "connection beyond blood", as Madara said... Which was the fact that they were both incarnations of Indra's chakra.

I don't like it.

Sasuke's original Mangeky&#333; Sharingan should still be around somewhere.

Oh yeah but that was only spoken by Toriyama years down the line on how he did a bit of the art. Before that he was credited to be working on the series.

Kishimoto's role is hardly detailed unlike his previous collaborations, such as Last and Boruto the movie, and judging from his words on how he is done with Naruto and will observe this manga from the readers point of view, it seems to me he has very little involvement, with the name supervisor just for marketing....just like DB GT.

rambis

Banned
Kishi himself said to Jump thag he will be heavily involved in supervising Boruto. I really dont know where this guy gets this stuff...

think about it

If ever Boruto gets the Kurama cloak and has Byakugan the amount of power his Air Palm would have

His mother tossed the Juubi's arm towards a mountain with a little of it

expect his power

Erigu

Oh yeah but that was only spoken by Toriyama years down the line on how he did a bit of the art. Before that he was credited to be working on the series.
There was no recent revelation regarding Toriyama's actual involvement or anything like that, Psycho_Mantis.
And no, his name being listed in the credits doesn't mean anything. He's the original creator, that's just how it works. He'd be listed just like that even if he had died years before they got the idea of making Dragon Ball GT.

That being said...
Kishimoto's role is hardly detailed unlike his previous collaborations, such as Last and Boruto the movie, and judging from his words on how he is done with Naruto and will observe this manga from the readers point of view, it seems to me he has very little involvement, with the name supervisor just for marketing....just like DB GT.
... I do think it's possible Kishimoto actually has as little input as Toriyama did on Dragon Ball GT. "Supervision" can mean anything.

There was no recent revelation regarding Toriyama's actual involvement or anything like that, Psycho_Mantis.
And no, his name being listed in the credits doesn't mean anything. He's the original creator, that's just how it works. He'd be listed just like that even if he had died years before they got the idea of making Dragon Ball GT.

That being said...

... I do think it's possible Kishimoto actually has as little input as Toriyama did on Dragon Ball GT. "Supervision" can mean anything.

By no means was it recent. Iirc Toriyama commented on it on the release of one of the DVD box sets, long time ago. Wasn't that the source of him detailing his involvement?

Top Bottom