• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Boruto does not have the byakugan. His taijutsu ain't up to par clearly.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess just part of the genetic code that Himawari inherited, she's clearly powerful with it since she one shotted her dad. Why does it seem like except for Sarada and I think Shikadai the kids are weaker than their parents during Part 1?
Not yet.

Im reading it due to wanting to see Ikemoto progress or whatever but we seem to have 2-3 more months of movie content.
Let me know when Hinata and Himawari stop looking like those creatures in Irithyll Dungeon from Dark Souls 3...
These things:
yKOCpCY.png

Thanks for the clarification. I guess just part of the genetic code that Himawari inherited, she's clearly powerful with it since she one shotted her dad. Why does it seem like except for Sarada and I think Shikadai the kids are weaker than their parents during Part 1?

Let me know when Hinata and Himawari stop looking like those creatures in Irithyll Dungeon from Dark Souls 3...
These things:

I think many forget how strong the top of the old gen were. Naruto already with a great summon and kurama, Sasuke with chidori, Lee speed and cursed seal, Neji was a Hyuuga prodigy, Gaara was a jinchuuriki and Lee with his gates.

Although the newer gen have gotten significantly less time to shine/plot points, mainly because Kishi made Boruto the movie the end rather than planning for a new project.

Also I think you are looking into a comedic scene too much.

I think many forget how strong the top of the old gen were. Naruto already with a great summon and kurama, Sasuke with chidori, Lee speed and cursed seal, Neji was a Hyuuga prodigy, Gaara was a jinchuuriki and Lee with his gates.

Although the newer gen have gotten significantly less time to shine/plot points, mainly because Kishi made Boruto the movie the end rather than planning for a new project.

Also I think you are looking into a comedic scene too much.
So in non filler Naruto jobs to his daughter like a One Punch Man villain and I'm not supposed to look closely at that? Mantis, it's what I do...well one of the things I do on this thread. I guess when Kishi set the bar that high in Part 1 it's no wonder why the absurdity of the power creep happened with this franchise.

rambis

Banned
Yeah I wouldnt be too worried about the new kids being underpowered. I already think the new team 7 shits on the old one even without the hax powers which Im sure are coming.

Sai

I agree. But then again, I also think Kishimoto made the term utterly meaningless altogether by overusing it like crazy.
Yeah, I think it was pretty played out by the Chūnin Exam; every other character was a prodigy in some way.

Granted, that generation was said from the offset to be pretty amazing... But still...

Yeah I wouldnt be too worried about the new kids being underpowered. I already think the new team 7 shits on the old one even without the hax powers which Im sure are coming.
I think Sarada and Mitsuki could beat most of gen 1 minus probably Sasuke and Naruto with the Kyuubi cloak. Though factoring in Sarada's Sakura strength is a bit of a game changer though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Boruto is a poor fighter and Sasuke notices this. He can't think for himself.

Uchiha were always GOAT.

What? Chunin exam Naruto would destroy Boruto. 1000 clones, kurama cloak, Gamabunta and unlike Boruto, Naruto has guts.
I was comparing him to his first arc self.

Boruto at first appearance >>> Naruto at first appearance

Yeah, I think it was pretty played out by the Chūnin Exam; every other character was a prodigy in some way.

Granted, that generation was said from the offset to be pretty amazing... But still...

They all deserved it iirc
Sasuke, Lee with his taijutsu, Neji....who else was called one?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Ray Down

Banned
dat dropoff

Its 100% the art and the fact that is a recap.

You are delusional (or anyone for that mater) if you ever thought this would have around the same numbers as the OG series, it's a spin-off not done by the creator, done after some time the series completed.

It outsold Gintama, Nisekoi and Toriko, these are great numbers. Real test is if it can keep up the sales, but we will have to wait and see.

Well apparently I missed this Boruto stuff completely. What an entrance that 1st chapter was. I'm kinda hooked 4 chapters in. Way better than that after thought side story. This Kawaki dude, this strange duo, Boruto wearing Sasuke's garb...so many interesting paths to take. And the world has grown so naturally. I like it.

I'm watching Hunter x Hunter and I can already see some parallels between it and Naruto. Kurapika seems to be Sasuke, Hunter Exam is pretty much the Chuunin exam.

Erigu

I'm watching Hunter x Hunter and I can already see some parallels between it and Naruto. Kurapika seems to be Sasuke, Hunter Exam is pretty much the Chuunin exam.
More like the other way around. And you'll find more instances of Naruto being... "inspired" by Hunter x Hunter.

Yado

You might be onto something. Sasuke and Kurapika are my faves.

Kurapika isn't nearly as stupid and illogical though.

You might be onto something. Sasuke and Kurapika are my faves.

Kurapika isn't nearly as stupid and illogical though.
They're like palette swaps only this time the blond has more common sense.I'm only 4 eps in and I know Kurapika wouldn't go all evil like Sasuke.

Ray Down

Banned
Didn't they run at roughly the same time and I'm sure both planned things like their rival character beforehand.

No, HXH pre dates it by over a year. Kishi outright says Togashi is one of his favorite mangaka and Sasuke was partly inspired by Hiei.

You just don't copy a muti part entrance exam (one that takes place or days trying to take something from your target), creepy adult figure that hunts the cast,
bullshit power red eyeballs, family murder story, Illumi is basically Itachi to some extent. Atasuki is Phantom Trope.

Multipart tournaments are common in Shounen as are creepy villains. Honestly, the comparisons seem very shallow and these things are planned well ahead so I really see any validity in the claims Kishi copied Togashi.

We're getting a 7 page interview between the two this month :)

No, HXH pre dates it by over a year. Kishi outright says Togashi is one of his favorite mangaka and Sasuke was partly inspired by Hiei.

You just don't copy a muti part entrance exam (one that takes place or days trying to take something from your target), creepy adult figure that hunts the cast,
bullshit power red eyeballs, family murder story, Illumi is basically Itachi to some extent. Atasuki is Phantom Trope.
Funny enough when I first started watching Naruto I called Sasuke a half ass Hiei.

Ray Down

Banned
Not so much related to Naruto, but Kishimoto is heavily working on his next series.

“I’m currently working on my next work. I want to focus on it entirely, so I’ve already started working on it. I’m currently out collecting material for it, among other things.”

There may be an announcement next year, most likely running in Ultra Jump. Seeing how that's Jump only major monthly manga magazine out now.

Not so much related to Naruto, but Kishimoto is heavily working on his next series.

“I’m currently working on my next work. I want to focus on it entirely, so I’ve already started working on it. I’m currently out collecting material for it, among other things.”

There may be an announcement next year, most likely running in Ultra Jump. Seeing how that's Jump only major monthly manga magazine out now.
I am so hyped for his next series that I might watch it 15 years from now.

Arabesque

Jump SQ staff be like "..."

I think it's early to say where it will be. He did mention he doesn't want to go back to a week schedule, and that he was looking into digital publishing, so who knows.

rambis

Banned
Good lord. What a joke.
I love it. I thought that was real well done in the manga. Anime can definitley take it up a notch if they put in the work.

I think it's early to say where it will be. He did mention he doesn't want to go back to a week schedule, and that he was looking into digital publishing, so who knows.
Yeah he gets a lot of sorta deserved critique but that is a brutal schedule to have to constantly draw and write every week.

Sai

Psycho_Mantis, you really should check out Yu Yu Hakusho if you enjoyed Naruto. Catch up on Togashi's Hunter X Hunter when you're done with that.

You'll notice a number of things Kishimoto was inspired by.

Psycho_Mantis, you really should check out Yu Yu Hakusho if you enjoyed Naruto. Catch up on Togashi's Hunter X Hunter when you're done with that.

Yeah he should. The YYH cast is on point. If he doesn't like either Yusuke, Hiei or Kurama then I don't know how to help Mantis. Besides the Dark Tournament is one of the best tournament arcs in shounen.

My days of watching anime are nearing to an end. Just don't have the time to invest into long running series. I'll look into it for the future.
Have you seen the Togashi x Kishi interview?

It's only got 112 eps and it's been over since the 90's. You could start it now and probably finish it before Naruto is over. Fuck. I finished Naruto before Naruto was over.

You marathoning Naruto genuinely frightened me. There were 400 episodes and you caught up with us in a month was it?

You marathoning Naruto genuinely frightened me. There were 400 episodes and you caught up with us in a month was it?
I'd like to think it took 4 months. I'd have to check my posts on that one. And if you're going to close out your anime viewing then finish on a high note and not the brown note that is Shitpooden. Oh god I just realized you were referring to part 1. Yeah I probably did finish that in a month.

Ray Down

Banned

Jump SQ doesn't exist in a monthly format anymore does it? Thought it went quarterly, he could just go to Ultra Jump or do what Boruto is doing in weekly.

Top Bottom