• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

What if the Finals is a mistake filled with nothing but blowouts, do we cancel the next season?
I'm legitimately curious to see the outrage if the Warriors blow out the Cavs. I'll be mad as hell, but I wonder if Silver gets worried.
zPUGU8b.gif
I feel like we've been robbed of gold.

Kusagari

The funniest thing in these playoffs so far is 538's NBA model slightly favoring the Celtics in this series before game 1.

Nate Silver should just stick to baseball and politics.

I've heard Nate on podcasts discussing it and he flat out admitted he would pick the Cavs to win.

Models can have flaws that even their creators are aware of.

Sanjuro

couldn't watch the game yesterday night

but from what i'm reading this sums it up

tumblr_ne3iaxc3a91rgqhzqo1_500.gif

Yes/No. They got clowned, but they also had plenty of great opportunities and just missed their looks. Looked like they were still shadowboxing the Bullets from a couple nights before at times.

Marz

Al horford is such a cream puff on the inside. You could tell Lebron and the boys were licking their chops and the Cavs front line just bullied the Celtics front court and did whatever they wanted.

Al horford is such a cream puff on the inside. You could tell Lebron and the boys were licking their chops and the Cavs front line just bullied the Celtics front court and did whatever they wanted.

Horford still shook from getting swept by LeBron numerous times.
Celtics should have signed Biyombo the god to make LeBron shook

Celtics missed so much wide open 3's, my god if the Warriors got those looks, welp

Mrbob

Go get that sweep Cleveland because the bigger the blowout the more pressure there will be in the Celtics to trade that number one pick. Fultz not a game changer.

Ripenen

Kind of blows my mind that LeBron hasn't lost an Eastern Conference series since 2010

I wasn't paying real close attention but from what I saw it looked like Love had a good game and aside from that it was LeBron just smashing the Celtics by himself. He looked annoyed that the Celtics were even trying to stop him.

Umbooki

LeBron Wade Bosh
LeBron Love Kyrie

Tell me the closest teams to their talent levels he's faced. Geriatric Celtics that made him super friend it?
The Pacers in 2013 and 2014 felt like a legitimate threat. The talent between the two teams didn't match up 1-1, but Roy Hibbert's verticality and PG's uncanny ability to score off broken plays were scary as hell.

LeBron Wade Bosh
LeBron Love Kyrie

Tell me the closest teams to their talent levels he's faced. Geriatric Celtics that made him super friend it?

Agreed. Not to take anything away from Lebron, but the best team he faced in the East during this run was probably the Rose-led Bulls which were always worn down by the time the playoffs came around.

When you combine that with him being the best player in the world playing in teams filled with high end talent, it's hard to imagine any other scenario.

I said this exact same thing last season, but don't let Lebron beat this Warriors squad for a chip. Boy. I will completely ignore MJ in the GOAT discussion from there on out.

There will only be one king.

Just going to keep this running:

LeBron James last 12 playoff games:
41-16-7
41-8-11
27-11-11
31-6-13
25-10-7
41-13-12
33-10-4
35-10-4
39-6-4
35-8-7
35-9-6
38-9-7

Don't even get why that's impressive. He's shy of a triple double in most of these, and everyone knows the triple double is an arbitrary stat that doesn't actually mean anything.

Gigglepoo

I'm kind of stunned by how adamant Celtics fans are about keeping IT. Is it a loyalty thing? Boston's ceiling is only so high with his as their best player and they can only have so many max contacts. Why not sell high? As a Pacers fan, I hope they max with out. Seems like something Dolan would do.

Anth0ny

I said this exact same thing last season, but don't let Lebron beat this Warriors squad for a chip. Boy. I will completely ignore MJ in the GOAT discussion from there on out.

There will only be one king.

I think he definitely cracks top 5 if he takes down this Warriors team in the finals.

I'd have him jumping Larry and Shaq, but Jordan, Wilt, Magic, Kareem... I'd still have to think about it.

To be in that company is obviously amazing, though. There's not much separating each of them.

I think he definitely cracks top 5 if he takes down this Warriors team in the finals.

I'd have him jumping Larry and Shaq, but Jordan, Wilt, Magic, Kareem... I'd still have to think about it.

To be in that company is obviously amazing, though. There's not much separating each of them.

Cracks top 5 what? Lebron's already top 3, and he's not 3.

naww

needs more rings. and I don't doubt he'll get them. but right now he's not there yet.

I couldn't have rolled my eyes any harder.

I'm kind of stunned by how adamant Celtics fans are about keeping IT. Is it a loyalty thing? Boston's ceiling is only so high with his as their best player and they can only have so many max contacts. Why not sell high? As a Pacers fan, I hope they max with out. Seems like something Dolan would do.

I…what?

Duxxy3

Maybe I'm just a mean person, but I'm not remotely loyal to IT. I don't know what his value on the market would be. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him. They're loaded at guard and IT will probably get in the way of Fultz' progress.

Jaylen Brown has shown a lot of promise. He looked very good last night. I think he's the real deal.

It would be a soft reset. The Celtics likely wouldn't compete next year. But they would compete every year after that as Brown and Fultz get better.

Anth0ny

LeBron is far and away better than Kobe. Unless all you care about is rings. In which case, where the fuck is Russell on your list?

to me it's all about balance. wilt makes it on, despite his lack of rings, because of how insane his individual stats are. russell is a bit lower because, despite his # of rings, his team was OP for the time and his individual stats just aren't there compared to the rest of the players in my top 10 (russell is top 10 for sure). not about to put robert horry in the top 50 just because he has 7 rings.

it's all totally subjective anyways, especially when you start comparing eras. i know people already saying lebron is goat and jordan wouldn't survive in today's game, and that wilt would get dominated (which is horse shit). I think I lean more towards giving respect to the older generation of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom