• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for KD
Get that ring man
You were let down by your team last finals
Harden went ghost
Ibaka x everyone left Battier alone
Brooks left both KD and Westbrook on the bench for a long time in game 4

Don't go Manu :(

Please just

Can we actually have some valid NBA discussion and not just shitposting? This place gets worse than r/NBA sometimes.

Anyway, interesting Coach Brown started without a centre tonight, the front office really must have confidence in McCaw for the forthcoming few years.
Zaza was series MVP whether he wanted it or not.

Spurs without there 2 way superstar was a cakewalk. They pretty much disintegrated.

Moving stuff with the Spurs fans chanting Manu's name, it was absolutely beautiful. Fantastic organization, they die standing up like the true bosses they are.

Golden State now has 10 days to be scouting the Swedish Larry Bird. Good luck.

Zaza was series MVP whether he wanted it or not.

Spurs without there 2 way superstar was a cakewalk. They pretty much disintegrated.

Cool, I get that. But posters have been doing drive-by's for the past week and a half derailing any actual basketball discussion even though there's been 100's of posts about the incident in this thread and the thread with 100's of posts in OT specifically dealing with the incident. We get it, you're upset with Zaza, you think the Spurs would have won the series with Kawhi. It's been discussed at length. It puts me off coming into this thread anyway.

Anyway back to basketball discussion, hope Coach Kerr is back for the finals, at least he'll be in the locker room for home games.

Good season. Thought we were a second round exit at best. Never will know what could've been after Leonard was injured. Don't think the play was dirty just unfortunate. Shame. Overall I'm happy with the year we had just sucks with the injuries. Time to regroup and retool a bit. And I hope I never see lamarcus Aldridge on this team again.

cHaotix8

I feel like the Kawhi injury was bound to happen regardless of the Zaza play. Maybe Pop should have played him game 2 instead of 1 to give him a little more time to recover. But playing injured in a Conference Finals playoff series as the lead scorer? The injury was inevitable.

Good on the dubs for closing it out strong. Gonna miss Manu, hopefully he sticks around for one more year. Spurs had a great season, nothing to be ashamed of (except LMA).

Please just

Can we actually have some valid NBA discussion and not just shitposting? This place gets worse than r/NBA sometimes.

Anyway, interesting Coach Brown started without a centre tonight, the front office really must have confidence in McCaw for the forthcoming few years.

Fact is the Zaza play is the biggest story from this series. If you want, stop replying to the "shitposting" and come up with some interesting discussion that will take away replies from that, or are we supposed to have some amazing NBA discussion from "hope Kerr is back on the sidelines!"?

Fact is the Zaza play is the biggest story from this series. If you want, stop replying to the "shitposting" and come up with some interesting discussion that will take away replies from that, or are we supposed to have some amazing NBA discussion from "hope Kerr is back on the sidelines!"?

Can't miss it when the thread gets derailed every time. Anyway I'm done, see y'all in 9 days.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Can't miss it when the thread gets derailed every time. Anyway I'm done, see y'all in 9 days.
It's played out. If playing the "what if" game helps some people deal with the outcome that's fine. I'm just glad this series is over and we don't have to hear about it anymore.

With the Spurs Big 3 possibly finally gone, where will the mental toughness come from with the Spurs team. Kawaii is obviously great, but he needs more help.

You do know that Leonard was hurt falling on David Lee? And that his coach kept him in the game after getting hurt while up 20?

Dragun619

A sour ending for what was really fun run up to this point and I can only hope Kawhi returns healthy and brings us back here again with Manu returning for one more run.

You do know that Leonard was hurt falling on David Lee? And that his coach kept him in the game after getting hurt while up 20?

uh yea? What does that have to do with what I was replying to? lol

I'll miss the NBA without Manu. One of my favorite players to watch. But yeah, it's almost time to hang up and call it quits.

His true sendoff for me will always be that 2014 finals dunk in game 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHsowOBYDs

I hope he does too. But I don't want to see him go down like Parker. The Spurs will be ok in the future. I really like Simmons and Murray.

if they can keep simmons, he's a free agent. hopefully he feels comfortable and appreciative of the team and stays.

i don't know what happened to Patty during this series, he was playing so bad.

and LA... damn

Surfinn

Manu is one of the best players I've had the pleasure of watching. Truly one of the greats. The shit he did as a 39 year old in the playoffs is nothing short of miraculous.

Good on Curry for recognizing the moment and paying respect where it's due.

Parker is on the same level.

Calling it now, Your 2017-18 MVP

Dude looks like he is already plotting his revenge tour

dWZ06B3.jpg

Manu is one of the best players I've had the pleasure of watching. Truly one of the greats. The shit he did as a 39 year old in the playoffs is nothing short of miraculous.

Good on Curry for recognizing the moment and paying respect where it's due.

Parker is on the same level.

even though we don't know if Manu's leaving yet, it's good to see so many people praising him

Calling it now, Your 2017-18 MVP

Dude looks like he is already plotting his revenge tour

i feel so bad for Kawaii, he worked his ass off to get to such a high level only to get injured and have to watch on the sidelines. because of Kawaii, they can run a lot more one on one and iso plays while still scoring a lot, but i wonder if they should go back to more of the constant passing and moving they used to do, like with what the Warriors started doing after Spurs did it so perfectly in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom