• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Y'all fools need to stop giving Lavar and Lonzo any more attention. This is getting real tiring, like fucking holy shit...

I think everyone else is joking or finds it funny but I SERIOUSLY find it annoying. Like... Jesus fucking Christ how is that fuckery considered entertaining?

Servbot24

Banned
I think everyone else is joking or finds it funny but I SERIOUSLY find it annoying. Like... Jesus fucking Christ how is that fuckery considered entertaining?

The worst is media guys acting like "wow he his actually kinda profound if you really think about it!"

DAkQUvdXgAA3kM7.jpg

random25

A bunch of turnovers, 4 fouls meant he really couldn't be a factor on defense for most of the game, didn't get the role players involved with his passing, and one really bad blown dunk. The stat line looks good, but he didn't have a great game.

He had a bad 1st half, but totally redeemed himself in the 2nd half. Scoring like 15pts in the final quarter while the game was still close is pretty huge.

Is brad stevens a fraud

I hope the Celtics fire him. Pacers need a fraud coach like Stevens.

Marz

People really over exaggerate when somebody misses a dunk. Bron just tried to throw it down too hard and missed ...still counts as one missed field goal.

phanphare

Banned
fuck yes it's official!! the 2019 All Star game will be in Charlotte! fuck you McCrory and the rest of the NC GOP you pieces of literal shit!!!

People really over exaggerate when somebody misses a dunk. Bron just tried to throw it down too hard and missed ...still counts as one missed field goal.

the best player in the NBA missed a dunk and it looked funny

that's pretty much it

Might as well rest Love x Kyrie tomorrow night

LeBron gonna go game 6 in Boston ����

That would be cool. People out there dragging his name because of 1.5 off games where he supposedly wasn't even 100% (if Richard Jefferson's account of a bug going around is to be believed). The less time Kyrie has to play on that tweaked ankle, the better. Ask Kawhi.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In offseason news:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketbal...ecutive-with-uga-ties/wY0ltKVnKkNeXL2o1w6zTJ/

The Atlanta Hawks are on the verge of hiring Travis Schlenk for its vacant general manager position, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution confirmed.

Schlenk currently is the assistant general manager of the Golden State Warriors. The 41-year-old Schlenk has spent the past 12 seasons with the Warriors, including the past five as the assistant to general manager Bob Myers. Details of a contract are being finalized.

The Hawks did not confirm the imminent hiring but an announcement could come as soon as Thursday. News of Schlenk hiring was first reported by The Vertical.

Schlenk also spent two seasons as the Warriors' director of player personnel. Prior to joining the front office he was a video coordinator with the Warriors and Heat and also worked for the Magic. Schlenk also served as director of basketball operations at UGA during the 1998-99 season under Ron Jirsa.

Schlenk was part of the Warriors' front office that signed current Hawks guard Kent Bazemore as an undrafted free agent in 2012. Bazemore said it was Schlenk who told him his contract had been guaranteed in his first season with the Warriors.

”He said ‘Don't stop working' and just walked off," Bazemore said.

Bazemore said Schlenk is known for his scouting ability.

”He is a great guy," Bazemore said. ”You've seen the success they've had at Golden State and he's a huge part of it. I'm excited that he is on board now. You can tell he is always focused on something. He is about his business. Every time you see him he is speed-walking somewhere to get something done."

The Hawks got permission to speak to Schlenk last week. The Warriors completed their sweep of the Spurs in the Western Conference finals Monday and await the winner of the Eastern Conference finals between the Cavaliers and the Celtics. The Warriors, in the NBA Finals for the third straight year, are scheduled to host Game 1 of the NBA Finals on June 1.

Schlenk was a candidate for a front office position with the Magic.

Hawks principal owner Tony Ressler announced a restructuring of the team's front office earlier this month. Mike Budenholzer lost his title of president of basketball operations and remained head coach. Wes Wilcox moved from general manager to special assistant to ownership.

Tom Penny

That would be cool. People out there dragging his name because of 1.5 off games where he supposedly wasn't even 100% (if Richard Jefferson's account of a bug going around is to be believed). The less time Kyrie has to play on that tweaked ankle, the better. Ask Kawhi.

It's pretty amazing he was still able to put up 11 points and 6 turnovers while sick.

Lebron seems like the kind of guy who would send out a teammate with an excuse about his poor play.

Not saying it happened, but would it surprise anyone if it did?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-harder-than-warriors-to-defend-for-cavaliers

Per Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, Lue said he believes the Boston Celtics offense is more difficult for the Cavs to defend than Golden State's:

"The stuff they're running, it's harder to defend than Golden State's (offense) for me, as far as the actions and all the running around and all the guys who are making all the plays, so it's a totally different thing. Like, they hit the post, Golden State runs splits and all that stuff but these guys are running all kinds of (stuff). And Brad's (Stevens) got them moving and cutting and playing with pace and everybody is a threat."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-harder-than-warriors-to-defend-for-cavaliers

Per Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, Lue said he believes the Boston Celtics offense is more difficult for the Cavs to defend than Golden State's:

"The stuff they're running, it's harder to defend than Golden State's (offense) for me, as far as the actions and all the running around and all the guys who are making all the plays, so it's a totally different thing. Like, they hit the post, Golden State runs splits and all that stuff but these guys are running all kinds of (stuff). And Brad's (Stevens) got them moving and cutting and playing with pace and everybody is a threat."

Celtics over Warriors in 7 quarters.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Keep talking Lue.

beat

I hope he's sincere and not just trying to lull the Warriors into complacency..

I've tried watching undisputed but my god I didn't think bayless could go any further into the deep end. Before I could at least be like "I don't agree but I can see where he's coming from" but now he's basically "cowboys cowboys cowboys lebron is terrible lebron sucks lebron is the second best player on his team".

Tom Penny

It's true. Celtics have more scoring threats and talent than GS.

RootCause

It always amazes me how people take it so personal when a player/coach says something about the teams they root for. So damn odd.

Anyway, do you guys think Bosh will find a team next season? Love the guy, but I'm hoping he reconsiders playing again. I'd love to for him to try broadcasting.

Yes Tyrone, please keep playing and acting like this is your finals. Please keep playing just like this for the first 4 games of the finals.... Obviously the Celtics Offense has prepared you to shut down the Dubs in 4...

I'm now a BeClever

I don't think Lue is all that far off the mark, Stevens runs a lot of good stuff and they have guys who execute. But yea lol, so do the Warriors and they do it with much bigger weapons.

Tom Penny

I don't think Lue is all that far off the mark, Stevens runs a lot of good stuff and they have guys who execute. But yea lol, so do the Warriors and they do it with much bigger weapons.

He's been breaking down the film

Lue said of Boston coach Brad Stevens' schemes. "I'll be like, 'F---.' They're running all kinds of s---, man. "

Dynomutt

Lebron seems like the kind of guy who would send out a teammate with an excuse about his poor play.

Steph seems like the kind of guy who would send out a spouse with an excuse about the game being rigged.

Oh wait...

Lets just stop it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It's ridiculous.

This last part takes the cake. GS moves, cuts, and plays with pace better than anyone in the league and the threat level is exponentially greater than Boston.

Marz

Who cares? These Eastern Conference Finals games don't even matter. Lebron could score 0 next game and I could care less. Let's see what happens in the finals.

Mortemis

Banned

Isn't this obvious? I mean, C comes way before W, so C>W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom