• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

C's have a decent offensive set actually but Cavs figured it out rather quickly. Brad Stevens is a good coach, I'd love to see what he does with more talent.

Chris Walder @WalderSports

Russell Westbrook took 152 shots from the field in the first round.

Kevin Durant has taken 160 shots over 12 playoff games.

H/T NBA Reddit

Undefined

could actually argue that offensively you gotta worry about more Celtics guys.
You got Bradley, Olynyk, Smart, Horford, Crowder (not including IT)... that can get you 15-20+ points.

For warriors, there main offensive weapons are KD and Curry maybe Klay. They can get you 30-40 points. Other than that is there anyone else that can get you much more than 10+ points. Draymond?

VeeP

You got Bradley, Olynyk, Smart, Horford, Crowder (not including IT)... that can get you 15-20+ points.

For warriors, there main offensive weapons are KD and Curry maybe Klay. They can get you 30-40 points. Other than that is there anyone else that can get you much more than 10+ points. Draymond?

Draymond's been making a good amount of 3s in these playoff's and shooting well. And it's not "maybe Klay". It is Klay. You give him an open look and he gets hot, it's gonna be difficult to stop him. PPG his average is 26 in the regular season. Post season he's been in a slump but I think he still averages 16 or so.

Then you have Iguadala, Ian Clark, and McCaw coming off the bench, and all 3 can shoot threes, the last two have shot well this post season.

You also have Livingston who if he's open will nail that 2 pointer 90% of the time. And Javale McGee, who's become a huge part of the Warriors offense.

Boogs31

No. You can't make that argument for multiple reasons.

First off, your claim that no other Warriors are a threat is false. Shaun Livingston scored 20+ in a finals game last year. Iguadala can easily score 10, and their trio of centers are easily capable of putting up 20+ combined based on how much attention you generally have to pay to the other 4 Warriors on the floor.

And most importantly, having to defend 3 guys that are capable of scoring 50 with 3 other players that can score 15 is more difficult to defend than 6 guys that are capable of scoring 25.

And putting Green in a category below Crowder, Olynyk, and Smart offensively is over valuing Boston's players and under valuing Green.

Nafai1123

Banned
Just for fun looked up some stats

In the playoffs this year:

Draymond avg 13.9pts shooting 50%
Clark avg 7.5pts shooting 52%
McGee avg 7pts shooting 70%

vs.

Crowder avg 13.8pts shooting 43%
Olynyk avg 9.3pts shooting 53%
Smart avg 8.8pts shooting 35%

Then you have guys like West and Livingston shooting 57% and 61% respectively scoring about 4.5pts/game. Hell even Zaza's averaging 6pts on 53% shooting. C's are spreading the points around more, but almost everyone on the Warriors can score efficiently.

Cracklox

Is Ty Lue a fraud

AI says yes

iverson3.gif

Cracklox

This gif is so stupid

Lue fucking locked him down that game and that entire series

one of the few human beings that could keep up with AI

Outside of most of game 1 yeah, I know :( I was all over that series back in the day. Series was a pretty big mismatch to begin with though, and the Lakers finding a dude deep on the bench that they could rely to guard the only guy who could score on the other team, didn't make it much fairer

Its still pretty fucking vicious though. I love how he turns and gives Horace a look, who was in his ear, after the splash

If you remove Lebron and Kyrie from the Cavs then the Celtics offense is also much more worrisome. This makes no sense my man.

Tall4Life

Jaylen Brown has a hurt hip, status for tomorrow is questionable

thanks cleveland THUGaliers, you guys already took away Amir and IT :(((

Who cares? These Eastern Conference Finals games don't even matter. Lebron could score 0 next game and I could care less. Let's see what happens in the finals.

You are right. Even if he did that Cavs have a good chance of winning.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is something wrong with your product, when the conference finals don't matter. The difference between these playoffs and the NHL playoffs in terms of excitement is like night and day.

LionPride

Banned
You are right. Even if he did that Cavs have a good chance of winning.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is something wrong with your product, when the conference finals don't matter. The difference between these playoffs and the NHL playoffs in terms of excitement is like night and day.
Hockey also tends to have better playoffs period

Hockey also tends to have better playoffs period

Yeah they play much closer games, because the goalies are so good these days. But NBA playoffs has had a million meaningful and great series before the Finals. Not gonna happen right now when the competitive balance is zero.

Cracklox

Man who went broke and basically needs to have people babysit his finances

Or man who after retirement became an assistant and has risen to become a coach of a team that has won a ring along with having one himself

🤔🤔🤔

Have you maybe considered that the amount of money one makes could be directly proportionate to how many people you need to manage your finances.

Have you maybe considered the amount of hella crazy parties AI has both thrown and attended. Ty don't even look like a party type

Have you maybe considered the amount of time time, effort and practice Ty had to put in to out what he did. AI just had to put in time and effort to get far more out.

Annnnd have you maybe considered I have no idea what I'm fucking talking about

I'm pretty shit with money too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom