• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the Celtics drafting Lonzo would be hilarious, there zero chance it happens.

They are not drafting a player that clearly doesn't want to be there and will likely try to jump ship to go to the Lakers the first chance he gets no matter how good he is.

beat

As much as the Celtics drafting Lonzo would be hilarious, there zero chance it happens.

They are not drafting a player that clearly doesn't want to be there and will likely try to jump ship to go to the Lakers the first chance he gets no matter how good he is.

Steph and the Curry family tried to discourage the Warriors from taking him in the draft. Which honest was reasonable considering what a mess the team was from the outside at the time.

Steph and the Curry family tried to discourage the Warriors from taking him in the draft. Which honest was reasonable considering what a mess the team was from the outside at the time.

There is your keyword there.

The Celtics are doing well as an organisation. The Lakers on the other hand.....

Y'all when I say Lonzo will be the face of the league

I mean it

I still think there's a chance he gets a slow start like Ingram but his IQ is too off the charts for him to be a bust

I get déjà vu every time I click on this thread and see one of your posts. I think we all understand that you're big on Lonzo, my man.

beat

There is your keyword there.

The Celtics are doing well as an organisation. The Lakers on the other hand.....

Well, getting Jimmy Buss outta there might be the first step towards respectability. Just gotta see if Magic is going to run the basketball ops with the mindset he tweets with.

Ehh, not really. Were still relatively early in the draft process. All indications are that the Celtics are pretty set on Fultz, assuming they keep the pick, but things can change. Both teams could trade the pick.

Honestly, I'm expecting him to take very limited workouts and to not work out with anyone else.

It would take some legendary workouts from Lonzo (which won't happen) or something truly awful with Fultz like a gruesome injury or law trouble or some shit like that. I think they are clearly on different levels as prospects and Fultz doesn't have any big question about his game unlike Lonzo who can't run the PnR offense to save his life and has just the right tools defensively to be exploited like crazy in the NBA.

Duxxy3

It would take some legendary workouts from Lonzo (which won't happen) or something truly awful with Fultz like a gruesome injury or law trouble or some shit like that. I think they are clearly on different levels as prospects and Fultz doesn't have any big question about his game unlike Lonzo who can't run the PnR offense to save his life and has just the right tools defensively to be exploited like crazy in the NBA.

If It's not Fultz, then it's Josh Jackson.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

yes he does. He has questions about his focus level and his defense in general. There are also questions if he can impact the game when it matters.

yes he does. He has questions about his focus level and his defense in general. There are also questions if he can impact the game when it matters.

The questions about his defense are not because of the lack of physical tools. Fultz needs to be refined, but you can see he has what it takes to be great out there. That isn't so much the case with Lonzo. And the rest of the criticism about his game is mostly on the intangibles level, like focus and ability to impact the game, which is hardly anything worth noting considering he's very young and his team really sucked ass.

The biggest criticism you can have with Fultz involves building a narrative that he just doesn't give a fuck, while with Lonzo you have legit questions about his game and how it will translate to the NBA. They're just on different levels.

Well, getting Jimmy Buss outta there might be the first step towards respectability. Just gotta see if Magic is going to run the basketball ops with the mindset he tweets with.

Magic is currently cleaning house, firing and pushing out a ton of key staff. I sincerely hope he knows what is he doing.

Fultz/Lonzo will be the Bird/Magic of the next decade

No matter how good they will be they will never replicate the Bird and Magic rivarly.

The biggest criticism you can have with Fultz involves building a narrative that he just doesn't give a fuck, while with Lonzo you have legit questions about his game and how it will translate to the NBA. They're just on different levels.

I don't think either of them gave a fuck. Why would you give a fuck if you knew that you wouldn't be there next year?

I don't think either of them gave a fuck. Why would you give a fuck if you knew that you wouldn't be there next year?

Yeah and also they're really young, I was a massive shithead when I was 19. Both Lonzo and Fultz don't have major red flags about their characters, which is what you want. Anything else is either narrative or something they can get better with age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom