• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone getting on the Giannis train but I still think KAT will probably be the face of the league and end up being the best player in the world

KAT > Giannis

fear the face of the league in a few years brehs

Even if you assume they are the same on offense, Giannis is already, imo, arguably the 3rd pick for DPOY this year, and definitely 1st team all defense.

Giannis is already an all-star starter, and KAT wasn't, and you can't tell me the Bucks somehow had the fandom to propel him there. He's also only a year older (he came into the league at a very young age)

Giannis legit has some of the craziest versatility I've ever seen

ViciousDS

Banned
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/4/21/15378112/russell-westbrook-nba-mvp-james-harden-vote-tracking

Westbrook confirmed to win MVP

Oh well, its gonna make the rockets sweeping OKC all the more sweeter. Real MVP in my heart is Harden.

why stop there........Harden

win-the-whole-fucking-thing-well-then-i-guess-theres-only-one-thing-left-to-do-win-the-whole-fucking.jpg

FZZ

Banned
Giannis has leapfrogged him this year and until he stops being a mediocre defender for a C, he won't be able to make the necessary jump. A similar issue with Jokic.

Even if you assume they are the same on offense, Giannis is already, imo, arguably the 3rd pick for DPOY this year, and definitely 1st team all defense.

Giannis is already an all-star starter, and KAT wasn't, and you can't tell me the Bucks somehow had the fandom to propel him there. He's also only a year older (he came into the league at a very young age)

Giannis legit has some of the craziest versatility I've ever seen

Pretty sure KAT is superior to Giannis offensively in every facet

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/townska01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetgi01.html

on more attempts as well

oh and he's a sophomore in the league

and tbh his defense isn't even that bad, it gets blown out of proportion because well Wiggins and the rest of the Twolves are so bad, he'll develop defensively

I'm not worried about KAT > Giannis

it's more about when he's going to take over the league not if

Pretty sure KAT is superior to Giannis offensively in every facet

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/townska01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetgi01.html

on more attempts as well

oh and he's a sophomore in the league

and tbh his defense isn't even that bad, it gets blown out of proportion because well Wiggins and the rest of the Twolves are so bad, he'll develop defensively

I'm not worried about KAT > Giannis

it's more about when he's going to take over the league not if
KAT is a straight up bad defender at times. He just doesn`t read the game that well his positioning is suspect. Doesn`t matter if you`re worried about KAT or not, you`re wrong. He'll never rule the league unless he changes and heavily improves that aspect of his game. It's the one thing holding someone like Jokic and KAT who has a lot more potential.

Giannis is an all star starter and led his team to playoffs. Well on his way to reach the next round as well. But enjoy KAT's empty stats, you and the Wolves fan can pretend he's better while the rest of us live in the real world.

They are both amazing. KAT is as skilled as it gets. Giannis is a freak of nature. Right now Giannis is more impactful. Look at the game last night and how the whole raptors collapsed their defense to hold him down. It's the sort of thing you only see against the top-top players of the league. He's 22. If he learns to shoot the three, he'll become Lebron-esque.

KAT is a straight up bad defender at times. He just doesn`t read the game that well his positioning is suspect. Doesn`t matter if you`re worried about KAT or not, you`re wrong. He'll never rule the league unless he changes and heavily improves that aspect of his game. It's the one thing holding someone like Jokic and KAT who has a lot more potential.

He's 21. Thibs will teach him to defend.

They are both amazing. KAT is as skilled as it gets. Giannis is a freak of nature. Right now Giannis is more impactful. Look at the game last night and how the whole raptors collapsed their defense to hold him down. It's the sort of thing you only see against the top-top players of the league. He's 22. If he learns to shoot the three, he'll become Lebron-esque.

He's 21. Thibs will teach him to defend.
Dude I know. I expect him to dominate in the league, I'm just explaining that he definitely is not as good as Giannis atm and what his biggest hurdle is. His off game for a big is already off the charts, he should just focus on the defensive end while adding minor refinements on the offensive side of things.

I think the other thing about Giannis is that he's so utterly unique in what he is, and unlike many other unicorns, doesn't seem to have that much of a glaring weakness to any part of his game. He bulked up, is pretty damn strong these days. His jumper might be the biggest issue, but that's already getting better, he's already hitting different sorts of jumpers, etc.

The Bucks oftentimes run these double pick n' rolls of a sort, where Giannis plays both roles in the play. Ever since I started noticing them, I've found them so damn fun to look at.

Also, flat out, Giannis may be the greatest player at scoring in the transition.

Also, KAT being a sophomore is useless for this conversation, because Giannis came into this league younger and rawer than most, and is now only a year older than KAT. He might be in year 4, but saying he's in year 3 compared to KAT, hell, possibly even from the same draft, would be relatively fair.

Dude I know. I expect him to dominate in the league, I'm just explaining that he definitely is not as good as Giannis atm and what his biggest hurdle is. His off game for a big is already off the charts, he should just focus on the defensive end while adding minor refinements on the offensive side of things.

I'll give this to KAT's defense - the Wolves often look like they're trying to execute a defensive scheme that's more complicated than what they understand, but when they do figure it out in flashes it looks great. Right after the all-star break, they had an amazing stretch, where their defense was great. Then, iirc, Dieng went down to injury, or some injury happened, and they struggled again.

FZZ

Banned

Huh nah I didn't mean KAT > Giannis rn

I meant in the future he's gonna be the face of the league, I really do think he'll live up to expectations

J2 Cool

This Rondo thing's really unfortunate. I'm trying to figure out a potential timeline he could return in. The best thing the Bulls could do would be to close this series out quickly, and rest up. But really that 3rd game becomes so pivotal in that.

I'd like to imagine Rondo can return maybe the 3rd game into the next series, if they made it, but it's so uncertain. Bulls planning to reevaluate the thumb in 7-10 days, but typically fractures take 6 weeks like that? So that would sound like best case scenario, Rondo rushing a return for the ECF. Which the Wizards were more than fucking formidable with a healthy Rondo, and puts serious doubt on the Bulls already long chances.

Basically sounds like the Bulls are shit out of luck, barring some Rondo saying "I'm good to go" at a pivotal juncture.

Tom Penny

Brad Stevens starting Gerald Green tonight. Hmmm.

That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This must be a Bradley can spark the bench while shooting bricks and not creating his own shots. I hope he plays Center for the hilarity of it..he'd be better than Amir's corpse.

Wait he actually is 0_o

TTG

Brad Stevens knows what to do:

ESPN said:
MIAMI -- A police report released Wednesday says Miami Heat guard Gerald Green punched a man, was combative with paramedics and eventually needed to be handcuffed just so rescue personnel could transport him to a trauma center last week.

Give him another round of bath salts, they flew them in from Miami special.

Why is Rondo out? WHY WHY WHY

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wait who is gerald green replacing? I wanted Jaylen in the starting lineup. he plays better with the starting unit, and diversifys the offense. He can shoot, slash, and play in the post, and hes a damn good rebounder. he also adds some much needed length to the celts. Bradley and crowder have earned their asses a spot on the bench anyways.

Wait who is gerald green replacing? I wanted Jaylen in the starting lineup. he plays better with the starting unit, and diversifys the offense. He can shoot, slash, and play in the post, and hes a damn good rebounder. he also adds some much needed length to the celts. Bradley and crowder have earned their asses a spot on the bench anyways.
He's starting over Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom