• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-H7snbXcAI2EkB.jpg:large

ouch, hopefully the cavs find their defensive footing soon

Line_HTX

ABC broadcast failed to mention the so-called "fan" is the son of the minority owner of the Thunder. Fucking media, call him out.

jdstorm

Banned
This brodcast is being insanely bias about the officiating in this game.

Kanter goes up and down, anderson bumps into him and its a fair foul

30s later. Westbrook's defender (lou or beverly couldnt tell) goes up and down, westbrook gets the call after initiating contact. The broadcast cuts to Steve Javie to explain why westbrook didnt deserve the call.

Come on guys at least try and appear impartial.

Slizeezyc

Our roster on paper should be better than it was this year, so maybe some personal changes are in order. But yeah it was a good series despite the sweep.

Nah, the roster this year played about where was expected if the allure of Bird signing PPG players didn't trick them. Ellis, Al Jefferson and just bad fits all around on this roster. It needs a serious amount of work.

Bread

Banned
This brodcast is being insanely bias about the officiating in this game.

Kanter goes up and down, anderson bumps into him and its a fair foul

30s later. Westbrook's defender (lou or beverly couldnt tell) goes up and down, westbrook gets the call after initiating contact. The broadcast cuts to Steve Javie to explain why westbrook didnt deserve the call.

Come on guys at least try and appear impartial.
They were right tho

Maybe you're the biased one

Chase17

Feels like everything has gone the Thunder's way and they are still only up 4.

In last 6 quarters only one 3 attempt from Westbrook.

jdstorm

Banned
They were right tho

Maybe you're the biased one

They were right that Westbrook initiated contact. Its annoying that the NBA lets this go. It should be an offensive foul.

However thats not what bothered me. What bothered me was the inconsistent reporting on 2 near identical plays. Either Both are offensive fouls or Neither are fouls.

OldMan

Banned
We said the same for the Pistons last year. XP don't mean shit. I didn't see any meaningful steps forward for their core group. I saw hired gun late season acquisition Lance carrying them as best he could.
To be fair I feel like that Pacers squad could have beat anyone in the east but facing the Cavs was inevitable

Beverley has just not been himself these last two games, really scares me. Maybe the crowd is getting to him, or bad play is breeding bad play.

Lou and Gordon on the other hand, have been revelations.

They were right that Westbrook initiated contact. Its annoying that the NBA lets this go. It should be an offensive foul.

However thats not what bothered me. What bothered me was the inconsistent reporting on 2 near identical plays. Either Both are offensive fouls or Neither are fouls.

There's enough of a small difference between the two plays that changes the proper call on that play.

jdstorm

Banned
Beverley has just not been himself these last two games, really scares me. Maybe the crowd is getting to him, or bad play is breeding bad play.

Lou and Gordon on the other hand, have been revelations.

There's enough of a small difference between the two plays that changes the proper call on that play.

Please enlighten me. What was the difference?

Edit:
I could see Westbrook gunnig for a 30/20/20 game. Which would be insane.

jdstorm

Banned
The Pacers haven't picked inside the top 10 in 28 years. They aren't about bottoming out.

This would probably be a bad time to point out that they drafted Kawhi at 15 right?

Edit: OKC is pretty desperate for a 2nd star. Indy could probably get Oladipo, Grant and a few young assets/picks for George and then draft OG Anunoby as their PG replacement. Its not perfect but its a viable path forward.

Man, fuck this shit. Just bench Capela and let Nene start the game. Jesus, the team plays much better with Nene on the floor.

We have to leave Nene to play the most important minutes, he's too old to play too many minutes. Let's not waste those minutes by playing him at the beginning.

jdstorm

Banned
Thats an unlucky foul on Capella, there was nothing really in it. However with the bump causing Abrines to Foul Lou Williams on a 3 you probably cant let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom