• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

NHale

Julia Marsh ‏@juliakmarsh 2h2 hours ago
Rose toxicologist
"There is no scientific or forensic evidence" - opinion based on witness statement, depos, texts

Toxicologist: he noted that Doe correctly typed her zip code to Rose around 1am, "There was total mental control, also physical control"

Julia Marsh @juliakmarsh
CROSS of toxicologist by Doe lawyer shows that Lykissa admits that he never practiced medicine and was never a board certified doc

Toxicologist did report w/o a timeline: "I didnt have evidence of when they were drinking sir"

Julia Marsh @juliakmarsh
Toxicologist was also confused on the stand, answered incorrectly that Doe was texting between 2am & 7:49am in the morning when she wasn't

Derrick Rose really need a better surrounding group than this. Allowing this to go to court and having stuff like this happen...

Jarate

Banned
Also, there was a big hit against the prosecutors who failed to show 3 text messages, so the defense has tried to get a mistrial, which would schedule a new trial for new menu

Jarate

Banned
Also working on the Regular Season OT right now unless someone who is way more competent at Photoshop then me wants to do it

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also working on the Regular Season OT right now unless someone who is way more competent at Photoshop then me wants to do it

Season starts in 2 weeks right? You can put it up in OT a day before the season opener. We'll move it back to Community after 3 weeks.

NHale

Derek Rose is a goddamn idiot, aside from possibly being a rapist.

This is what I don't get. It's a civil case, people settle just to avoid some stuff coming out that could void or cancel some endorsement deals, I believe most people don't assume guilt on the public figures that settle cases out of the courtroom. So why didn't Rose just give her what she wanted or at least a big part of what she wants?

Because right now with what is coming out of this trial, I'm having a tough time believing this wasn't rape. Maybe he's not that smart, because stuff he said on trial like "she consented 99% of the time, why would this time be any different?", is stuff that screams he's guilty.

Jarate

Banned
iZH91hp.png

Here's a sneak peak of what to expect for the OT

We still need a name for the thread btw

Jarate

Banned
So you're saying he might be a pretty good basketball player?

Joel Embiid Is really good. Were missing our starting PG, Okafor, Noel, and Ben Simmons

Our team is legit down 4 of our 5 best players and 3 of our 4 players who can actually be reliable holding the ball.

We're losing by 33 points

Pls kill me

scoobs

Joel Embiid Is really good. Were missing our starting PG, Okafor, Noel, and Ben Simmons

Our team is legit down 4 of our 5 best players and 3 of our 4 players who can actually be reliable holding the ball.

We're losing by 33 points

Pls kill me

Wasn't a legitimate question :) I'm happy for sixers fans, god knows you guys have taken a beating over the last decade or so. You deserve this. When Simmons comes back and you get another top 5 pick (hopefully a guard) you are going to be on your way to the playoffs again.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The hell is this:

NBA expansion to Seattle is on the table

The NBA is extremely close to finalizing their new Collective Bargaining Agreement, and the finalized details should be coming out in the next few weeks. During the announcement of the new television contract, we said that there are expansion escalators in the deal. In other words, if the NBA were to expand, they would get more money out of the deal.

The whole thing will come down to the Seattle City Council changing at least one vote and approving the street vacation of Occidental Avenue so that Chris Hansen can get a new arena built.

If there is no arena, there is no Sonics, and it is simple as that.

I’ve heard that once the CBA is finished, the expansion bidding could be announced as soon as December or as late as the All-Star Game in February. There are going to be numerous other cities competing with Seattle to get the expansion franchises as well. I do not know if there is just going to be one slot or two. Other cities I’ve heard that are going to be making a play for expansion are Louisville (they have all their affairs in order and ready to go), Pittsburgh, Omaha, Las Vegas, Vancouver, BC, and Mexico City. Kansas City and St. Louis have been brought up as well, but I can’t confirm the validity of their interest.

Seattle is definitely on the radar and the city needs to get the arena passed or it’ll be about 2050 before we can ever hope of getting a team back in Seattle.

D'angelo Jordan today. 31 pts and 11 assists with 2 steals on 71.4% FG. Disappointed in the lost today, but hey Tolliver was shooting insane 3's today on 7-7 shooting so what are ya gonna do.

Jarate

Banned
Joel Embiid is the process for a reason. I have never seen anyone physically dominate people like he does to his opponents.

I'm really interested in seeing him and Okafor together. Embiid should only play like 20-24 minutes a game for the first quarter of the season, but Okafor and Embiid have to be able to play together once Embiid is able to play a lot longer (hopefully)

I actually think they can be real good together as long as Okafor can develop his midrange jumper.

Okafor should be their 6th man though until Simmons comes back. He's the only player besides Embiid, he's the only other guy on the roster who can hold onto the ball and also score consistently.

PG: Simmons
SG: Henderson or Bayless
SF: Dario Saric
PF: Okafor
C: Embiid

That's a lineup that seems reasonable to run. The front court would be amazing here.

Jarate

Banned
A team running Okafor out there at the 4 would get abused so hard defensively. And I think he and Embiid would get in each other's way on offense.

Okafor at the 4 would be fine imo. On offense, Okafor needs some type of midrange too work with embiid since Embiid can also work outside and has a shot. And even then okafor could play the 5 if he cant guard 4's, as Embiid is good enough defensively to play the 4.

They'd only need to play together 5-10 minutes anyway.

The main issue we also have is that Noel can't play with either one.

Okafor at the 4 would be fine imo. On offense, Okafor needs some type of midrange too work with embiid since Embiid can also work outside and has a shot. And even then okafor could play the 5 if he cant guard 4's, as Embiid is good enough defensively to play the 4.

They'd only need to play together 5-10 minutes anyway.

The main issue we also have is that Noel can't play with either one.

In the modern NBA where so many teams can play small any lineup with either Okafor or Embiid at the 4 would get exploited with the quickness. I don't see it as a long term solution. If Embiid looks like a beast the Sixers should play he and Okafor separately, hope Jalil builds on his value and trade his ass.

Top Bottom