• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

Conversation
Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Spurs' LaMarcus Aldridge has reached agreement on a three-year, $72.3M contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.
1:26 PM · Oct 16, 2017

phanphare

Banned
Not sure which thread to post this in, but Coach Pop just went all in on Trump again

Dave Zirin‏Verified account @EdgeofSports 5m5 minutes ago
More
Just spoke to Gregg Popovich who called Trump a "soulless coward" for lying about Obama & Bush not calling families of fallen soldiers...

Coach Pop wanted to make sure it was "on the record." The full quotes are coming.

love coach pop

imagine if the NFL wasn't a total shithole of an organization. imagine

bionic77

Not sure which thread to post this in, but Coach Pop just went all in on Trump again

Dave Zirin‏Verified account @EdgeofSports 5m5 minutes ago
More
Just spoke to Gregg Popovich who called Trump a "soulless coward" for lying about Obama & Bush not calling families of fallen soldiers...

Coach Pop wanted to make sure it was "on the record." The full quotes are coming.
I love this stuff.

NBA continues to be the best league.

BasedRob

Neo Member
Lebron is going to get hurt game 1 of the finals, then Derrick Rose will carry Cleveland to a ring and win Finals MVP.

qcf x2

Where my Pacers fans at? ...

Well alright then. I'm actually looking forward to a group of players that tries hard every night and has each others back for the first time in like a decade. We might lose 60 but then again we MIGHT sneak into the 8th seed with those 22 wins.
jk but I'm still excited for this NBA season all around

mjp2417

Banned
I guess we'll have to do with 60+ wins again this season...so awful.

Well yeah, because Kawhi is a generational player and Pop is an elite coach. That has nothing to do with the decision to lock up 40 million annually in an aging, declining LMA and the corpse of Pau Gasol.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Conversation
Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Spurs' LaMarcus Aldridge has reached agreement on a three-year, $72.3M contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.
1:26 PM · Oct 16, 2017

Need that extension to trade LMA to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis.......

Cavs Nation
@CavsNationNet
Tyronn Lue still unsure if LeBron James will play tomorrow.

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Kyrie Irving to be honored by Cavs on opening night vs. Celtics, per @JoeVardon (link: http://ble.ac/2xM8DrA) ble.ac/2xM8DrA
Embedded

Servbot24

Banned

Well alright then. I'm actually looking forward to a group of players that tries hard every night and has each others back for the first time in like a decade. We might lose 60 but then again we MIGHT sneak into the 8th seed with those 22 wins.
jk but I'm still excited for this NBA season all around

Whatup

This season is up in the other to me, playoffs aren't out of the question but we're certainly not close to a good team.

Tbh I will probably end up watching more GSW and OKC games than Pacers games this year

JWiLL

Banned
Raptors got this!

We taking the East.

One bad shooting game and Raptors RealGM will turn on CJ Kilometers.

Then he'll start the next game hot and all will be forgotten, he'll be our saviour again.

mknpxbrfgprz.png

Then he'll have an off game and it'll be tank nation.

Rinse. Repeat.

(I love our bi-polar fanbase)

phanphare

Banned

I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this President had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families, is so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.

This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

nothing but the truth

Gigglepoo

I'm getting choked up reading Pop's comments. He's just the best.

We're going to be way better than people think. The Pacers haven't picked in the top 10 since 1989 because they refuse to be lousy. I'm stunned how many people think they're tanking candidates.

Dragun619

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Can only hope that LMA's long conversation with Pop over the summer fixed his confidence in playing within the system.

So far this preseason, LMA has definitely been passing more and looking to shoot the 3. Seems like the Spurs also adjusted their playbook to get him more comfortable. If nothing else, He does become a solid trade asset.

ViciousDS

Banned
Cavs Nation
@CavsNationNet
Tyronn Lue still unsure if LeBron James will play tomorrow.

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Kyrie Irving to be honored by Cavs on opening night vs. Celtics, per @JoeVardon (link: http://ble.ac/2xM8DrA) ble.ac/2xM8DrA
Embedded

pretty sure JR Smith has been saying all day he will play and opening night was a big thing for Lebron and he hasn't miss opening night since he was 8 years old.

edit:

Any bulls fans checking in for one of the worst seasons since the departure of jordon? I'm getting 2000-2002 bulls vibes right now.....which was devastating to me as a fan being only 10 years old lol

The White House is doubling down (of course) on Trump's claims that Obama and Bush didn't contact families of fallen soldiers. So I'm guessing Pop is going to have a lot to say this season

Jim Acosta‏Verified account
@Acosta
Follow Follow @Acosta
More
WH says POTUS was "stating a fact" about former presidents including Obama not calling families of fallen soldiers. Fact check: False.

Brinbe

Said it in another thread, but Pop 4 prez.

And DeMar still can't shoot 3s for shit, but in another instance of him adding something to his game over the summer (except a 3-pt shot) he actually looked really good running/initiating the offense in pre-season, kinda like Harden last year (again, minus the 3s). And it works well with Lowry since he's a capable off-the-ball scorer.

Anyway, excited for tomorrow and for some real ball to finally start (even if this is all a long march towards an eventual Warriors repeat)

Predictions:

ROY: Lonzo Ball
MVP: Lonzo Ball
Finals MVP: Lonzo Ball
DPOY: Lonzo Ball

Wrong.

Give all of those to King Kuzma.

Spurs are going to get at least the 2nd seed and make it back to the conference finals. Thunder are the true number 3 west team and the rockets are a bunch of regular season fools gold when the post season starts and Harden doesn't get ticky tack fouls in his favor. Gunna be a much more interesting season than last.

Naaaaaaaah

Rockets biggest issue last year, after you sit down and think about it, was a lack of a dynamic and unpredictable offense. You could see the Rockets running their plays in your head with your eyes closed.

The idea of one of Harden/CP3 this year making a play that messes up the defense, not getting a good enough shot, and thus swinging it out to the second playmaker (who would be the best playmaker on most teams) to work with the already rotated defense sounds fucking amazing.

Aldridge's skill set is just so useless in today's NBA. He's an older Horford without the playmaking abilities and 3 point range.

Tbf, he is actually GREAT defensively, especially as a rim-protector.

Who else is ready to trust the process?

Also, we're doing a NBA-GAF fantasy basketball league, and we still have 3 slots open. If you want to join us please do! http://games.espn.com/fba/tools/join?leagueId=284578&k=36544&d=AAAABAAEV6IAAAfi/////wAAA/A=&t=9

I'm interested, if there are still spots!

edit:

Any bulls fans checking in for one of the worst seasons since the departure of jordon? I'm getting 2000-2002 bulls vibes right now.....which was devastating to me as a fan being only 10 years old lol
Can't wait for the Bulls to tank so they can draft another player who will fuck his career up by crashing his bike at high speed in post season

Said it in another thread, but Pop 4 prez.

And DeMar still can't shoot 3s for shit, but in another instance of him adding something to his game over the summer (except a 3-pt shot) he actually looked really good running/initiating the offense in pre-season, kinda like Harden last year (again, minus the 3s). And it works well with Lowry since he's a capable off-the-ball scorer.

Anyway, excited for tomorrow and for some real ball to finally start (even if this is all a long march towards an eventual Warriors repeat)

That was his goal this off-season iirc - improving his passing and playmaking.

One thing that's definitely good about DeRozan is that he's consistently improved over every off-season. Dude works his ass off, at least by the accounts/stories I've heard.

Top Bottom