• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

TTG

LeBron
KD
Curry
Kawhi
Paul
Harden
WNB

KD and Curry may flip during the season, last year was Curry's worst shooting and he had very little lateral quickness. I don't see Kawhi moving up with so much of his game being iso and free throws. CP3 is fifth until he starts to fall off, I don't care how many defensive rebounds Westbrook steals from Adams and how many pick and rolls Harden runs per possession.

kaiju

They'll come out and play again.

Sports-Bettor-Golden-State-Warriors.jpg

Should be fun to watch.

So excited. Clippers seems to remain the better LA team. Milos is slick as fuck. On the other hand, I'm excited to see Spurs succeed with again for some reason despite being old. I worry about Kawhi though. I hope he's fully recovered.

Kawhi is one of my favorite non-Lakers to root for.
But Clips are shit. And always will be. It'll be fun watching the proper order restored in a year or two.

If Hayward had stayed I would've been super excited for a run at a possible top 4 seed in the West and being a super entertaining team. But a fight for the 8th seed and hopefully watching Donovan Mitchell become a really good player is fun too. I love Rubio and Gobert on the same team.

NBA drama is going to be amazing this year, should be a fun year, even though the final outcome is predetermined.

Utah should get 8th.
Don't have that much faith in Portland.

If you think Kawhi is a top 3 player in the NBA uninstall.

What?

Kawhi's run in the playoffs last year convinced me. I found the crowning of KD (probably due to recency bias) in the finals as having the best playoff performance after LeBron really strange, because Kawhi was fucking ridiculous. 2nd best player in the league, and he's the youngest of the 6 superstars (Harden, WB, LeBron, KD, Kawhi, and Curry)

NBA Gaf is definitely more fun than NFL Gaf. Warriors hate will never touch Patriots hate. And the players make the NBA entertaining whereas with football it feels like an addiction that you can't shake, a better sport but run incompetently by complete assholes. Players own the NBA, and that's how it should be.

Anyway,

LeBron
KD
Kawhi
Curry

Monroe
Harden
Mitchell
Westbrook
Giannis
Waiters
Davis

jdstorm

Banned
My top 3.

Kawhi
Westbrook
Durant.

Then
Harden
Boogie

Every other major elite player has glaring flaws
Curry can't defend or beat guys off the dribble
Lebron is in year 15 and is coasting on reputation despite having lost a step
Giannis can't shoot
Gobert is limited offensively.
Anthony Davis and Joel Embiid have trouble with staying on the court
Kyrie has been seen as a poor passer. Ect

The further you get down the list the more obvious players flaws are.

Man NBA teams are going to be pissed when New Orleans trades Boogie to Milwaukee for Greg Monroe, Rashard Vaughn and a future first

My top 3.

Kawhi
Westbrook
Durant.

Then
Harden
Boogie

Giannis can't shoot

Man NBA teams are going to be pissed when New Orleans trades Boogie to Milwaukee for Greg Monroe, Rashard Vaughn and a future first

NBA 2017-18 |OT| Pass around whatever it is that jdstorm is smoking.

That must be a GAF record for bad takes on one post.

In 2 years the Lakers will absolutely be better than the Clippers.

No way.

They still have so much rebuilding. I would give them 5 years before they are in the playoffs again. Possibly 4.

Now, if Lebron and George move to LA next year that would change drastically, but IMO, I don’t see that happening.

Cornbread78

No way.

They still have so much rebuilding. I would give them 5 years before they are in the playoffs again. Possibly 4.

Now, if Lebron and George move to LA next year that would change drastically, but IMO, I don’t see that happening.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to get Bron, George and Westbrook in LA next season. I'm almost expecting it as an FU to Durant, Curry & co

EDIT:
Whelp, this hot take sucks, I forgot about the extension..

My top 3.

Kawhi
Westbrook
Durant.

Then
Harden
Boogie

Giannis can't shoot

But Kawhi is a role player... it's LMA's team

If you think Kawhi is a top 3 player in the NBA uninstall.

I agree. Dude along with Giannis are getting overhyped as fuck. Giannis has top 10 of all time potential, but he needs to prove it by learning a jumpshot before ever getting considered. Right now, he's KD without any of the shooting skill. Kawhi hasn't been able to make a single final since it became his team for 3 years and keeps getting ranked as such because he's likeable. Not to mention his heavy iso scoring is beastly as fuck is completely different than Spurs when they move and pass around instead of pass and watch Kawhi body them tactic when he's on the court.

Lebron, Curry, KD
big gap
Kawhi,
small gap
Harden, Westbrook
gap where who gives a fuck because you're not a superstar

My guess for MVP is KD and Lebron, though from what I hear in training camp, they're priming their other superstar to ball out.

Kawhi hasn't been able to make a single final since it became his team for 3 years and keeps getting ranked as such because he's likeable.

It's not like he had to go up against the best team of all time last year and was beating them before he got taken out.

Oh wait...

KD never made a finals without multiple hall of famers if you want to go that route.

Ripenen

I agree. Dude along with Giannis are getting overhyped as fuck. Giannis has top 10 of all time potential, but he needs to prove it by learning a jumpshot before ever getting considered. Right now, he's KD without any of the shooting skill. Kawhi hasn't been able to make a single final since it became his team for 3 years and keeps getting ranked as such because he's likeable. Not to mention his heavy iso scoring is beastly as fuck is completely different than Spurs when they move and pass around instead of pass and watch Kawhi body them tactic when he's on the court.

Lebron, Curry, KD
big gap
Kawhi,
small gap
Harden, Westbrook
gap where who gives a fuck because you're not a superstar

My guess for MVP is KD and Lebron, though from what I hear in training camp, they're priming their other superstar to ball out.

How about AD, CP3, and PG13? Are they worse players or just in worse team situations?

It's not like he had to go up against the best team of all time last year and was beating them before he got taken out.

Oh wait...

KD never made a finals without multiple hall of famers if you want to go that route.
That's how you rate great players, being too tuff is not a reasonable excuse. And dude it's 1 game. You know how Spurs dominated OKC in 2016 and then got pasted in the next 5 games? Or how Rockets ran them for game 1 and then the same happened to them for the next 5 games? You would never see the actual top 3 players in the league ever get overrated as much Kawhi did after 1 game if you replace them, because their standards are so much higher. He also had two other years to get there but couldn't do it before KD joins the Golden Stacked Warriors.
How about AD, CP3, and PG13? Are they worse players or just in worse team situations?
AD I don't put in there. He's a generational talent that needs a great coach to teach him to dominate and allow your teammates to do so. That's always been my issue with him. Hopefully it comes with age. He just needs to get the fuck out of a shit team with a shit coach and go somewhere where he can evolve as a player. He does that, and he's top 3 if not best in the world category. Instantly. But it's a huge negative. I don't view CP3's Cripplers team that bad. You have a point about PG, but I don't think he's a consistent enough scorer.

Either way, both CP3 and PG can prove their point now.

And KD wasn't able to get to another final, and to finally win a final until he joined an all time team that had 73 record wins the previous year, yet he gets a pass in your eyes. Sorry, the championship logic doesn't make sense when you apply it equally.

And it's honestly only been Kawhi's team for 2 years. That first year after the championship was still an attempt at 2014 level ball movement and offense

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Can't wait for the dynasty. 82-0 sweeping the Warriors or OKC. Zach Lavine named Finals MVP. You heard it here first.

Real talk: Zach Lavine's ceiling is a solid starter caliber player. Lauri Markkanen also probably has a ceiling as a solid starter at the 4 position. Dunn is a bust, the rest of the Bull's roster is G-League level players. 0-82.

random25

Kawhi a top 3 player? Sorry guys, but Bron, Curry, and KD are basically the top 3 guys today. Kawhi maybe 4th. Depends on how you rank Westbrook or Harden against Kawhi.

And KD wasn't able to get to another final, and to finally win a final until he joined an all time team that had 73 record wins the previous year, yet he gets a pass in your eyes. Sorry, the championship logic doesn't make sense when you apply it equally.

And it's honestly only been Kawhi's team for 2 years. That first year after the championship was still an attempt at 2014 level ball movement and offense

That's a fair point. But that's why I rate (here comes unpopular pov) Curry above him. He couldn't beat him while he was literally injured lol, so he joined him. And that's the huge negative on him. But KD's the best or second best scorer ever after KAJ. Far better offensive weapon than Kawhi will ever be and has far more variety in his arsenal as well. If Kawhi never develops his playmaking game, Spurs are pretty much done for the next few years. The thing is it's just totally insulting to put that dude above the other 3 clearly better players who have done better than him. And KD styled on Kawhi like no other in 2016 dude.

Think the reason they were still in team offense type of ball was because Kawhi hadn't developed his game yet. The dinosaurs were all playing below level to where they should have. Lets be real here after LMA's garbage ass extension, Kawhi will end up being a footnote in NBA's history unless the Golden Stacked Warriors get injured from now on. The truth is that right now 2 of the 3 best players of this decade are both in their primes and playing for the same team. On top of that, they play unselfish ball and are different types that compliment each other even better than Wade/Bron. That shit's horrifying smh. Kawhi is the Stannis of the NBA.

Top Bottom