• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4/XB1/PC/PS360, Ghost/Criterion, FB3, Nov 19) [Teaser/Pics]

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So much for the next Criterion developed NFS game definitely hitting WiiU :)

Certinty

Can't believe some of you guys thought this would only be next-gen, this is EA we're talking about.

Am partly glad this is coming on current-gen anyway, if the PS4 isn't released this year in Europe I'll pick up a 360/PS3 copy.

crispyben

LOL at the shoddy copy-paste when the definition of "rival" first flashes, they forgot to remove the "Show IPA" link from dictionary.reference.com! Even though I did the OT, I was rather disappointed by NFSMW when all was said and done, so I don't know what to do with this...

Sethos

Banned
untitled-10pkgx.gif

Am I the only one who hated most wanted 2012?

I thought hot pursuit 2010 was okay, with it's ridge racerish drifting on rails and long sweeping corners (these kind of corners are pretty much the key point of any nfs game)

I quite enjoyed paradise, not a fan of the older burnout games.

I really liked the original hot pursuit (not made by criterion)

But hot pursuit reboot? Between the stutter (which they lied about, saying it was due to recording set up, but it was in the final game full force) , the lack of fun corners (seriously who designed this city, tons of 90 degree angle corners), the bad physics and the driving on ice grip with every new car until you filled bars to get tyres to unlock the normal car handling there was nothing to enjoy for me.
If criterion's name wasn't on this turd I think everyone would have trashed it.

Dawg

Meh, it'll probably look good but I don't trust Criterion after MW. Nice looking game, but boring gameplay. Felt like driving in a ghost town with free vehicles laying around. Just driving from event to event... At least you had progression in the original MW with tuning

Quentyn

The next-gen version will have a higher player count.

Need for Speed Rivals won't just be one of the first titles to utilize the Frostbite 3 engine, it will also be one of the first games on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year. The next generation of hardware offers some obvious benefits, like better rendering for the graphics-heavy engine — Rivals on next-gen will look "quite dramatically a lot better," Nilsson said. It will support more simultaneous online players. But it also has less tangible benefits, he explained, like the way it helps breathe life into the typically lifeless world of a racing world devoid of humanity.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/23/43...omization-alldrive-cars-interview-ghost-games

Bgamer90

Banned
But hot pursuit reboot? Between the stutter (which they lied about, saying it was due to recording set up, but it was in the final game full force) , the lack of fun corners (seriously who designed this city, tons of 90 degree angle corners), the bad physics and the driving on ice grip with every new car until you filled bars to get tyres to unlock the normal car handling there was nothing to enjoy for me.
If criterion's name wasn't on this turd I think everyone would have trashed it.

The game had problems but I still enjoyed it -- especially online. Very fun game online.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
they can't do nothing about that... EA

It was always EAs decision, but why even put out such a statement when they dont have the power to make such a decision ? Getting to buy WiiU owners their 6 months old overpriced port i guess.

Still, cant wait to see how this game looks on Next-Gen consoles.

Knoxcore

Another game announced by EA for all consoled but we have no idea what the details of this partnership they have with MS is.

The M.O.B

Meh, it'll probably look good but I don't trust Criterion after MW. Nice looking game, but boring gameplay. Felt like driving in a ghost town with free vehicles laying around. Just driving from event to event... At least you had progression in the original MW with tuning

This is being developed by new EA studio Ghost, not Crit. Or atleast mainly not by Crit.

scitek

I'm assuming Criterion's role is more for their experience with the drop-in/out online stuff since they've done it since Burnout Paradise.

Malvingt2

we tried to warn nintendo fans, but they didn't want to listen.
what are you talking about? EA position about the WiiU is clear as water.

It was always EAs decision, but why even put out such a statement when they dont have the power to make such a decision ? Getting to buy WiiU owners their 6 months old overpriced port i guess.

Still, cant wait to see how this game looks on Next-Gen consoles.

well they lied

LOCK

SMH at EA, especially the PS360 versions but no Wii U version.

So all that work on Most Wanted U was for nothing?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Which is funny, considering Alex Ward promised improved Wii U support for the next NFS if I remember correctly. Not that this comes as a surprise or anything...

Criterion isn't the main dev of this game, they are only "helping".

iFootball

So the video just went private?... and Joystiq updated the story mentioning that EA altered the press release?... and the needforspeed.com site is down for maintenance?... did EA screw up something?

strafer

[Update: EA has updated the Rivals press release, removing its original mention of a next-gen November launch. The story has been updated to reflect those changes.]

Top Bottom