• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4/XB1/PC/PS360, Ghost/Criterion, FB3, Nov 19) [Teaser/Pics]

btkadams

I'd rather play another criterion need for speed than either Forza 5 and Drive Club to be perfectly honest

me too. well, evolution and studio liverpool were always up there with criterion for me, but i'm skeptical of drive club. i'm not really into sim games and i wonder how many arcade elements it will have. i'm probably more interested in this.

NFSURpspPFTfront_02112005boxart_160w.jpg

Yeah, this came to my mind too. It was a nice game by the way.

Looking forward to it, but I kinda hoped for Underground 3/reboot (maybe next time).

luffeN

It is nice how the German PR piece mentions "..die Next Generation-Konsolen PlayStation 4 und Xbox One, dem All-in-One-Entertainment-System von Microsoft, veröffentlicht.". Oh glorious Xbox One :D

This looks pretty good. If this runs 60fps on the PS4 I might get it on that instead of PC.

It is nice how the German PR piece mentions "..die Next Generation-Konsolen PlayStation 4 und Xbox One, dem All-in-One-Entertainment-System von Microsoft, veröffentlicht.". Oh glorious Xbox One :D

That is funny.

Ghost Games also announced today the long-awaited return of Ferrari to the Need for Speed franchise. For the first time in seven years, gamers can get behind the wheel of some of the most luxurious, desirable automobiles on the planet, including the F12berlinetta.

I see MS and EA are in good terms really.

The_Monk

Nice.

If one thing the last NFS nailed was the sound when you speed up while entering and exiting a Tunnel. I hope they can keep and improve the sound which to me is a major point in racing games.

strafer

Nice.

If one thing the last NFS nailed was the sound when you speed up while entering and exiting a Tunnel. I hope they can keep and improve the sound which to me is a major point in racing games.

YES!, I kept driving through the same tunnel with my Lambo. :D

man, dat sound man.

FlyFaster

ok, I'm getting excited, this has a Hot Pursuit vibe to it (my favorite arcade racer this gen) any word on if that's the direction they are taking this in? I still love Seacreast County to this day.

FlyFaster

Shieeet Next Gen really does seem Racer Gen.

I'm ok with this :)

I think a racing game is a good way to show off the systems power to people. Cars are familiar to everyone, most people drive and see cars on a regular basis. It's something we can all relate unlike aliens or whatever. Not saying it's the most popular thing ever but I see them as a kind of "touchstone" for console launches. Most console launches all have a driving game of some type.

Mileena

Banned
I'd rather play another criterion need for speed than either Forza 5 and Drive Club to be perfectly honest

If they made it like Hot Pursuit, sure. Most Wanted is an awful game.

Wishing this was Underground 3 by Ghost but I'll keep an eye on the PS4 version of this I guess.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I really hope that they go hog wild with the Ferraris now that they have the license back. Give me the 458, 430 Scuderia, LaFerrari, Enzo, F50, F40, 288 GTO, 1986 Testarossa convertible, and 599 GTO.

I wish we'd get a new Black Box-style NFS game and a new Burnout rather than Criterion making their Need for Speed game again.

I didn't think this game was made by Criterion?

Also, any word on 60fps for PS4? I would think if BF4 (Frostbite) is going to run @ 60fps 1080p AND support 64 players on ps4, can't a racing game running the 'new' Frostbite engine do 60 fps on PS4?

Deviation

Neo Member
I've never been a Need for Speed fan but this is looking like the best of the launch window driving games. Is it wrong to be kind of excited for this game?

ACH1LL3US

Does anyone know if the game was running at 1080p native at e3 on the ps4 or xb1?? I would hope this game would be 1080p and 60fps...

Fredrik

Why is this coming to PS3/360 but not to WiiU when Most Wanted on WiiU is by far the best version on consoles and Criterion pretty much praised the hardware just months ago?

Top Bottom