• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4/XB1/PC/PS360, Ghost/Criterion, FB3, Nov 19) [Teaser/Pics]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From the Polygon article in the OP:

need_for_speed_rivalsx0s78.jpg

need_for_speed_rivalsygsrc.jpg

need_for_speed_rivals3fsg2.jpg

need_for_speed_rivalsr6sv7.jpg

need_for_speed_rivalshis08.jpg

need_for_speed_rivalsh5s8i.jpg

GulAtiCa

I enjoyed the Wii U version of Most Wanted, if it doesn't come to Wii U (lol EA), I'll have to consider a downgrade to a 360 or PS3 version for this (assuming I don't upgrade to a PS4)

KKRT00

So is the PC version going to be gimped to current consoles, or actually on the proper Frostbite 3?

EA Sport is like different entity and only they make this gen difference crap.

===
Where is that teaser? ;\

--edit--
Thanks Sethos

Ty4on

Yup, those are certainly cars.

I'm not the biggest racing game fan although I'll play them every once in a while. But racing games seem like the lowest hanging fruit graphically speaking. Racing games have looked pretty damn good for a while now, so these screens don't do much to get me hyped for "nextgen." Show me some animated people or crazy physics or amazing dynamic lighting or something.

Thanks!

It's the bigger picture posted yesterday, but up close it doesn't look so hot. Hope the game can look great from a distance like Hot Pursuit 2010. These shots are just too grey :/
5R7tZSU.png

Posts like these are so annoying. "If you zoom in to levels you'll never ever encounter in the game, it looks like crap".

Effect

We can probably guess it's not coming to Wii U.

---

Which is what I and a few others said before but it was dismissed. It did not matter what anyone from Criterion said. It was said before the Wii U version of Most Wanted came out that another studio was making the next game. What was said by Criterion was to trick people into buying Need for Speed Most Wanted U. Shocking news I know but developers lie and they lie all the f'n damn time.

Bgamer90

Banned
But racing games seem like the lowest hanging fruit graphically speaking. Racing games have looked pretty damn good for a while now, so these screens don't do much to get me hyped for "nextgen." Show me some animated people or crazy physics or amazing dynamic lighting or something.

???

Racing games are usually always used as "graphical showcases" during the launch of consoles.

Chucker

It looks incredible, but I really want it to go back to old Burnout, NFSHP for racing, instead of HEY EVERYBODY, LETS RUN AROUND UNTIL EVERYBODY GETS TO THE START LINE, and then not very defined races.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ferrari!

But it's Criterion, so hype totally killed :(

edit: Criterion only involved in a support capacity.... Hype slowly rising, but I still need to see some gameplay first. I don't want another Need For Speed: Burnout.

Man, how I would love a Vita version of this. Open world racing on a handheld is ten times as attractive to me then it is on a console. Most Wanted on Vita is great, one of my most played games for it.

Certinty

There better be dynamic weather. As good as the wet roads looked in Most Wanted, it was pointless to say the least.

Criterion? Well, color me interested.
It's not Criterion, they are just support. I think that may be a good thing after Most Wanted, which while technically competent may have been the most void of personality game every created. Not sure it would be possible to make a blander game, I honestly though The Run was far more conceptually interesting and had more interesting tracks.

strafer

PRE-ORDER RIVALS TODAY

GET THE ULTIMATE COP PACK

Exclusive access to the
Nissan GT-R Black Edition
Early access to level 2 gadget technology
Exclusive livery options

SmokyDave

Not probably. There will be no Wii U version. Period. I will not be surprised to see a Vita version though.

I would. They'd have announced it if it was coming. I thought Most Wanted did OK, but it seems maybe not. That or building a non-FB3 version wasn't feasible.

It's not Criterion, they are just support. I think that may be a good thing after Most Wanted, which while technically competent may have been the most void of personality game every created. Not sure it would be possible to make a blander game, I honestly though The Run was far more conceptually interesting and had more interesting tracks.

mn.. well then i'll wait for reviews.

Top Bottom