• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Chorazin

I don't think it's shipped yet, as GSC Store charges a few weeks before release (I forgot to add mine to my "charging soon" list! Totally forgot!)

A Figma on an older Snow Miku was also released. Back then, they didn't have simultaneous Nendo/Figma releases, so I guess are now going through a backlog?

Ah, gotcha! You're talking figmas, I'm talking Nendos. Haha.

Yeah, now I get ya. I got my charging email and that usually means it'll be shipping in a week or so. I thought I missed a second 2017 Snow Miku Nendo and was gonna be sad!

Replicant

"Why don't you do that tomorrow? You should go to bed now"

WMulanN.jpg

I'm My wallet is finished if they ever come out with NieR:Automata Nendos too.

EDIT: Is he GSC exclusive or should I wait for AmiAmi for cheaper price?

Replicant

I'd LOVE Nier Automata Nendos but there'd likely only be 3 at max so it wouldn't be THAT bad. :p

But you know they'll come out with Figmas too so that'll be 3 x 2 = 6 figurines.

I do wish they'll have the Commander (she looks so sexy in her getup) and maybe 21O/6O-chans. Then how about those Jin-Roh costumes?

Not exclusive. Not even an exclusive part. Buy him wherever.

Hallelujah! AmiAmi, here I come!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As a rule, it usually only the Wonder Festival stuff that's GSC exclusive (not counting preorder bonuses) and these are usually alternative version of figurines you can buy elsewhere.

Gero

I'm looking into collecting figures but I don't know if I should pick from figmas or nendoroids... Do y'all have suggestions as to which are better?

I'm looking into collecting figures but I don't know if I should pick from figmas or nendoroids... Do y'all have suggestions as to which are better?
They're both really high quality so it's up to your personal taste as to what is better. To my knowledge more Nendoroids are made than figma so that automatically widens your range of available franchises to buy figures from.
Nendos are easier to display a lot of in one space but figma are fun since they maintain a characters scale instead of fitting them to the standard scale of the figure type like Nendos.

Bombless

They're not better or worse, just different. Figmas are all about action and posing, nendoroids are cuter and smaller (though larger) but more difficult to pose. Also the lineups tend to differ, nendos have many more characters being done. There's also the price difference, nendos are cheaper than figmas.

Edit : there's also lines or products made to complement each line, the little armory collection is amazing for figmas and there's scaled furniture and stuff, same for nendoroids with accessory sets and backdrop sets to setup your display areas.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Would you prefer cute, chibis with universal replaceable faces (and come with other accessories), or a more realistic proportion (to the character), that is fully articulate, and come with extra pieces?

Also depends on the character, as some come as one product line, but not the other.

Bombless

And other than AmiAmi, what's another good place to look?

Hobby Search, Hobby Link Japan, Nippon Yasan (as long as you don't order exclusive nendoroids from them). Amiami tends to have the better prices but their shipping prices are way too high imo. I shop at other stores now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
And other than AmiAmi, what's another good place to look?

I sometimes use BigInJapan, but the do charge you right away. They are usually good for ordering figures that are exclusive to stores, like if you don't want to order straight from the Good Smile Store (or can't import from the Bandai Premium store, etc.)

Gero

This was a bad idea... I just found there is nendoroids for Eriri Spencer and Megumi Kato (How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend) and Megumi is sold out and pre orders closed for Eriri... :( Well at least on AmiAmi.

This was a bad idea... I just found there is nendoroids for Eriri Spencer and Megumi Kato (How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend) and Megumi is sold out and pre orders closed for Eriri... :( Well at least on AmiAmi.

Should have found a less expensive hobby. Like gambling.

The_Kid

Those new Ash Ketchum Nenderoid pictures.

I neeeeeeed.

Edit: He comes with a full blown pikachu costume for the figure? What.

The_Kid

That's a separate release like the following:

o051503101369155752031.jpg

]

Wait that's a thing? Time to spend a bunch of money...

Otaku Mode is reliable right? Everywhere else seems sold out of the pink bear.

Edit: Does anyone bother with the playsets? Been debating setting up scenes to display the figures rather than just a bunch in a display case.

Theonik

Wait that's a thing? Time to spend a bunch of money...

Otaku Mode is reliable right? Everywhere else seems sold out of the pink bear.

Edit: Does anyone bother with the playsets? Been debating setting up scenes to display the figures rather than just a bunch in a display case.
They are for storing faceplates. I got like 200 of them at this point. They need storing!

StayDead

They are for storing faceplates. I got like 200 of them at this point. They need storing!

I really need to find a way of storing nendos out of their boxes not on display, because I worry in the 8 months or so since I got most of them out last they've probably gone all sticky.

:(

LiK

I place all the extra stuff in sandwich plastic baggies and seal them in a plastic bin. One bag for one figure. Maybe I'll take pic of my storage method.

Theonik

I really need to find a way of storing nendos out of their boxes not on display, because I worry in the 8 months or so since I got most of them out last they've probably gone all sticky.

People have gotten good results with little tool trays you should look into that.

The_Kid

Sticky? Is there a problem keeping them in box? :eek: Cause like have of mine havent been opened.

LiK

Sticky? Is there a problem keeping them in box? :eek: Cause like have of mine havent been opened.

I assume they got sticky from being stored in a hot and humid place. As long as you keep them in a cool dry place, there shouldn't be any issues.

Top Bottom