• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

ch0mp said:
Horrible quality, only digi cam i have.

Huge fan of the Aliens movies :D

Dude. Fantastic movie selection with the exception of Alien Resurrection. Why that piece of shit? For the love of all that is holy and unholy...why?!? lol

Here's what I picked-up in February:

Eventually I'll get around to taking an actual picture of the book, because it's huge and beautiful, but if you find a copy, make sure to at least browse through it. It's pretty incredible.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
stuff.jpg

Stuff2.jpg

Big month came and went.

Edit:
EVGA 780i triple-sli motherboard
EVGA 8800GT
Creative Fatality elumix X keyboard
Galaxy metal gear box II enclosure
Five blu-rays
Ceramic White slim
Piano Black slim bundle (already have two of the games)
Lavender purple PSP
Rose pink PSP
2gb memory stick duos
Castlevania X
Jeanne D Arc
Worms 2 open warfare
Itouch armband
Cobalt Blue DS
LE gold GBA
CE Crysis
2gb sd card
Sandisk X card reader
4gb OCZ DDR21066 PC28500 ram
Core 2 duo E8400 3.0ghz

SIP YEK NOD said:
IMG_0558Small.jpg

spy games came free with scarface. I can do a review of the game if anybody wants me too. And as much as this game sucks, i must say one thing:

burn1.jpg

burn2.jpg

It burns remarkably well.

Burning game discs is piracy, and piracy is wrong. Don't support it.
Amirox's NMH pic owned.

harSon

Banned
Chorazin said:
I just looked up that movie and it looks like the BEST MOVIE EVER. I'm gonna have to track it down on Blu-ray.

Keep an eye on The Good The Bad and The Weird later this year :)

Flunkie

Banned
DSC01321.jpg

Contrary to popular opinion, I thought the demo was really fun. I'm really liking the game so far.

I also ordered Space Invaders Extreme for the PSP off Play-Asia a couple of days ago. The demo was amazing.

rc213

Kadey said:
[IMGhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/kade215/stuff.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/kade215/Stuff2.jpg[/IMG]

:O:O:O:O:O

Full Metal Jacket!!! Hi-Five!!!

SIP YEK NOD said:
spy games came free with scarface. I can do a review of the game if anybody wants me too. And as much as this game sucks, i must say one thing:

burn2.jpg

It burns remarkably well.

Ahahahaha, so awesome! ='D

Scored these at a pawn shop today, 500 + GAME SCREENS.

bmt002.jpg

Chorazin said:
I just looked up that movie and it looks like the BEST MOVIE EVER. I'm gonna have to track it down on Blu-ray.

I watched the blu-ray last night, goddamn is that film weird! I loved it though, it's riddled with references to old-school spaghetti westerns and samurai movies and has a great sense of humour and a good ammount of action. I have no idea why Miike decided to make all the Japanese cast speak English, especially when their pronunciation is so bizarre, but the result is pretty entertaining and hilarious. Quentin Tarantino's scene chewing intro is freaking awesome too.

Kazenone

holy shit @ kadey's pick ups.

My pick-up post is my birthday stuff, all is there except Brave Story (PSP) and Harvest Moon Boy & Girl (PSP). My local post office is holding them due to customs charge. Creeps!

bdaypickup-1.jpg

TomServo

Slow month after Christmas and the post-Christmas sales.

Picked up the Orange Box for $35 used, and the wife gave me Assassin's Creed for Valentines. Also bought Halo 3 for $38 new, that's still in the mail.

IMG_Feb_01.jpg

Saw an HDMI dongle for $5, so I picked it up despite the fact that I already have one. The cable was next to it on the used rack for $30 on its own - LOL.

Never hurts to have a spare for myself or a friend, I suppose.

IMG_Feb_02.jpg

LEGO Star Wars is my one nerdy indulgence. I'll probably pick up a couple more battlepacks, $10 for three stormtroopers is a steal. The Rebel troopers are neat as well, but I fancy myself an Imperial guy.

IMG_Feb_03.jpg

ch0mp

The Blue Jihad said:
Dude. Fantastic movie selection with the exception of Alien Resurrection. Why that piece of shit? For the love of all that is holy and unholy...why?!? lol

I thought it was ok it until that half-breed thing appeared.

Rome s1 and Sopranos s6 should keep me happy for a while.
Photo0029.jpg

dsc00184523.jpg

And then I did buy PGR4, amongst other things. Got bit by the nostalgia bug again and deemed it necessary to procure the two above items. PGR4 and Test Drive were ~$20 a piece, so I figured why not?

Chorazin

Picked up a 19" Samsung Syncmaster 906BW monitor to add to my podcast studio area. I was glad it works perfectly with my MacBook, I'd read horror stories on the net from people who couldn't get monitors to work correctly with Macs, but this worked like a total charm.

2286390850_dc0b35c728_b.jpg

AmMortal

Banned
Nice monitor, I was gonna get one just like it too. 19" is alright, but does it still look big after you had it now for a period of time? Because we all get that feeling that every monitor/tv gets smaller after the first few days.

ezekial45

Banned
TomServo said:
Saw an HDMI dongle for $5, so I picked it up despite the fact that I already have one. The cable was next to it on the used rack for $30 on its own - LOL.

Never hurts to have a spare for myself or a friend, I suppose.

IMG_Feb_02.jpg

So you do need an extra cord to run the 360 in HDMI! I have the component cables and it doesn't really seem to make a difference.

Chorazin

Warrior300 said:
Nice monitor, I was gonna get one just like it too. 19" is alright, but does it still look big after you had it now for a period of time? Because we all get that feeling that every monitor/tv gets smaller after the first few days.

It still feels really big, and it's really, REALLY pretty. It works perfectly with my MacBook and it's got a glossy screen so they have the same "feel" to the eye.

AmMortal

Banned
Chorazin said:
It still feels really big, and it's really, REALLY pretty. It works perfectly with my MacBook and it's got a glossy screen so they have the same "feel" to the eye.

you sir, are Pwng. period

My awesome pick up is my newly built PC! Which is fantastic and only cost me just under £520 to build and plays Crysis superbly all High with Natural mod :D

DSC00120.jpg

And to accompany my new PC, I also picked up some new games as well, all collectors editions. CoD4, Crysis and UT3 :D

DSC00114.jpg

Now I'm broke...

Manp said:
i'm building a new PC too and i'm going to buy the same case. it looks simple and apparently is well built for the cost

:)

It is simple and does the job, its also very spacious and cool inside. Not bad for £50. Downfall however is if you get the same case, make sure you have screws to fit in the mobo as it dosen't come with any. I suppose thats why they call it a screwless case.

Manp

XenonOxide said:
It is simple and does the job, its also very spacious and cool inside. Not bad for £50. Downfall however is if you get the same case, make sure you have screws to fit in the mobo as it dosen't come with any. I suppose thats why they call it a screwless case.

screws are not a problem but it sound strange that it doesn't come with any o_O
screwless should only mean that you can mount drives and cards without using any tool.

anyway i really like how it looks :)

Manp said:
screws are not a problem but it sound strange that it doesn't come with any o_O
screwless should only mean that you can mount drives and cards without using any tool.

anyway i really like how it looks :)

Exactly overall its an awesome case, with plenty of room to fit in another GPU, very tidy as well with built in cable management :p

now normally i dont get much during a month like maybe one game or so but ive been on a dreamcast kick lately and various things ive been looking for all kinda happened around the same time. also i joined goozex which has been a good way to get games too.

dreamcast games from goozex (have more coming my way)
IMG_0313.jpg

ive been looking for a dreamcast agetec stick for a few weeks finally saw one on ebay with an buy it now price
IMG_0310.jpg

so i got samba de amigo a few months ago and i saw an opportunity to get another one (actually 2 more) so i can have two player games now. this was a really good find. all i knew going into it was it was two samba de amigo sets (sega not 3rd party, no boxes though) the game and dreamcast with two controllers. so besides all that there were 4 vmus, a japanese version of PSO, a gameshark cdx disc (i think you use this to play shenmue II) and the dreamcast...wait for it...has the broadband adapter. i dont think im going to mess with PSO (ive read there are some private servers up or something) but what i am going to use it for is to use with jet grind radio so i can change the graffiti AND to download the extra samba de amigo tracks. so i got all that for 50 bucks :D
IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

goldenticket004b.jpg
goldenticket001b.jpg

and finally i had a hard time finding the dreamcast agetec stick then i found a second one that came with a japanese dreamcast and a few games so i got it
IMG_0308.jpg

also got tales of symphonia but forgot to take a picture of it

-viper-

Banned
flunkie4455 said:
DSC01321.jpg

Contrary to popular opinion, I thought the demo was really fun. I'm really liking the game so far.

I also ordered Space Invaders Extreme for the PSP off Play-Asia a couple of days ago. The demo was amazing.
I thought the demo was pretty cool as well. The graphics were fantastic too. I was surprised. In fact, when you look at games in screenshot form they don't really look too good. But when playing on TV, they seem to look unbelievable.

Weird.

CTLance

I am weaksauce.

Had a nice gaming get-together with some friends this weekend. Went to the local mall to buy snacks and stuff to prepare for the onslaught on Friday, and a PC power supply for my Frankenstein PC. Before that, though, I thought I'd do a little window-shopping at the local Saturn (electronics/games/etc store chain in Germany). That proved to be my undoing.

Came home with Geometry Wars Galaxies and Ghost Squad instead. Theoretically I'm still on a self-imposed "Wii game buying strike" since my Wiis onboard memory is full (no place for saves -> no games). Practically though... they looked at me with their huge box arts, kept wagging their price stickers and jumping in my hands everytime I didn't pay attention. They kept following me around the store, imploring me to buy them... when a clerk told me that Galaxies was the last one in the store and that it had been selling briskly I just couldn't resist any longer.
Bastard.

Nonetheless: I regret NOTHING! Both are really good games. Certainly pricey, though.
Gonna eat more "simple" food for the next weeks... ah well, it's good for the figure. I need to go on a diet anyway.

I laff at mahself. Tch, gamers. Dieting for the greater good? Bah. Just spend every penny on games.

feb08d.jpg

Got the Japanese stuff to help me learn. Duh. I'm no Weeaboo or anything, I'm just sick of waiting 2+ years for RPGs to come out after the Japanese release. :p Plus its fun to learn, and might help me get a non-dead-end job someday.

Edge? Awesome.

Enchanted Arms? I already finished it on 360 actually, but I might wanna play it again someday so I splashed out a whole £12 on a version which, you know, didn't crash every five to ten minutes because of "disc read errors" despite the disc being perfect and stuff.

I'll buy better things next month, honest.

Warrior300 said:
I have never seen ANY of those games EVER before, seriously..man.. EU is kept in the dark..

Well, there of them (Dragon Quest: Young Yangus and the Mysterious Dungeon, Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, and Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander) are Japan-only titles, which will never see release in any Western country.

Chorazin said:
Picked up a 19" Samsung Syncmaster 906BW monitor to add to my podcast studio area. I was glad it works perfectly with my MacBook, I'd read horror stories on the net from people who couldn't get monitors to work correctly with Macs, but this worked like a total charm.

2286390850_dc0b35c728_b.jpg

what's that keyboard, where did you get it? :)

Top Bottom