• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Natiko

Banned
ehm ehm

THANKS EVERYBODY!

I'll do my best.
Big thanks to Natiko and CCS for running as well! Even during a small MU game I could see CCS' playstyle evolve and Natiko has an uncanny ability to read the thread and sort players and to fake that as scum.

Haha, thanks!
You didn't look too bad in the light game! If you keep it up I'm sure you could do a good job and we still don't know what you look like as scum :p
Congrats Ty! I think you already knew from our talks on Discord I was rooting for you to win the nomination. I know you're the right choice and will bring a great perspective and strong ability to the Championship games in representing us. I'll be following along and rooting for you!

Swamped

Banned
I feel like sign ups have slowed down a little.

Please join us new people and oldies alike! Promise it will be loads of fun, we won't kill you too much.

easter_dog_in_a_basket.png

Tentative Starting Dates:

• Anime is ra-ra-ra-raunchingu on April 19 (senpais get ready to notice your waifus)
  • Arkham is rebooting the DCEU franchise on April 20 (RIP original batman mafia game)

Currently I'm confirming some details with a few players but tentative rosters should be available VERY SOON.

Please note that if new players sign up between now and games starting, they will get priority over veteran players and re-shuffle may happen right up until Final Rosters are released.

Just a quick update from my side:

I currently have technical problems and won't be at home for another week or so, so the voting tool will be available at the 23rd at earliest. Have fun counting by hand :p

Just a quick update from my side:

I currently have technical problems and won't be at home for another week or so, so the voting tool will be available at the 23rd at earliest. Have fun counting by hand :p

manual vote counting will teach the value of old school mafia back into our community o7

pls come back soon ; __ ;

nin1000

Banned
Good luck to everyone who is new to this community aswell to those who are returning like the mad people they are.
Even though i have played in almost every game there ever existed i will not be participating this phase. Time is very limited and i could not be able to put down the amount of time this community needs. :( I will return someday to make everyone mad though.
This community is the best. Just ask Bronx who finally learned not to drive by post like he was used to do in hip hop gaf.

Again good luck everyone and don't forget it's all in the game yo.

Harry potter mafia in autumn

ultron87

Hey all! After a long hiatus, I think things are finally at a point where I can play one of these again. :) Please slot me in wherever would work, or I can wait for a later game/subbing.

Pronoun: He
Games: Any
Timezone: EST

Hey all! After a long hiatus, I think things are finally at a point where I can play one of these again. :) Please slot me in wherever would work, or I can wait for a later game/subbing.

Pronoun: He
Games: Any
Timezone: EST

:O

Welcome back true king of gafia :O

(for new comers, ultron holds the highest winloss ratio in gafia for players with 10 games under their belt at 78%)

*bow*

Sawneeks

Banned
The votes are in...

TY4ON WILL REPRESENT GAFIA IN THE MAFIA UNIVERSE INVITATIONAL!

Good luck, Ty4on!

Congrats Ty! o/

Knock 'em dead for us!

Sure, we had some great times together, but if I had to pick between you and those adorable little guys, I will 100 % go for them.

But that doesn't mean all is lost! Repent and agree that you were wrong and that they are adorable, and I will forgive you. I am nice like that.

I'll be dead and buried before I admit those monsters are adorable.

You're just blinded because they're Birds.

RetroMG

Welcome aboard!

Also, for anyone else who is interested, I recieved this from the Head of the Mafia Universe Championship:

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now!?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

Finally, to communities that haven't elected a representative yet: Remember that your deadline for electing a representative is April 23.

Flame_AC

Pronoun: He.
Preferred game(s): I would love to do the Infamous mafia, but out of the two choices: Batman; Anime.
Time-zone: US EST (GMT -5)

RetroMG

Let me just take a moment to talk about Rosters.

If this is your first season with us, we guarantee that you will get whatever game you have asked for.
If this is not your first season, we cannot guarantee that.

However, even if you don't get the game you asked for, I encourage you to jump in and play anyway. In season 3, I really wanted to play Archer or Danganronpa. I got Cthulu. I'll be honest, I wasn't excited about it - I've never read Lovecraft, so the theme didn't appeal. But I jumped into the fray, with Sorian, ScraftyDevil, Hyperactivity, Nin1000, Flame_AC, and a bunch of other people who went on to be Gafia legends. And I had a GREAT time.

So whatever game you get, have a great time. That's what this is all about.

EDIT: Wait, Sorian wasn't in Cthulu. My bad.

Sawneeks

Banned
Topo and LP are on my side, and are they birds? Hmm? Didn't think so.

Do you have proof that they aren't birds? Hmmmmmmm?

and siding yourself with Topo? That's low for you, Roy. You miss a few Seasons and look what happens....

Now that we're starting soon, I'M NERVOUS. pleasepleaseplease let me not get town. or let me get town. or....

Neutral it is! Hope you like being a one-person killing machine. :D

roytheone

Do you have proof that they aren't birds? Hmmmmmmm?

and siding yourself with Topo? That's low for you, Roy. You miss a few Seasons and look what happens....

Neutral it is! Hope you like being a one-person killing machine. :D

The adorableness of them managed to solve the year long fued between topo and me! That's how cute they are!

Also, I never been a neutral before :( It sounds like a ton of fun though.

ultron87

I'm very interested to see where the game designs and meta have gotten to since the last one of these I played, which was Danny Phantom last summer. Things got pretty wild there at points. Especially with Cthulhu. *shudder*

I was just saying in Modchat that I'd like to see that one come back.

Booooooooo.

I'm very interested to see where the game designs and meta have gotten to since the last one of these I played, which was Danny Phantom last summer. Things got pretty wild there at points. Especially with Cthulhu. *shudder*

i donno if this is going to frighten you or not, but as for changing trends.... danny phantom was S6 and ...........in S7, scum won 7 out of 9 games (including 3 main games victories out of 3 main games)

THE WOLFIES STRIKE BACK

roytheone

i donno if this is going to frighten you or not, but as for changing trends.... danny phantom was S6 and ...........in S7, scum won 7 out of 9 games (including 3 main games victories out of 3 main games)

THE WOLFIES STRIKE BACK

So we need to bring back harry Potter style balancing to even it out again? ;)

Season 8 Rosters - sorted by priority

S8 Games and Players:

Anime
01. [m] oreomunsta - New - MDT
02. [m] Nomadic Sparks - New - CST
03. [it] hatmoza - New - Gulf Timezone
04. [f] hey_monkey - New - EST
05. [m] rac - New - EST
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - New - GMT+10
07. [m] Poltergust - New - EST
08. [m] Bowlie - GMT-3
09. [m] SkyOdin - PDT