• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

haikira

imag0190m.jpg

Damn. Amazon really pulled through on this one. Was expecting/hoping for it to be a day early. But sure, I'll take this.

=D

Got a medium-sized pink purse for the EX girlfriend. :-/

We were together my entire four years in college, but she was a year younger than me, and we broke up this past December during her senior year. It sucks breaking up, and it's especially hard to try to do something like this. But she was my college life, and I know I was *her* college life; and so I felt I should congratulate her and wish her the best in all her future endeavors.

Good man, stay classy!!

zmet

LIVE A LIVE Original Soundtrack
mm6.jpg

Square Enix reprints a classic SFC game soundtrack with two bonus tracks (which were included with the strategy guide). Hopefully they'll get around to reissuing Tenchi Souzou/Terranigma...

this stuff came about 2 days ago got some pretty good stuff all master system

Psycho Fox, Ghost House
psychohouse.jpg

Ghostbusters, Cyborg Hunter
ghosthunter.jpg

Choplifter, Thunder Blade
chopblade.jpg

Penguin Land
penguinland.jpg

should also have strider for genesis at my po box just gotta go pick it up

nostalgia overload, i played and beat most of those games, even cyborg hunter, Psycho Fox for the win.

Lucent

uIwFW.jpg

Some Playstation Castlevanias.

They offered these digitally to PS+ subscribers (in the US at least) recently for free. I've played SotN several times but never Chronicles. I played a bit just to see what it's like. Seems really old school for a Playstation game. I haven't read much about it so I dunno how good it is and if it was a remake.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
They offered these digitally to PS+ subscribers (in the US at least) recently for free. I've played SotN several times but never Chronicles. I played a bit just to see what it's like. Seems really old school for a Playstation game. I haven't read much about it so I dunno how good it is and if it was a remake.

Chronicles was a slightly revamped version of the Castlevania on the Sharp X68000, which itself was a remake of the original Castlevania.

It's definitely old school and doesn't play as smoothly as say... Super Castlevania IV, but it's still quite a fun game. I actually just played through it again a couple of weeks ago.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
uIwFW.jpg

Some Playstation Castlevanias.

Whoa. They actually put Iga's name on the box :p

Yeah.. It's actually a port of a 1993 game on the Sharp X68000 computer :p

Lucent

Oh wow, okay. Yeah I never heard of that system. Heh. =P

Yeah, I never really played the old NES/SNES Castlevania's much. SotN was the first one I really got into and completed. Playing Chronicles a bit was just a little off-putting because the movement isn't as smooth. And you still have to press up or down to traverse staircases like the old games.

I did find it kind of strange how similar the beginning castle hall is to SotN though. Similar windows and everything. Even the zombie enemies.

But I won't say anything else. lol. I'm turning this into a Castlevania thread when it's about stuff you picked up during the month. >_<

Chronicles contains two remakes of the original Castlevania for MSX2. The first one is the remake they made for the Sharp X68000, it features nice graphics a nicely redone OST and is apparently very difficult! The other one is a remaster with remixed tunes (that I don't like AT ALL) some redrawn graphics and character designs from Ayami Kojima (the Simon Belmont with red hair is in that game).

EDIT: I need to remeber to refresh the page when I'm replying to someone.... :p

EDIT 2: Oh yeah! You can't jump off staircases... I can't believe they stuck with that design choice after all those suicides...

Got my "det er en slags ting" (based on The Thing) AP version print today:

AJYCr.jpg

So cool.

m8wGp.jpg

Detail shot:

Z1oHv.jpg

And my personal sketch.

It's going to be tough to find a frame to fit this one...

caex

Neo Member
Been following this thread for a couple years, finally can post here. Using my aunt's camera since I don't have one, and the date on the pics is a little off.

first, some games

Next, my comics this month so far (a little behind right now). First are the Bat family titles I missed over the last little while:

Above is: Batman #9, Batwing #9, Detective Comics #8-9, Batgirl #8-9, Batman and Robin #8-9, Birds of Prey #8, Batwoman #8

Free Comic Book Day comic

5 issues of Cassandra Cain's turn as Batgirl, #2-6:

Couple Marvel books, X-23 Innocence Lost trade and a couple Image books

Above: Amazing Spider-Man #682, Fatale #4, Saga #2, Uncanny X-Force #24, Secret #1
Avengers Academy #28, X-Men Legacy #264.

Next are most of the Avengers vs X-Men books that are out, not pictured are Avengers vs. X-Men #3 variant, Avengers Academy #29 and Wolverine & the X-Men #9 which I do have:

Above: Avengers vs X-Men #0-2(#1 is the baby marvel characters variant), AvX #1 Fight poster Variant, X-Men Legacy #266, Secret Avengers #26, Uncanny X-Men #11, New Avengers #24-26, Wolverine and the X-Men #10, Avengers #25

Some more comics:

Above: Batman #8, Avengers Academy #24, Venom #14, Morning Glories #17, America's Got Powers #1, Walking Dead #95-96, Nightwing #8, Red Hood and the Outlaws #8

Finally, the excellent new album's from Accept, Angel Witch, Arjen Anthony Lucassen, and Moonspell along with Incantation's Blasphemy:

haikira

Been following this thread for a couple years, finally can post here. Using my aunt's camera since I don't have one, and the date on the pics is a little off.

first, some games

First ever post. Welcome =D

Can't really comment on the comics. But nice collection of games.

snkryo

Awesome. Looks like you are going to have a great weekend :p

Yes im since i will be playing Halo anniversay. ;) At the moment I'm not in the mood to play any gameboy game but I will play pokemon silver on a later date. It's funny because I was going give this package back to the thrift store employee until I noticed within the plastic bag that a game was inserted and it was pokemon silver and I was I'll take it.

Is the backup battery in Pokemon Silver still good? My Red and Blue still have working backup batteries, but Silver didn't last nearly as long.

Yes it still works.

Awesome! I´ve been on a NTSC-J PS1 pickup roll too, the games might get here next week so I´ll post some pics then.

Speaking of NTSC-J games - is there a all-inclusive list of games that have English patches? I was planning on picking up Tales of Phantasia and was curious if any other RPGs or other games had English patches. (I already have Policenauts).

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I did find it kind of strange how similar the beginning castle hall is to SotN though. Similar windows and everything. Even the zombie enemies.

every time the demon castle comes back it changes but it always keeps the main entrance hall and clock tower

bebester

Neo Member
Picked up the new Mario shirt (Luigi version) from The King of Games. It made me really popular at the school where I teach.

JackEtc

New kicks:

Reebok Zig Encore

uSsdfl.jpg

and bought some running shoes since I've started running on the treadmill after school:

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11

zfvqHl.jpg

Top Bottom