• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Because I'm still on an Avengers high...

f386c093.jpg

Custom Oakley Split Jacket with red iridium positive lenses. I can now say that I replicated movie!Hawkeye's sunglasses. I am pleased.

MoosiferX

So I recently started re-collecting all of the big box PC games that I grew up with, and eventually threw out the boxes for when I moved out a decade ago. Today I received this one in the mail. I put so much time into this game! :D

simtower.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How is that shield (on the Gladiator-cover) so bright :eek:?

steveovig

So I recently started re-collecting all of the big box PC games that I grew up with, and eventually threw out the boxes for when I moved out a decade ago. Today I received this one in the mail. I put so much time into this game! :D

simtower.png

Yea, Sim Tower was so the bomb.

Guess I might as well post these.

Penny Arcade First Party polos came in today.

3gYMTh.jpg

SlUdoh.jpg

NwN1Th.jpg

There's a lot more funny stuff in the Instruction Manual. It's even got a Notes section at the back :)

Blunt

Banned
In celebration of finally becoming a man. I mean graduating to GAF Member status.

Box is a little shelf worn but everything inside? Mint. And I got it for a song.

2203208-20120510_211349___copy.jpg

Lourio

Loving those portal guns!

The following is from April/May.

First up Mass Effect 2 and 3. Wife picked up ME3 for me <3. Still playing ME2, loving it so far, keep in mind this the first time playing the ME series..

Untitled-1.jpg

Second, the wife bought me Senna Limited Edition on DVD <3, fantastic film/biography depicting Senna's short but wonderful F1 career! Picked up the SteelSeries mousepad thanks to a mousepad thread from last month.

Untitled.jpg

And finally, some movies I picked up this week. Got Thor used from a friend.

IMG_0279.jpg

Loving the '3D' animation when Tony Stark puts on his suit lol.

smr00

Banned
Guess I might as well post these.

Penny Arcade First Party polos came in today.

3gYMTh.jpg

SlUdoh.jpg

NwN1Th.jpg

There's a lot more funny stuff in the Instruction Manual. It's even got a Notes section at the back :)
I love the X on the 2 button, i always leave 1 button undone because polos just feel tight around my neck with they are buttoned, not a big fan of the controllers on them though. But i am not a big fan of gaming related clothing or graphic tees.

VanWinkle

Needed a new set of cans to replace my failing Koss Porta Pro's and ended up getting these XB500's in town, I'm actually impressed with overall sound quality and the bass is powerful & clean without sounding muddy.

IMG_20120506_085735.jpg

I've had my pair of the same headphones for a little over a year now, and I'm continue impressed with their great sound quality and comfort.

jonno394

THe brilliant Olivier Marchals newest film "Les Lyonnais" as well as the FMA movie, "The Sacred Star of Milos"

2012-05-10192343.jpg

Three DD titles (Motorstorm, Escape Plan and The Warriors PSP)

2012-05-10-181311.jpg

warpaint

All the posters are from Mondo . My 'Brazil' and 'Hugo' posters (from a few months ago) I was able to score from the actual website, when they were on sale. These two I picked up on eBay.

I had an alert set up through the eBay app on my phone, and I always check when one of these come up. Luckily I found these two at really reasonable prices, and snagged them within 2 days of each other.
cheers

Gila

What is this? Movie collection? How much was it? :O

It's just a Harry Potter Steelbook Shelf (to store all the HP Steelbooks). I got mine for free (there was a promotional at Futureshop where you buy a HP Steelbook and recieve that for free) otherwise I believe it's around $10 if they still sell it. eBay or some other medium would have to be your last resort if you can't find it at a retail store.

tha_devil

Where did you find that copy of GTHD? I've been searching for it for a while but couldn't find it anywhere!
Yea its really hard to track one down, they dont turn up on ebay at all (not even ebay japan, or maybe its because i dont use correct search words). I found this one on the marketplace of assemblergames for 60 euro.

isny

napkin dispenser
From the past few days.

Batman Lego Polybag $4.99 Canadian, Kung Fu Panda Blu Collection $15, Muppet Family Christmas Original Press Photo from the 80's $20 (priceless!)

dZJpKl.jpg
galCJl.jpg

wLDRml.jpg

Hows Secret Files: Tunguska, ive always loved the cover.
Sorry for a real late reply. It's pretty good, like the dialogue in a cheesy knows it's a game way.
Some of the stuff i've bought. Zelda Hat, 32GB SD card, and a gamecube memory card.
DSCN0754-1-1.jpg

DSCN0755-1.jpg

Oh boy do I love The Sky Crawlers, very fun game.

Takuya

Banned
Most of the components for my new PC Build...

Intel Core i7 3770k
ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3-PRO
ASUS BD-R
Corsair H100 Cooling
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Cougar Vortex Hydro Fans
Corsair 800D Full Tower Case
EVGA GeForce 680 GTX Superclock+ (not featured)
Mushkin Redline 16GB 2133 (not featured)

StayDead

Few of my latest purchases, been waiting for the first one for months. :D

7164230438_2cb551afba_z.jpg

7164228760_4670f88c33_z.jpg

She's still in her box until I hopefully get some more shelves this weekend. No space for her to come out of her box >_<

I know I'm supposed to post pictures of stuff I've just gotten here, but I thought y'all would be interested in seeing a couple of empty boxes that have been sitting around for a while. I finally decided today would be the day I got rid of them!

IMG_0506.jpg

The spider inside the Genesis box was enormous and terrifying. If this was a 90s commercial, it would have yelled 'SEGA' at me.

Carl

Got these funny looking things in the post today. Was the first console i ever owned, so i had the crazy idea of buying one again.

Boy and his Blob was a game i had as a kid and could never complete. Which is why i bought it.

NES.jpg

Chairhome

I know I'm supposed to post pictures of stuff I've just gotten here, but I thought y'all would be interested in seeing a couple of empty boxes that have been sitting around for a while. I finally decided today would be the day I got rid of them!

IMG_0506.jpg

The spider inside the Genesis box was enormous and terrifying. If this was a 90s commercial, it would have yelled 'SEGA' at me.

There are some people that would actually buy those from you. Post em on cheapassgamer and on the buy/sell/trade thread here and you might be able to sell them. I sold a few empty console boxes a few months back.

There are some people that would actually buy those from you. Post em on cheapassgamer and on the buy/sell/trade thread here and you might be able to sell them. I sold a few empty console boxes a few months back.
Ah, crap. Thanks for the advice, but I've already crushed those suckers and plonked them in the recycling. Also, I'm not keen to duel with the Sega Spider.

Here's a pile of things I picked up in May.

http://i.picpar.com/f4649796857a18df46b804bf60caecffb0f92860.JPG[img]

Really love the original Chrono Trigger box.

[img]http://i.picpar.com/17609025ef7c001e421b65824b3a8e1bd828b874.JPG[img][/QUOTE]
You in Japan? Or pick them up off eBay?

Bumhead

Banned
Holy shit, this is the first time I've seen up close actual pictures of the Ice White 3DS, and it's amazing..

Congrats, guys.

MechDX

IMG_0506.jpg

I admit I lol'd

Top Bottom