• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Oh yes <3

Asn50pKCMAAgXJd.jpg

Asn6KTeCAAAIrWW.jpg

Ramblin

Banned
I know I'm supposed to post pictures of stuff I've just gotten here, but I thought y'all would be interested in seeing a couple of empty boxes that have been sitting around for a while. I finally decided today would be the day I got rid of them!

IMG_0506.jpg

The spider inside the Genesis box was enormous and terrifying. If this was a 90s commercial, it would have yelled 'SEGA' at me.

Funny that these fairly recent systems can remind me of a simpler time.

549236_10150883295952472_752942471_9809067_524472440_n.jpg

Kid Icarus guide, nintendo dream and a ton of kid Icarus chocolate. And other snacks from Japan.

553167_10150748841837472_752942471_9617927_1851447487_n.jpg

got these at UBCON from Brawl in the Family.

575469_10150801866897472_752942471_9747997_546964546_n.jpg

Painted this for an art show, but i'm gonna keep it once its over.

won a Minecraft 360 code... Spent over 30 hrs in it so far...

Rich!

New job, more money, more shit to buy:

ZGsZG.jpg

New gamecube controller. Brought a couple of Wii nunchuks from my local store for £3 each and swapped the sticks over. Result = best damn gamecube controller ever. Timesplitters 2 is a dream to play.

XbW67.jpg

Sony Blu Ray player. Got it preowned for £30. Bargain.

LFre1.jpg

Got this a month ago, but worth a mention. Brand new/absolutely MINT and complete condition Game Boy Micro I haggled from another Blockbuster store whilst I was still a manager at one. Price? £3.95 minus my 20% staff discount (it was £3.16). If I sold it on ebay, I'd gain a fucking ridiculous profit. But I'm not going to. It's too good to sell.

5PAVV.jpg

New 42" LG TV. Full HD, absolutely incredible contrast (blacks are superb). Cat loves it.

Alpha_eX

d39ddb289b9311e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg

Not sure what to play first, Catherine, Kirby or use the USB SNES PADS (perfect btw) for something. Very happy with the SNES pads, so cheap too, only £4 each.

Rich!

Very happy with the SNES pads, so cheap too, only £4 each.

heh, I got one of those from ebay too (however I disagree with you, they are absolutely shit to play with). Took out the board from the USB one, and swapped it with my real SNES one (had to drill a hole or two, but easy shit really). Threw away the buttons and casing from the controller I got from ebay.

Using my genuine SNES pad on a computer is awesome, and it was far cheaper than buying a £10 adapter.

Alpha_eX

heh, I got one of those from ebay too (however I disagree with you, they are absolutely shit to play with). Took out the board from the USB one, and swapped it with my real SNES one (had to drill a hole or two, but easy shit really). Threw away the buttons and casing from the controller I got from ebay.

Using my genuine SNES pad on a computer is awesome, and it was far cheaper than buying a £10 adapter.

Don't seem so bad to me, sure they're not perfect as the SNES but these ones do the job much better than what I had before. Would be interested in a detailed guide how you swapped out your boards.

Risgroo

ZGsZG.jpg

New gamecube controller. Brought a couple of Wii nunchuks from my local store for £3 each and swapped the sticks over. Result = best damn gamecube controller ever. Timesplitters 2 is a dream to play.

Oooh, tempting! The sticks for my GC controllers are getting pretty damn worn, so this could be a good move. Do I need a special screwdriver to open up the controller, or am I just imagining hearing that somewhere?

Rich!

Don't seem so bad to me, sure they're not perfect as the SNES but these ones do the job much better than what I had before. Would be interested in a detailed guide how you swapped out your boards.

Nothing to detail about it. Literally swap them over - just need to expand the holes for the top right and left above the d-pad and buttons(a screwdriver will do the job fine) and drill a little hole for the plastic between the start and select buttons. Put the circuit board into the official snes controller, route the USB cable through the hole at the top, then just screw the thing together. Just be careful - the L/R connections on the imitation pads are shit. I accidentally ripped the L button connectors off, and had to solder it back on. No real effort, but a pain regardless.

Rich!

Oooh, tempting! The sticks for my GC controllers are getting pretty damn worn, so this could be a good move. Do I need a special screwdriver to open up the controller, or am I just imagining hearing that somewhere?

Yep. A tri-wing screwdriver. Mine cost 95p on ebay. All you need to do is literally open up the controller, and take the sticks off. It's the same fitting on all GC/Wii controllers (both the screw fittings, and the sticks themselves) - and I do have to say, the Wii sticks are incredible on the Gamecube controller.

Sierra? Is it a point and click game?

No it's an fps and one of the worst controlling ones I've come across. Thankfully the auto aiming does a lot for you. But what's interesting about the game is that it has a ton of dialogue. You can talk to pretty much anyone. And the game has stealth segments where you can take bad guys hostage. It was definitely worth checking out for the 8 bucks I paid for it.

Yea its really hard to track one down, they dont turn up on ebay at all (not even ebay japan, or maybe its because i dont use correct search words). I found this one on the marketplace of assemblergames for 60 euro.

I still hope I can manage a lucky find and get a copy for around 30 euro someday. Good thing I at least got it from PSN while it was still up!
While I was in Tokyo last year I've kept searching for it all the time but I haven't spotted a single copy.

DSCN0755-1.jpg

Oh boy do I love The Sky Crawlers, very fun game.

Sky Crawlers is an awesome game, I loved every single second of it! Except the final boss, monstrously difficult as in every Ace Combat since The Unsung War

Aeana

U1GMq.jpg

Yay, stuff. Gensou Sangokushi 1 and 2, Ao no Kiseki drama CD bundle all brand new, and a new CM Storm Spawn mouse.

Mr. Sam

New job, more money, more shit to buy:

http://i.imgur.com/ZGsZG.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XbW67.jpg[IMG]

Sony Blu Ray player. Got it preowned for £30. Bargain.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LFre1.jpg[IMG]

Got this a month ago, but worth a mention. Brand new/absolutely MINT and complete condition Game Boy Micro I haggled from another Blockbuster store whilst I was still a manager at one. Price? £3.95 minus my 20% staff discount (it was £3.16). If I sold it on ebay, I'd gain a fucking ridiculous profit. But I'm not going to. It's too good to sell.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5PAVV.jpg/IMG]

New 42" LG TV. Full HD, absolutely incredible contrast (blacks are superb). Cat loves it.[/QUOTE]

So much cool shit. All I got was new shoes:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OqG5Ll.jpg

And hairy feet. Oh, and some Blu-rays:

3s8kgl.jpg

And a shirt:

KvCZel.jpg

But that's it.

DQpnN.png

Been reminiscing lately about my teenager years and involvement in a major C64 warez group (days long gone but I miss you 80's) and wanted to replace my now long gone gear.

First I scored a Commodore 128D with no yellowing or anything, and the guy selling it didn't know anything about it (estate procurement) but when it arrived it was missing the keyboard.

Then I happened on someone selling a VIRGIN Commodore 128 and 1571 drive. They were in the original boxes with disks still sealed, original cable ties the whole ball of wax. They had been sitting in their boxes and wrapped in plastic somewhere for 25 years (mfg date 7/86).

Finding this stuff without yellowing is practically impossible.

we have come a long way. Back in high school they had similar keyboards. The noise they made were so fucking annoying. If I see anyone using that keyboard I would go and punch their face.

Materials for the unfinished basement!

DSC_0570.jpg

Yeah I'm somewhat looking forward to this...Well, once it's finally finished.

Wish me luck HAHA!

Some new games and the first 100 episodes of WTF with Marc Maron. Also Ignitor!

063-1.jpg

Star Wars, nothing but staaaaar wars! Give me the staaaar waaaaaars!

065-1.jpg

067-1.jpg

Special pic just for Malgus cuz I love this figure.
068.jpg

070-1.jpg

071-1.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
You're so lucky, I've been searching for this Gameboy for years now, and they only seem them at such high prices :( one day I'll be able to buy it, if I find a job.

Don't worry, Iwata will announce at E3 that the lack of GB/GBC titles on the VC has been because they're going to release EVERY GB/GBC game they can by the end of the year in order to flood the market and make some of that money they lost last year back. (Read: hundreds of titles)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
7180254978_bb0158e45c_c.jpg

Got a medium-sized pink purse for the EX girlfriend. :-/

We were together my entire four years in college, but she was a year younger than me, and we broke up this past December during her senior year. It sucks breaking up, and it's especially hard to try to do something like this. But she was my college life, and I know I was *her* college life; and so I felt I should congratulate her and wish her the best in all her future endeavors.

mandiller

I've been looking for a new pair of headphones for PC gaming because I don't have a mic on my old Sennheisers and today I decided to pick up the Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset after much research online.

The Corsair's are USB only with a virtual 7.1 surround sound. The audio quality is brilliant, the mic is one of the best I've used and most importantly, they are super comfy.

I've been playing some Battlefield 3 with these on. Good fun! And now I'm ready for some Diablo 3 slaying next week.

H5iZU.jpg

WMqZh.jpg

ipKyq.jpg

hows the Syma in regards to battery life and durability? Ive wanted one for awhile, and they are cheap enough if it breaks its not a huge deal but I want something that if i crash it won't break into pieces
I'm getting between 6-10 minutes it feels like. Never times it. Its very durable, I run it into shit around the house all the time and it's a champ. Definitely worth $20 if you're interested in a copter that doesn't just flop over from take off. I want to try a single blade now.

Lucent

Got a medium-sized pink purse for the EX girlfriend. :-/

We were together my entire four years in college, but she was a year younger than me, and we broke up this past December during her senior year. It sucks breaking up, and it's especially hard to try to do something like this. But she was my college life, and I know I was *her* college life; and so I felt I should congratulate her and wish her the best in all her future endeavors.

That's really nice. That's something I would do. Shows you really care. Much better to do that than be hateful or something towards her. 'Cuz then it'd be like you didn't really care, right? At least that's how I see it.

Good guy. =)

It's free comicbook day in germany, austria and swiss. Not the international one which was a week ago.

First the bag:
obamerkelrwk0o.jpg

Take this america! ;)

And the comics I grabbed:
freecomics22fht.jpg

You could choose 5 out of 30.

EBay has the portal guns going for $300+..
I'd trade for my Gears Lancer replica for one

NECA is actually doing a new portal gun release. This time it's for the gun that P-body uses and it's limited to 5000 pieces. They're supposed to be letting people know when the approved retailers are selected, sometime next week

http://www.theouterhaven.net/2012/05/11/neca-announces-a-new-portal-gun-replica-limited-run/

portal-replica-co-op-yellow3.jpg

Oh and I got this little guy to protect my hat from baddies but he won't give it back to me either :(

whatisthis1.jpg

Top Bottom