• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

FireCloud

6IpRR.jpg

Favorite Ghibli flick. ALSO PLAYS ON PS3.

I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite Ghibli flick but this one would be right up near the top. How's the quality of the Blu-ray? I have most of the Ghibli movies on DVD except for the newer ones like Ponyo which I have on Blu-ray. They get a lot of attention.

Great pickups!

IMG_0016-1.jpg

The 2 DS games are Super Robot Taisen OG Saga and Knights in the Nightmare. $7.99/$9.99, used, at Gamestop.

Tetris Axis is O.K. Doesn't come close to Tetris DS.

Dave Long

Banned
Just the internal clock.

It's not as easily removable as the Saturn's backup battery. You need to open the case and desolder it from its contacts. It's rechargeable though, so some people never had to replace theirs.
Yeah, that one I know about. It does recharge while you use the system though. At least that's how I understand how it works.

DQpnN.png

Been reminiscing lately about my teenager years and involvement in a major C64 warez group (days long gone but I miss you 80's) and wanted to replace my now long gone gear.

First I scored a Commodore 128D with no yellowing or anything, and the guy selling it didn't know anything about it (estate procurement) but when it arrived it was missing the keyboard.

Then I happened on someone selling a VIRGIN Commodore 128 and 1571 drive. They were in the original boxes with disks still sealed, original cable ties the whole ball of wax. They had been sitting in their boxes and wrapped in plastic somewhere for 25 years (mfg date 7/86).

Finding this stuff without yellowing is practically impossible.

Panda Rin

Finally caved on the Vita. Couldn't wait until after E3 to buy it. Also bought Persona 3 Portable with it.

Untitled-2.jpg

Really excited to start on the gundam kits!

Untitled-3.jpg

05-05-2012.jpg

Recently bought this PSP Go on eBay. Such a sexy device. Already backed up a couple of games and loving how mobile it is. Shame Sony's usual incompetence fucked up it's release.

Lain

After waiting so many months for it to be released, my copy of the artbook for Valkyria Chronicles 2 was shipped and I received it today and it's so damn beautiful:
d5295d886145f7cb523a6fddff9fd316704fce6c.jpg

Also managed to grab this yesterday for 9.90€ (it was the only copy I saw in the store too):
508ef29769173b2c3a11e25f4b82d697591fae28.jpg

Big month so far:

Picked up and framed a couple Mondo posters:

RiBmw.jpg

The City of Lost Children. A personal favorite. Gorgeous print.

P3KXL.jpg

Jurassic Park Variant. #80/125. I need to get a better frame...

D8bIG.jpg

Detail shot.

sQypr.jpg

New Keyboard.

Vtzms.jpg

Fantastically clicky.

rDq3O.jpg

Very bright, even at its lowest setting.

eoJwR.jpg

And lastly, Community. I can finally watch it legally! Err... I mean...

zmet

Move Navigation Controller and Nintendo Points Card
mm5.jpg

Bought Super Hang On on the Wii Virutal Console and will use the other half of the points to buy Monster World IV

Loose Final Fight Tough
mm4.jpg

Amagon

Needed a new set of cans to replace my failing Koss Porta Pro's and ended up getting these XB500's in town, I'm actually impressed with overall sound quality and the bass is powerful & clean without sounding muddy.

IMG_20120506_085735.jpg
How's the noise leak/isolation if you don't mind me asking? Looking to get rid of my Beats by Dre Studios that I own for a couple years already. I like the bass and noise isolation but the headphones are too flat for me.

Whoa whoa whoa! Where did you get Spirited Away on Blu-ray? I didn't think anyone had even published it yet, Japan doesn't have it and I can't find any on Amazon UK or US.
Its the Blu-ray version released in Holland. Region B only and not English friendly.

tha_devil

How's the noise leak/isolation if you don't mind me asking? Looking to get rid of my Beats by Dre Studios that I own for a couple years already. I like the bass and noise isolation but the headphones are too flat for me.

Its the Blu-ray version released in Holland. Region B only and not English friendly.

Yup dutch release, anyways this release is crappy. Its pretty much just the dvd put on blu ray so very bad image quality. I didnt own the dvd, so i dont really mind. But i do wait for a proper release.

Chairhome

DQpnN.png

Been reminiscing lately about my teenager years and involvement in a major C64 warez group (days long gone but I miss you 80's) and wanted to replace my now long gone gear.

First I scored a Commodore 128D with no yellowing or anything, and the guy selling it didn't know anything about it (estate procurement) but when it arrived it was missing the keyboard.

Then I happened on someone selling a VIRGIN Commodore 128 and 1571 drive. They were in the original boxes with disks still sealed, original cable ties the whole ball of wax. They had been sitting in their boxes and wrapped in plastic somewhere for 25 years (mfg date 7/86).

Nice pickup! And thank you for your efforts as a teenager! Haha.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
DQpnN.png

Wow. Amazing pickup. Congrats.

Wow. The 2000 was already a huge step down in material/build quality compared to the 1000... but that thing looks almost like a PopStation. But for 50 quid, I guess that's not too bad.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Wow. The 2000 was already a huge step down in material/build quality compared to the 1000... but that thing looks almost like a PopStation. But for 50 quid, I guess that's not too bad.

Yeah, the 2000 feels cheap enough but the E1000 is literally Hong Kong-knockoff territory. Haha.

I quite like the extra thickness, though. And the screen is a bit nicer.

LiK

not a lot of games these past few weeks

Code of Princess+bonuses
CoP.jpg

SCROLL - great mag
2012-04-26_14-18-16_811.jpg

Portal Gun
portalgun1.jpg

Figures
2012-04-24_21-52-50_89.jpg

2012-04-23_20-14-10_209.jpg

2012-04-23_20-10-14_953.jpg

1/6 Scale

Iron Man
2012-04-20_17-38-34_933.jpg

2012-04-20_17-39-01_280.jpg

Keaton Batman
Untitled-3-1.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

BRS
Untitled-1-1.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Blu
2012-04-24_21-53-06_7.jpg

andylsun

DQpnN.png

So nice! Both my C64's are dead, but both my VIC-20's still work. I'd love to find a 1541 FDD and a working C64 again.

()_listerfeend_() where did you get the posters from ?

All the posters are from Mondo . My 'Brazil' and 'Hugo' posters (from a few months ago) I was able to score from the actual website, when they were on sale. These two I picked up on eBay.

I had an alert set up through the eBay app on my phone, and I always check when one of these come up. Luckily I found these two at really reasonable prices, and snagged them within 2 days of each other.

Top Bottom