• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Team Tournament #1!

Nabster92

He's been quoting my post on every page in the mariokart thread to get people in it and here it is.

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_sb

And for those too lazy to actually use an irc client. I think Blizzard said in the brawl thread this should work as well:

http://www.globalgamers.net/?p=webchat
use gaf_sb as the channel name.

And I hear of this chatzilla thing working as well in which to get to us you would type "/server irc.globalgamers.net" and then "/join #gaf_sb".

And this is a direct link to the web base version:

http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#GAF_SB
just type in your nick and you're set.

Pretty sure you can get on through pidgin as well if you happen to use that already.

edit: Direct link url fixed to go straight to it.

Nabster92

Dr.Hadji said:
Terrell Bros.
Dr. Hadji + Dr.Hadji (the Bros part of Bros.) BRAWL! 5327-0569-9068
Team Attack ON.

(If TA is off I'll make sure to pick the most annoying team combo ever just to spite you fools who think its a good idea to have it off).

Quoted for I shall do the same purposes.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Guys, some of the posts were lost on the last Database problem, so please re add your teams so I might add them to the OP.

Nabster92

hmm the posts don't seem to be LOST per se, but they only seem to show stuff beyond the first page in the post reply page. You just need to add

Karate Duo #1
NickP786 - 1848-1325-7530
Sureshot- 1633-3870-6644
Friendly Fire ON

Team Gay Pride
- Phantom Flapjack / Rimzy / 1891 0838 6258
- SS4Gogita / SS4 / 3952-6664-8021
Friendly Fire ON pls

They both actually voted friendly fire off sadly :(

Milabrega

I need to post a reply to see the rest of the thread since its halted at 50 posts since the DB error though I know theres more posts in here.

Crimmy

Count me in.

The Rocafella MPire
Crimmy (MPIRE) - 0087-1980-7768
Rocafella2k7 (Friend) (Evan) - 4210 3647 9975

Nabster92

BTW Crimmy forgot to mention he wants FF ON in his post.

Edit: Egad IT'S FIXED! Anyways, wanna just let dragonlife/spirit icana's team sign up and cut it off at a nice 16 relix?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nabster92 said:

Edit: Egad IT'S FIXED! Anyways, wanna just let dragonlife/spirit icana's team sign up and cut it off at a nice 16 relix?

Thank goodness, I was getting scared for a second

Nabster92

the first two i spoilered that they were really off but Crimmy really did say he was voting it on after i told him he could sign up before his partners account was accepted here.

Nabster92 said:

I just PM'ed Icana for his/her FC, so, we'll be ready to go once I receive his reply.

Might as well, start it now and fill it in later:

Team Dragon Spirit
- dragonlife29 / DRAGN / 1590 4362 4360
- Spirit Icana / ICANA / Will edit it in
Friendly Fire OFF

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Gonna be extending sign ups UNTIL MAY 17TH. I will be adding the brackets soon to see if we can start some games!

JCX

Relix said:
Gonna be extending sign ups UNTIL MAY 17TH. I will be adding the brackets soon to see if we can start some games!

why extend it? I think the tourney is pretty much set

also, "PIKA!" :D

Nabster92

Cyan said:
Not including you, the vote is 9 to 5 against FF.

Shhhh...I already convinced him first. So Relix how will this work out... is this exactness of 60% favor for off enough to overpower the all powerful coin toss?

Nabster92

This FF on agenda shall prevail regardless of improperly used English! The Swords of Liberty shall see to it personally...FOR JUSTICE!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Gonna hold on to see how many additional votes we receive but... I haven't yet voted =P. Not gonna count it anyway, but if it were for me, On would be the choice. I am adding the teams to the bracket, but will hold on a bit to release them to see if anyone else joins up. :D

Nabster92

Yea you should just cut it off now. It doesn't seem like we'd really get anyone else to join at this point anyways and not having to deal with bye's will make things things less of a hassle. Oh and just count your vote for FF to avoid this iffy 60% business.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Firestorm said:
Shouldn't you just cut it off now so we have an even bracket? The next sweetspot is 16 unless you wanna do byes.

Good point. I didn't notice I hadn't yet updated the OP so I had only 12 teams. True... 16 teams willa void the stupid Byes.

Gonna be adding the bracket and announcing the first stage. Seems like Friendly Fire will be off :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
/////////////

ROUND 1: DEADLINE MAY 20TH 2008

halberd-thumb.gif

Latest Bracket:

http://i31.tinypic.com/2wbw2mh.gif

FRIENDLY FIRE IS OFF.... this round =D. To keep things balanced, it will probably work like this:

Round 1 Off
Round 2 On
Round 3...

and so on. If you don't like the idea just tell me so I can throw this out of the window, but then FF would be Off FOREEEEEVER. I'll be donating some $$$ to see if I can get a prize to the winning team.

Teknoman

That would work nicely to mix things up I guess.

Anyway this means my team is up against the Hammer bros right? I suck at reading brackets.

Firestorm

Unless omega and truendo are online tonight after 10:30 Pacific, we aren't playing today. I won't be home 'til then. I should be free Thursday evening (but I believe Dreavus is busy then) and Friday morning+afternoon though. Busy Saturday. Dunno my schedule after that.

Teknoman said:
That would work nicely to mix things up I guess.

Anyway this means my team is up against the Hammer bros right? I suck at reading brackets.
Right. Now let's make it to the top of that winner's bracket, partner! :D

Teknoman

sonicspear64 said:
Right. Now let's make it to the top of that winner's bracket, partner! :D

:D Hammer bros are goin down!

I'll try and record/upload the replays if given the option to do so.

EDIT: Well isnt that a coincedence, I already had Manabanana registered in my list from back in the Brawl launch days. Better get some more practice in with the CPU difficulty turned up. Any preference on team color Sonic?

macho_grapple.JPG

I'm gonna bend ya, and I'm gonna twist ya, and I'm gonna snap ya! Because I'm the master of the ring! OOOOOH YEAH!

Looking forward to a good fight ;D

Teknoman

Manabanana said:
I'm gonna bend ya, and I'm gonna twist ya, and I'm gonna snap ya! Because I'm the master of the ring! OOOOOH YEAH!

Looking forward to a good fight ;D

23lei9w.png

Same here (b'_')b

Ready when you are :D

Teknoman

Oh and here's the quality that my replay videos will most likely have (make sure to click watch in high quality).

Probably should've turned the volume up, but I can fix that this time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7k0k_3bGOU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pYnd6NUCle0

(Manabanana you may remember this one. Not one of my best matches though)

Note: I really dont like the Landmaster :lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6p0AGfv30Cc
Lords of Thunder, but still a good example of whether its acceptable or not.

EDIT 2: Guess we should also probably use that SSBB/Mario Kart IRC when its match time.

Teknoman

Manabanana said:
Alright, tomorrow after 8PM CDT works for me and my bro. Same for Friday.

His smash tag is DJ btw, so let him join when we have our match :D

*ahem* OOOOOOH YEAH!

Edit:

Hey, I won!

Also - rotating friendly fire is a good idea, I think.

Well thats good for me too since im central as well. Now to just see if Sonicspear is ok with it.

dragonlife29 said:
I just PM'ed Icana for his/her FC, so, we'll be ready to go once I receive his reply.

Might as well, start it now and fill it in later:

Team Dragon Spirit
- dragonlife29 / DRAGN / 1590 4362 4360
- Spirit Icana / ICANA / 1976 9816 0018
Friendly Fire OFF
What joy; what luck! I still haven't heard from Icana yet, but I found his FC on a sticky-note in my messy room :lol I've filled in the FC in the quote, Relix :)

EDIT: Ooooh...I get to fight Jiggy and Canadian if Icana and I win...:D Here's hoping!
and dreading D:

Jiggy

At first I was happy to be as far away as possible from Droidex and Swords of Liberty, because between those teams they've got three people who basically always beat me one-on-one.

Then I saw dragonlife29 and Spirit Icana right above me. D: Edit: I don't know how Icana plays, but dragonlife is scary.

Oh, so FF is completely off, then? I kept thinking you had to rotate from on to off...unless it is?

It is off completely, right? Or am I confusing myself? Alleviate me, someone!

EDIT: I'm confused because it says "OFF" but then in the format it says "ON AND OFF" D:

Nabster92

dragonlife29 said:
Oh, so FF is completely off, then? I kept thinking you had to rotate from on to off...unless it is?

It is off completely, right? Or am I confusing myself? Alleviate me, someone!

EDIT: I'm confused because it says "OFF" but then in the format it says "ON AND OFF" D:

This round is off don't worry about it for now just keep it off. When round two starts(the second TEAM you play not second round of this first game) FF will be on and it will just alternate between rounds of the tournament.

Top Bottom