• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Team Tournament #1!

Jiggy

PK Sorry (Kirby, Lucas) over Karate Duo #1 (Lucas, Mario)
PK Sorry (Lucas, Pokemon Trainer) over Karate Duo #1 (Ike, Mario) on Yoshi's Island

JCX

Team MJ (pikachu, G&W) over Team Gay Pride (Ike, Ice Climbers)
Team MJ (pikachu, G&W) oveer Team Gay Pride ( Lucas, Ice climbers) on Onett

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ROUND 2: DEADLINE MAY 25TH 2008

yoshisisland-thumb.gif

Yoshi Island (new)

FRIENDLY FIRE IS ON. FF IS ON! ON!

To make sure FF was set on (I ama ware some people don't have this option), while waiting the 10 seconds for lag to clear out try attacking your teammate. If it works, good... if it doesn't, go back and try again. If FF was left OFF the matches WILL BE NULL, so make sure it's on.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Team Droidex vs. Swords of Liberty
Team Droidex vs. Swords of Liberty (Final Destination)
Team Droidex vs. Swords of Liberty (Smashville)

2-1. Longest game to ever setup lol.

Nabster92

Relix said:
I think it's also random =/. So everyone needs to have it on I think

It's not random its determined by the host as he is the only person that has the ability to set it in the first place, so don't listen to relix and hit your teammates to make your opponents think its not the real match yet.

JCX9 said:
Team MJ (pikachu, G&W) over Team Gay Pride (Ike, Ice Climbers)
Team MJ (pikachu, G&W) oveer Team Gay Pride ( Lucas, Ice climbers) on Onett

Alright MJ, when do you guys wanna rock? We're available tonight and tomorrow night after 8 CDT.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
World Ends with You and Team BC... GET THE GAME DONE ASAP! A random forfeit will take place decided by a Coin Toss. World Ends will be head, BC will be tails. So yeah, get it done =P

Milabrega

Manabanana said:
Alright MJ, when do you guys wanna rock? We're available tonight and tomorrow night after 8 CDT.

JCX and I will be in the IRC at 8 central, can you try and make it 8 on the dot? Wanna catch Detroit/Boston game.

truendo

Relix said:
World Ends with You and Team BC... GET THE GAME DONE ASAP! A random forfeit will take place decided by a Coin Toss. World Ends will be head, BC will be tails. So yeah, get it done =P
All of us are ready right now except Dreavus... Arghh.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Part of the reason I was hesitant to enter this tournament is the fact that it can be difficult to sucessfully co-ordinate the disparate schedules of four people. To say nothing of the forever broken online, which made the match that Jiggy and I fought against Karate Duo #1 much more aggravating to get going than it otherwise would have been.

I also think that it makes no sense to jump back and forth between Friendly Fire being on and off instead of settling on one, but I understand that this isn't the place for that debate. >_>

Teknoman

Yeah...the online code in Brawl makes no sense. Some people nearby I have incredible lag with, however some people far away, its picture perfect. Not always the case, but strange all the same.

Especially since Mario kart Wii...which was not super hyped, has near lagless play no matter what.

JCX

The Hammer Bros (lucas, ike) over Team MJ (Pikachu, G&W)
Team MJ (Pikachu, G&W) over The Hammer Bros(lucas, ike) on Halberd
Team MJ (pikachu, pit) over The Hammer Bros(lucas, ike) on battlefield

very, very close. GGs

Jiggy

I have to admit: given my opinion of Brawl by now and how it's kind of diminishing with each day, it's a good thing I abandoned my original plan of hyping the game itself in that Record of Dojo War thread and stuck to hyping the Dojo, Sakurai's ambitions, and the concept of Brawl. I think I actually enjoyed anticipating the game a bit more than I do playing the game, which is making me sad. D:

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I have to admit: given my opinion of Brawl by now and how it's kind of diminishing with each day, it's a good thing I abandoned my original plan of hyping the game itself in that Record of Dojo War thread and stuck to hyping the Dojo, Sakurai's ambitions, and the concept of Brawl. I think I actually enjoyed anticipating the game a bit more than I do playing the game, which is making me sad. D:

The Brawl honeymoon is over. D:

Seriously, I think a lot of the blame for that has to go towards the overhyping of this game originally. Now, I really did enjoy the wait for this game, the rampant speculation and the traded predictions of how awesome the game was going to be. I think it's been a bit of a delayed reaction; now the flaws are starting to become apparent (I mean, aside from the flaws in the online game, which were pretty apparent from day one. >_>). Brawl is still one of my favourite Wii games (not that it has a lot of competition) and I enjoy it more than the original Smash Bros. or Melee; but it's definitely not perfect. The lack of real hitstun hurts the game, there are a variety of chaingrabs and broken techniques, Subspace has its problems; and these flaws diminish the "luster" Brawl had before its release.

At this point, I see Brawl as a good game, albeit with its fair share of problems. It's no longer "game of the forever".
Earthbound is. :p

Jiggy

Yeah, I'm not getting into it any further in this particular thread, but if we ever have a post-mortem discussion thread, I'm gonna have some mean things to say. And I wish it wasn't that way. :(

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, I'm not getting into it any further in this particular thread, but if we ever have a post-mortem discussion thread, I'm gonna have some mean things to say. And I wish it wasn't that way. :(
Just leave Yoshi out of the "mean things" circle :(

Jiggy

I will. :p
Yoshi should have been buffed even more, though. :( But that's too minor an issue to complain about.

Anyway, back on topic. :D When are you and Icana going to be available for our match, anyway? <_<

Firestorm

It's still my GotF for offline play. I just wish I wasn't so busy so I could play it as much as I did Melee :lol Oh well, another tournament this Saturday. Should be fun.

truendo, I'll be online at about 6:30PM tomorrow.

Jiggy

But even offline play is still marred by all the-- Oh, never mind. Waiting for a thread where Brawl criticism becomes officially accepted, as it went with Galaxy. :D

Edit: I wonder why it hasn't happened yet. The thread about what's wrong with GTA showed up straight away.

Dr.Hadji

Iam Canadian said:
The lack of real hitstun hurts the game, there are a variety of chaingrabs and broken techniques, Subspace has its problems; and these flaws diminish the "luster" Brawl had before its release.

Eh not really. I don't care what game it is, combos aren't fun when you're in them. I like being pressured more than being auto-owned.

Iam Canadian

Dr.Hadji said:
Eh not really. I don't care what game it is, combos aren't fun when you're in them. I like being pressured more than being auto-owned.

I'm not really fond of inescapable combos either, but I think the hitstun (or lack thereof) goes too far to the other extreme in Brawl. I generally agree with that excellent post by AlphaZealot on Smashboards in that landing a combo is more satisfying when the opponent is reacting every step of the way, but the hitstun makes it extremely hard to land consecutive attacks. Some kind of balance between Brawl and Melee could be struck.

Then again, considering the Ness and Lucas chaingrab debacle and my own preference for those characters, maybe I shouldn't be talking. >_> (Though I did some experimenting and I think you can DI out of Marth's chaingrab.)

Jiggy37 said:
The thread about what's wrong with GTA showed up straight away.

I could take a shot at GTA IV here, but it's too easy.

I'll see when Icana is up for it--I just messaged him.

Also, Jiggy--
forgive me for sending you a MKWii invite :p I don't know if you even have the game, so, oops :p

Jiggy, Canadian--how does 2PM PST sound for our match? Is that good? Also, tell me your stage choice (Me and my teammate haven't decided :p)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Team BC and Team World ends With You... tonight is the last chance. If not... Coin Toss it will be.

Teknoman said:
Alright time to organize a match between Team Teknospear and Team Gay Pride.

Are you guys available to play tonight? If not, what's a good time tomorrow?

Edit: If we do it tonight, it'll have to be either before 7pm PDT or super late, like after 12

Teknoman

Phantom Flapjack said:
Are you guys available to play tonight? If not, what's a good time tomorrow?

Edit: If we do it tonight, it'll have to be either before 7pm PDT or super late, like after 12

Well I havent been in contact with Sonicspear since the first match, but we might have to wait till next week.

Teknoman said:
Well I havent been in contact with Sonicspear since the first match, but we might have to wait till next week.
I'm free the rest of the weekend. Sorry about not posting again in here sooner, I've had a real crazy week!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
truendo said:
two out of three?

Only one coin toss... if that's what you meant. One toss to rule them all. One coin to bind them in darkness. Had to keep the tourney moving =P Now you have your opponents, FIGHT EEEEM

Jiggy

dragonlife29 said:
Jiggy, Canadian--how does 2PM PST sound for our match? Is that good? Also, tell me your stage choice (Me and my teammate haven't decided :p)
I haven't seen Canadian around lately at all. D: I could manage this on a weekend, but I'm not sure about him... <_<

Jiggy37 said:
I haven't seen Canadian around lately at all. D: I could manage this on a weekend, but I'm not sure about him... <_<
That's not good...

Well, when you see him around, please contact me. Icana can do it after 1PM EST, and I can do it whenever we have to.

Is it possible to get my round 3 match done by tomorrow night? Otherwise I'd have to take my Wii with me when I leave for a bit, and I'd rather not babysit that thing all summer :p Assuming I'll lose to The Hadjis or anyone that can beat them, of course.

Top Bottom