• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Team Tournament #1!

Ah yes, tomorrow is the deadline! So since TWEWY and the Terell Bros. will be playing anyway, we could just keep the pain train rolling and we'll face the winner of that right afterwards! I hope.

Teknoman

sonicspear64 said:
I'm free the rest of the weekend. Sorry about not posting again in here sooner, I've had a real crazy week!

No problem Im good for tomorrow then. Now to see if the rest are.

Spirit Icana said:
IamCanadian, tomorrow is the round 2 deadline. Anytime today or tomorrow works for me and dragon.
Yeah, come on, Canadian D: We're all waiting for you :(

I do NOT want Icana and I's win/loss to be determined by a luck-based coin toss, especially after we've been hounding you guys for our match D:

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
dragonlife29 said:
Yeah, come on, Canadian D: We're all waiting for you :(

I do NOT want Icana and I's win/loss to be determined by a luck-based coin toss, especially after we've been hounding you guys for our match D:

If that's the case you guys win by forfeit, not a coin toss =).

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Sorry, Icana and dragon. I've been busy with work and such. Fortunately, the entire weekend is free for me, so I'm ready whenever you guys and Jiggy are.

truendo

ROUND TWO
Team The World Ends With You VS. Terell Bros.

Team Terell Bros. forfeited.
Team The World Ends With You wins.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ONLY ONE DAY REMAINS:

Team Yup Boom vs. Team Truffles
Gay Pride vs. Teknospear
Dragon Spirit vs. PK Sorry
Venture vs. Karate Duo

So, get on it guys... or fear DA COIN!

All right! Now we're getting somewhere!

We will have our match at 1PM PST (3PM CST, 4PM EST), and I will host if that's all right with you guys. Hopefully the time is suitable for you as well.

Icana and I will be Green Team, and if we lose, we want Shadow Moses Island as our stage; let us know yours as well.

Jiggy

Luigi's Mansion, says we. We are red, in the spirit of the original Japanese Pokemon games; the epic shall begin.

truendo said:
ROUND TWO
Team The World Ends With You VS. Terell Bros.

Team Terell Bros. forfeited.
Team The World Ends With You wins.

Alright TWEWY, do you think we could get the match done today? Around 8pm CDT?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Relix said:
ONLY ONE DAY REMAINS:

Team Yup Boom vs. Team Truffles
Gay Pride vs. Teknospear
Dragon Spirit vs. PK Sorry
Venture vs. Karate Duo

So, get on it guys... or fear DA COIN!

If Team Venture loses by coin because the other team never tried to contact us back... :\

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ICallItFutile said:
If Team Venture loses by coin because the other team never tried to contact us back... :\

In this case you guys would win because you were actively looking for a match more so than the other team.

Iam Canadian

Round Two
Team PK Sorry (R.O.B, R.O.B; Marth, King Dedede) over Team Dragon Spirit (Link, Link; Yoshi, Link) on Yoshi's Island and Shadow Moses Island

Great games, Dragon and Icana!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Relix said:
In this case you guys would win because you were actively looking for a match more so than the other team.

They contacted me earlier; they have forfeited due to one member not being able to connect online.

Gay Pride showed Teknospear what gay pride is all about!

Match 1:
Gay Pride (Ness, Lucas) over Teknospear (Ness, Link) on Yoshi's Island

Match 2:
Gay Pride (Ness, Lucas) over Teknospear (Snake, Ike) on Spear Pillar

Teknoman

Phantom Flapjack said:
Gay Pride showed Teknospear what gay pride is all about!

Match 1:
Gay Pride (Ness, Lucas) over Teknospear (Ness, Link) on Yoshi's Island

Match 2:
Gay Pride (Ness, Lucas) over Teknospear (Snake, Ike) on Spear Pillar

sean-end-sf311.png

i'll be back next tournament and even better! :lol But seriously I thought we were going to win that second one at the end. Sonicspear64 started to really throwdown with Ike, but that damn Cresellia was too dangerous.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Round Two
Team PK Sorry (R.O.B, R.O.B; Marth, King Dedede) over Team Dragon Spirit (Link, Link; Yoshi, Link) on Yoshi's Island and Shadow Moses Island

Great games, Dragon and Icana!
Just to be clear, I was the Marth and King Dedede. :D Since I've also played Kirby and Pokemon Trainer, thus far I've upheld my fine tradition of never using the same character more than once. Don't know if it'll actually last this time around since we're in teams and there are fewer characters I'd take a chance on, but yeah.

Jiggy

Wat. D: You guys shouldn't feel humiliated. They were all incredibly close matches (including that first screwup where we had three people as red :lol) and nobody even got two-stocked, which is saying something in a four-stock game.

Edit: And you guys were using, like, Link and Yoshi instead of Marth and R.O.B. and King Dedede. Instant respect for the underappreciated characters!

Iam Canadian

Jiggy's right. You guys put up a really good fight and they were close matches from start to finish. All of them could literally gone either way right to the end.

Besides, considering the characters you used, you did extremely well. >_>

Edit: I wrote that second line before seeing Jiggy's edit, I swear. >_>

Thanks, guys. I've never had my heart race in Brawl before, but that last match on SMI was so...ARGH! XD Pressure...:D

Yup Boom, me and Icana want to do our match as quickly as possible, so hopefully you guys can do it today at, maybe, 5PM PST? If not, let me know.

Cyan said:
Dragonlife, spirit- My roommate's not back from work yet, but he should be back soon. I'll be on IRC.

What's your stage?

I hope dragon shows up. He was okay with the time from what he told me.

truendo

Manabanana said:
Hrmm, I guess I'll sign up. I'm leaving at the end of the month, so if I'm not eliminated by then I might have to drop out:( If more than 32 teams sign up, you can drop me/use me as a sub.

1. The Hammer Brothers
2. Manabanana + Manabanana's Brother
3) Colin/1676-3361-2017 + DJ/????(I'll update this later)
4) Friendly Fire: Off

stop-hammer-time.jpg

Since he's not responding does this mean we advance?

truendo said:
Since he's not responding does this mean we advance?

He forefited so naturally your team moves on. Manabanana is real good so consider yourself lucky. :p

And dragon is nowhere to be seen. :(

Iam Canadian

Round 3

Team PK Sorry! (CNDN: R.O.B, R.O.B, R.O.B; Jiggy: Luigi, R.O.B, Diddy Kong) over Team MJ (Mila: Mr. Game and Watch, Mr. Game and Watch, Pit; JCX: Pikachu, Pikachu, Pikachu) on Corneria, Luigi's Mansion, Smashville.

The most intense matches yet. Luckily, our secret weapon pulled through. :D

Nabster92

WE HAVE MOVED TO A IRC CHANNEL WE HAVE POWAH OVER.

So join the new room now instead of #gaf_sb.

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_wfc

And for those too lazy to actually use an irc client

http://www.globalgamers.net/?p=webchat
use gaf_wfc as the channel name.

And I hear of this chatzilla thing working as well in which to get to us you would type "/server irc.globalgamers.net" and then "/join #gaf_wfc".

And this is a direct link to the web base version:

http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#GAF_WFC
just type in your nick and you're set.

Pretty sure you can get on through pidgin as well if you happen to use that already.

COME WELCOME YOUR NEW IRC OVERLORDS!

Firestorm

Nabster92 said:
WE HAVE MOVED TO A IRC CHANNEL WE HAVE POWAH OVER.

So join the new room now instead of #gaf_sb.

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_wfc

And for those too lazy to actually use an irc client

http://www.globalgamers.net/?p=webchat
use gaf_wfc as the channel name.

And I hear of this chatzilla thing working as well in which to get to us you would type "/server irc.globalgamers.net" and then "/join #gaf_wfc".

And this is a direct link to the web base version:

http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#GAF_WFC
just type in your nick and you're set.

Pretty sure you can get on through pidgin as well if you happen to use that already.

COME WELCOME YOUR NEW IRC OVERLORDS!
Tutorial for mIRC:
http://www.smogon.com/irc/mirc_tutorial
Replace irc.dejatoons.net with irc.globalgamers.net and #smogon with #gaf_wfc

JCX

Milabrega said:
Secret Weapon was like whoa! BTW I used G&W in the first round not Pit. I had used Pit in the warm up and the third round.

Secret weapon is against the Geneva conventions.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
The most intense matches yet. Luckily, our secret weapon pulled through.
Hmm... I think I'd put the second match with Dragon Spirit slightly over these, but this was the most intense set overall, and the first and third matches were definitely something to behold. :O It looked to me like each was pretty much decided by a ~60% self-destruct that the team couldn't recover from--my mistiming on Luigi's tornado wouldn't let me come back on Corneria, while JCX missed a Quick Attack on Smashville.

Iam Canadian

Milabrega said:
Secret Weapon was like whoa! BTW I used G&W in the first round not Pit. I had used Pit in the warm up and the third round.

Duly noted, and fixed.

Jiggy37 said:
Hmm... I think I'd put the second match with Dragon Spirit slightly over these[...]

Yeah, you're probably right, but this was definitely the most intense round overall.

Not to disparage any other team we've faced, of course. :)

Top Bottom