• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Team Tournament #1!

Crimmy

I hate it how Im a decent player but such a noob to this game.

Dont laugh but........how do you switch between friendly fire?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy said:

Give to me your "Champion" title please.

I don't remember >_>

Teknoman said:
Well thats good for me too since im central as well. Now to just see if Sonicspear is ok with it.
I'm eastern but it's not that much of a problem. We can have the match tonight or tomorrow. Anytime is good for me.

Nabster92

Crimmy said:

Don't worry about it for this round as it's already set to off by default, but when you do need to change it you have to have unlocked the "more rules" section where it should be listed.

sonicspear64 said:
I'm eastern but it's not that much of a problem. We can have the match tonight or tomorrow. Anytime is good for me.

Alright, let's do it tonight. So around 8 for me and Tek, 9 for you and my bro. I'll be in the IRC room around then.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Team Venture vs Team Dragon Spirit

Round one (Halberd): Team Dragon Spirit (Yoshi, Link) over Team Venture (Ike, Toon Link)
Round two (Smashville): Team Dragon Spirit (Yoshi, Link) over Team Venture (Ike, Toon Link)

It was a good game, but we got dominated. :(

250px-Hank85.jpg

Teknoman

I might be 10-20 minutes late if things go unplanned. Gotta go do something, and might not make it back before 8 or exactly at 8, but I will show up.

Then again, I might make it back early...so just putting it out there.

Teknoman said:
I might be 10-20 minutes late if things go unplanned. Gotta go do something, and might not make it back before 8 or exactly at 8, but I will show up.

Then again, I might make it back early...so just putting it out there.

You guys almost readay? SonicSpear, I saw you in IRC a bit ago. You still around?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Team Droidex (Luigi, Wario) over Team Yup Boom (Pikachu, Peach)
Team Droidex (Luigi, DK) over Team Yup Boom (Pikachu, King Dededee) in Yoshi Island.

GGs =D. By the way guys, I recommend that before starting matches you wait a few seconds for the lag to clear out and then begin. Gonna be updating the brackets tomorrow, so get those games done!! :D

Teknoman

Damn Mana and his brother's Ike :lol

Results time:

Match 1

Stage: Halberd
Teknoman - Link
Sonicspear 64 - Ness
VS
Manabanana - Lucas
Mana's bro DJ - Ike

Result: Team Hammer bros win!

Match 2

Stage: Lylat Cruise
Teknoman - Lucario
Sonicspear 64- Ness
VS
Manabanana - Lucas
Mana's bro DJ - Ike

Result: Team Hammer bros win!

*I really have to stop trying to dodge and smash Ike*

Got a little bit of lag during the fight, but nothing too major.

Good games, Team Teknospear! We both had some lag as well. It threw off my PK thunders, but nothing major. Good luck in the next round!

Teknoman

Manabanana said:
Good games, Team Teknospear! We both had some lag as well. It threw off my PK thunders, but nothing major. Good luck in the next round!

That match would've been insane with friendly fire on though. Especially at the points where we all got bunched up in the same spot :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Updated the Bracket:

http://i28.tinypic.com/rgwjvb.gif

Round 2 will begin this Saturday, 17th. Remember, Round 1 ends the 20th. I will be quite strict with the time limit, unless there's an extraordinary excuse. If by 20 there are missing games I might call a substitute team, if none available then a random forfeit or the one who showed interest and was asking for the fight. If it was a scheduling problem it's understandable, but even then I will be strict =P. The Singles lasting 2 months gave me a nightmare.

Alright, Team MJ, when are you guys good to play? Gogita's going out of town to the Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival and won't be available to play for a couple of days. Sunday night and Monday night are good, or anytime on the 20th.

JCX

Phantom Flapjack said:
Alright, Team MJ, when are you guys good to play? Gogita's going out of town to the Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival and won't be available to play for a couple of days. Sunday night and Monday night are good, or anytime on the 20th.

I haven't seen Mila in the irc for a few days, but sunday or monday night work fine for me.

Firestorm

The Singles tournament took two months more because it had 128 entrants than because of delays. It got delayed maybe 10 days in total. If I gave about 72 hours for each match as I originally planned, we'd have been done in 45 days. It took 55 days.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Firestorm said:
The Singles tournament took two months more because it had 128 entrants than because of delays. It got delayed maybe 10 days in total. If I gave about 72 hours for each match as I originally planned, we'd have been done in 45 days. It took 55 days.

It still lasted a fucking lot, admit it :lol . Also, organizing 4 people to be available for one match is hellish, plus the lag gets worse.

Milabrega

JCX9 said:
I haven't seen Mila in the irc for a few days, but sunday or monday night work fine for me.

Sunday Night and Monday are fine for me, I'm graduating so won't be around much at all this weekend.

Jiggy

Not sure if we're supposed to give updates before a match has even happened, but PK Sorry vs. Karate Duo #1 should be set for Monday. Pretty much for the same reason as Milabrega: one person out of these four is graduating this weekend. <_<

Jiggy37 said:
Not sure if we're supposed to give updates before a match has even happened, but PK Sorry vs. Karate Duo #1 should be set for Monday. Pretty much for the same reason as Milabrega: one person out of these four is graduating this weekend. <_<
Holy crap...now I feel like an ass for assuming you had already won :lol *looks at bracket* Well, good luck regardless.

I'm expecting you ;) But if it comes to pass, it will be an epic match...it's like fighting a friend to the death D:

truendo

Firestorm and Dreavous, when will you guys be ready? Omega's account hasn't been approved for GAF yet so he's limited to the IRC.

Firestorm

truendo said:
Firestorm and Dreavous, when will you guys be ready? Omega's account hasn't been approved for GAF yet so he's limited to the IRC.

I'm home now. Don't know about Dreavus. I don't see him on MSN.

Jiggy

dragonlife29 said:
Holy crap...now I feel like an ass for assuming you had already won :lol *looks at bracket* Well, good luck regardless.

I'm expecting you ;) But if it comes to pass, it will be an epic match...it's like fighting a friend to the death D:
Canadian and I have been having serious issues actually getting our teamwork going, so it's more in question than it would normally be. :lol Then again, perhaps it just seems that way because our only practice as a team has been against Nabster and yeb. I'm not sure where they stand in relation to our resident Canadian, but Nabster's far ahead of me and yeb's slightly ahead of me.

truendo

It's kind of hard to get 4 people to find a time when we can fight. I hope we can get our fight done soon. It's harder for us because Omega is just limited to the IRC because his GAF account isn't approved yet.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Canadian and I have been having serious issues actually getting our teamwork going, so it's more in question than it would normally be. :lol Then again, perhaps it just seems that way because our only practice as a team has been against Nabster and yeb. I'm not sure where they stand in relation to our resident Canadian, but Nabster's far ahead of me and yeb's slightly ahead of me.

Nabster is way out of my league. Try as I might, I just can't touch his Marth, with the range granted by his glorified letter-opener. Yeb I can take on a good day, but it's always a competitive match.

I haven't been around much in the last couple of days, but I assure Jiggy that I will be around tomorrow. :)

Crimmy

Dr,Hadji, can you and your partner play tonight? Dunno if you've been away from the comp but Ive sent 3 PMS already. Or maybe the system is busted [as usual]. Let me know because my partner will be on all night til 4am eastern time tomorrow.

Top Bottom