• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official "DRIVECLUB" Club & Event Thread

juicyb

If anyone is interested in joining a club, friend jb4444 on PSN! I'm currently addicted to the game and our club has 3 open spots.

TheBear

Alright so, sorry for not posting in a while, but we will only use the clubs in the club hub for season 1. All other clubs are not allowed into season 1. Their fault for not getting back to me. Also those who have changes to their clubs I will get to ya. Update probably this evening!

When will Season 1 start?

Kinan

Finally was able to connect to servers on the weekend and joined the club. Made one multiplayer race, tried 2 more but got disconnected two times and then lost connection to servers completely. No luck yesterday evening as well. Hope they sort out thing until this weekend, game would be ten times better with all the online features. :/

P.S. Driving with a controller sucks. :p

Spades

DRIVECLUB GAF Cup:

Information from Update 5: "Yet another thing, and possibly the most fun thing we decided, was the "DRIVECLUB" Gaf Cup. This Cup will be structured like the FIFA World Cup in that your club will have to qualify, and that your club may play clubs that are halfway across the world. More details on this to come."

So I'm really interested in joining this but it seems I missed the boat as far as the GAF clubs go. Is there a waiting list or reserve list or something for the current clubs that I can join?

GAF: Spades
PSN: Block-Mate
Region: EU, UK

UPDATE: So. The time has come. Driveclub is out and that means that the Official NeoGAF Driveclub League is about to begin. First off, I just want to confirm that those in the Club Hub as of this post are locked in to Season 1 of the League and no one else will be able to enter until Season 2. SO the next step in this league is to have try-outs ASAP. I do believe that we can start try-outs this week starting on October 14th-Week AFTER PS+ Version comes out. Here’s some info on the try-outs.

Try-Outs: This is for some information on how and why we are going to have tryouts. 1st of all this is so we have equal skilled people in the same divisions. We are doing this by skill level, and therefore we need 2 track times. Us leaders will be discussing which 2 tracks we want time trials to be located on and we will have that to you by today. 1 will be a circuit and one will be point to point, both with the AUDI R8 V10 Plus. I will PM you guys (leaders) about this as soon as this goes up. So, what I want from you is to have your best racer from each club and have him or her do as many time trials as you want to get your best possible time. Then you will post your information EXACTLY like this:

[Club Name]
[Fastest Time and Picture on the P2P Race]
[Fastest Time and Picture on the Circuit Race]

Tracks:

Munnar Rally Time Trial (India)
Skno Version 1 (Norway)

Now, what I would recommend is having your whole team go at it, and get all of our scores and pick the highest one. That is perfectly allowed and even if it wasn’t how would anybody have been able to tell. Try-Outs go live as soon as I post this so get your engines ready.

AndyD

aka andydumi
UPDATE: So. The time has come. Driveclub is out and that means that the Official NeoGAF Driveclub League is about to begin. First off, I just want to confirm that those in the Club Hub as of this post are locked in to Season 1 of the League and no one else will be able to enter until Season 2. SO the next step in this league is to have try-outs ASAP. I do believe that we can start try-outs this week starting on October 14th-October 20th. Here’s some info on the try-outs.

Try-Outs: This is for some information on how and why we are going to have tryouts. 1st of all this is so we have equal skilled people in the same divisions. We are doing this by skill level, and therefore we need 2 track times. Us leaders will be discussing which 2 tracks we want time trials to be located on and we will have that to you by today. 1 will be a circuit and one will be point to point. I will PM you guys (leaders) about this as soon as this goes up. So, what I want from you is to have your best racer from each club and have him or her do as many time trials as you want to get your best possible time. Then you will post your information EXACTLY like this:

[Club Name]
[Fastest Time on the P2P Race]
[Fastest Time on the Circuit Race]

Now, what I would recommend is having your whole team go at it, and get all of our scores and pick the highest one. That is perfectly allowed and even if it wasn’t how would anybody have been able to tell. Try-Outs go live as soon as I post this so get your engines ready.

Still seems a little premature as not everyone is able to get on servers properly. In the whole past week I only managed to get on the server last night for about 15 minutes. And I have avoided playing SP so I can contribute my score to the club. As a result, several of us in the club are very low level and the club is as well.

I would wait at least a couple more weeks so everyone can get fully on and acclimated before having competitions.

That said, you may also want to specify a car on the tracks you pick, so it's truly equalized and not dependent on car unlocks.

MadD4mon

UPDATE: So. The time has come. Driveclub is out and that means that the Official NeoGAF Driveclub League is about to begin. First off, I just want to confirm that those in the Club Hub as of this post are locked in to Season 1 of the League and no one else will be able to enter until Season 2. SO the next step in this league is to have try-outs ASAP. I do believe that we can start try-outs this week starting on October 14th-October 20th. Here’s some info on the try-outs.

Try-Outs: This is for some information on how and why we are going to have tryouts. 1st of all this is so we have equal skilled people in the same divisions. We are doing this by skill level, and therefore we need 2 track times. Us leaders will be discussing which 2 tracks we want time trials to be located on and we will have that to you by today. 1 will be a circuit and one will be point to point. I will PM you guys (leaders) about this as soon as this goes up. So, what I want from you is to have your best racer from each club and have him or her do as many time trials as you want to get your best possible time. Then you will post your information EXACTLY like this:

[Club Name]
[Fastest Time on the P2P Race]
[Fastest Time on the Circuit Race]

Should we also post screenshots as proof?

Kodros

Finally got my club created. If you are a free agent and looking for a club, send a PSN message to Kodros. I typically play nights after 8PM PST. It's not a hardcore club so I don't require you to play every night or crap like that. Only requirement is to not be a douchebag =)

Still seems a little premature as not everyone is able to get on servers properly. In the whole past week I only managed to get on the server last night for about 15 minutes. And I have avoided playing SP so I can contribute my score to the club. As a result, several of us in the club are very low level and the club is as well.

I would wait at least a couple more weeks so everyone can get fully on and acclimated before having competitions.

That said, you may also want to specify a car on the tracks you pick, so it's truly equalized and not dependent on car unlocks.

I don't see the problem with this because this can all be done online. I will pick a car you must use though, so that is a very good point, thank you for bringing it up.

Car deal is done, AUDI R8 V10 Plus.

0mz67.gif

TheBear

I don't see the problem with this because this can all be done online. I will pick a car you must use though, so that is a very good point, thank you for bringing it up.

Car deal is done, AUDI R8 V10 Plus.

Half my club isn't active as they are waiting on the PS+ version.
Shouldn't we wait for those people too?

Question. For those in clubs participating in the events that are only getting the PS+ version, does that mean we are limited to only racing on India tracks? How does this work?

viveks86

Question. For those in clubs participating in the events that are only getting the PS+ version, does that mean we are limited to only racing on India tracks? How does this work?

Good point. We can do this for the try outs. But it makes no sense beyond that. If you want to be part of a league, you need the full game. Unless you plan to attempt only those events that involve India.

nakedeyes

Banned
Hey guys! Hoping I can get in on a GAF Drive Club! Great finally being able to connect after a week of not being able to :)

GAF name: nakedeyes
PSN ID: psmashio

tgoalves

Neo Member
Very late to the party, just got the game and I'm looking for a club.

GAF: tgoalves
PSN: tgoalves
Region: US PSN account, but I'm in South America (GMT -3)

Skii

It seems like I can finally play online now. Servers still seem a bit iffy but I should be able to join a club.

PSN ID: kashif_786

I'm from the UK and I'm able to play on the weekends definitely and some week days.
I've added a couple of people looking for members for their clubs but I'd ideally like to join one with members from UK/EU as it'll be easier to play at similar times.

viveks86

UPDATE: So. The time has come. Driveclub is out and that means that the Official NeoGAF Driveclub League is about to begin. First off, I just want to confirm that those in the Club Hub as of this post are locked in to Season 1 of the League and no one else will be able to enter until Season 2. SO the next step in this league is to have try-outs ASAP. I do believe that we can start try-outs this week starting on October 14th-Week AFTER PS+ Version comes out. Here’s some info on the try-outs.

Try-Outs: This is for some information on how and why we are going to have tryouts. 1st of all this is so we have equal skilled people in the same divisions. We are doing this by skill level, and therefore we need 2 track times. Us leaders will be discussing which 2 tracks we want time trials to be located on and we will have that to you by today. 1 will be a circuit and one will be point to point, both with the AUDI R8 V10 Plus. I will PM you guys (leaders) about this as soon as this goes up. So, what I want from you is to have your best racer from each club and have him or her do as many time trials as you want to get your best possible time. Then you will post your information EXACTLY like this:

[Club Name]
[Fastest Time and Picture on the P2P Race]
[Fastest Time and Picture on the Circuit Race]

Yo, Edge. Assuming the tryouts are starting after they fix the online situation, there is no need for this manual effort. The game is already designed to facilitate this automatically. Here's what I propose:

• One of the leaders (3 of you IIRC) should complete the P2P/Circuit in Drift/Race/Timetrial with the predetermined car, time of day, cloud cover etc
  • Send that out as a 'club challenge' to all registered clubs
  • Clubs are free to attempt the challenge for whatever duration/attempts you dictate. This can be set as a rule on the 'create challenge' screen IIRC.
  • The club leaderboard gets updated automatically whenever any member posts the best score/time for the club. This eliminates any manual work for the clubs to coordinate the effort, nominate players, rank results, upload screenshots etc
  • This also eliminates the need for you to manually rank clubs and determine cut offs. The game does that for you through the leaderboards

Let me know your thoughts.

Yo, Edge. Assuming the tryouts are starting after they fix the online situation, there is no need for this manual effort. The game is already designed to facilitate this automatically. Here's what I propose:

• One of the leaders (3 of you IIRC) should complete the P2P/Circuit in Drift/Race/Timetrial with the predetermined car, time of day, cloud cover etc
  • Send that out as a 'club challenge' to all registered clubs
  • Clubs are free to attempt the challenge for whatever duration/attempts you dictate. This can be set as a rule on the create challenge screen IIRC.
  • The club leaderboard gets updated automatically whenever anyone from the club posts the best score/time for the club. This eliminates any manual work for the clubs to coordinate the effort, upload screenshots etc
  • This also eliminates the need for you to rank clubs and determine cut offs. The game does that for you through the leaderboards

Let me know your thoughts.

oooooooh. I like this.....interesting. So you propose those that we use the challenges to do these tryouts? I do like that, a lot, but the only problem I have with that is that we are going to have to send the challenge to EVERY single club and are the challenges even up and running yet XD Trust me that is actually a good idea, but I think it would be good for those can't connect to the internet then they can still try-out by using the Time Trials section for single player. That's what I was thinking while I was typing it.

HERE IS THE SEASON 1 ROSTER:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bDVOYXzQdDoX6c3ytAf6bv_oF7FhLkKO20BTWCsUZZY/edit?usp=sharing

Will be updated standing wise after try-outs.

viveks86

oooooooh. I like this.....interesting. So you propose those that we use the challenges to do these tryouts? I do like that, a lot, but the only problem I have with that is that we are going to have to send the challenge to EVERY single club and are the challenges even up and running yet XD Trust me that is actually a good idea, but I think it would be good for those can't connect to the internet then they can still try-out by using the Time Trials section for single player. That's what I was thinking while I was typing it.

HERE IS THE SEASON 1 ROSTER:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bDVOYXzQdDoX6c3ytAf6bv_oF7FhLkKO20BTWCsUZZY/edit?usp=sharing

Will be updated standing wise after try-outs.

Yeah the challenges are disabled due to the online problems. But since we are waiting till the PS+ version is out, it is very likely that we won't start the tryouts until the problems are resolved.

There are ways to tackle the issue with having to send it out to every club. There are 3 of you already, so you need to select, say, 10 clubs each? You can further distribute that by nominating one club per zone to forward the challenge to every club in that zone.

The league will fail to scale if people aren't online to even accept a challenge. So we need to make the assumption that all this will work. If they don't fix online, we are dead in the water anyway. Everyone will get tired of sifting through pages and pages of screenshots.

Yeah the challenges are disabled due to the online problems. But since we are waiting till the PS+ version is out, it is very likely that we won't start the tryouts until the problems are resolved.

There are ways to tackle the issue with having to send it out to every club. There are 3 of you already, so you need to select, say, 10 clubs each? You can further distribute that by nominating one club per zone to forward the challenge to every club in that zone.

The league will fail to scale if people aren't online to even accept a challenge. So we need to make the assumption that all this will work. If they don't fix online, we are dead in the water anyway. Everyone will get tired of sifting through pages and pages of screenshots.

Try-Outs have started and they go all the way until 1 week after the PS+ Edition comes out. Gives everyone plenty of time to have 1 member of their team do the Trial and P2P Race and get me their pictures with the time.

viveks86

Try-Outs have started and they go all the way until 1 week after the PS+ Edition comes out. Gives everyone plenty of time to have 1 member of their team do the Trial and P2P Race and get me their pictures with the time.

If the plan is to follow this format only for the tryouts, I'm okay with that. I was thinking long term.

TMC

How was the season 1 roster determined? Was it random or first come first serve? Just want to make sure I didn't forget to do something to miss the cutoff.

ruttyboy

Erm, why is my club called SKIVECLUB? o_O

I checked the club hub and the name has been changed there as well! It should be GAFCLUB :(

Because of this post of mine, he's changed the wrong name.

Worthy, a couple of changes please.

Someone took our DRIVEPUB name, so we are now SKIVECLUB.

Also, gl0w has dropped out of our club, so can we please have a new member from the FA list?

Worthy, can you please confim a new member for our team, I'm happy to recruit one myself, but I assumed it would be chosen by you from the FA list? Please let me know either way.

Munnar Time Trial

Skno Version 1 (can be found in single event)

I've decided to pick one from India and one from Norway, because therefore if you have someone playing the Plus version they can still help you out. Don't worry though because if you do have a plus user on your team your schedule will be scheduled accordingly.

LET THE TRYOUTS, BEGIN!

WoolyNinja

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I use the 'AUDI R8 V10 Plus' in the Munnar Rally Race?

EDIT: I'm assuming we should be going into the Single Event menu and choosing Munnar? Any special time of day settings, etc?

Top Bottom