• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Net Neutrality Is Trump’s Next Target, Administration Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darknight

EPA doing whatever they want and no backlash.

I fear the same for Net Neutrality. Trump and his cronies will kill it and people will stand and watch. :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Five bucks says that there were a lot of Trump supporters online that were also activists for net neutrality.

I thought tax reform was his next great feat or did he give up on that already? We just need to distract him long enough to move on to the next failed policy. But the odds are against America, he's eventually going to get something passed.

e93383b1-b5b3-489d-b44e-324e181051a7.png

Alrighty then that pwerson should hand over their browsing history and emails since they should have nothing to hide

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
sure - he's already lost tea party pubs, maybe young undersexed white men can be next

that basically puts his base at 0 for the start of his impeachment hearings

Trump is going to lose that insane alt right that loves the internet.
Most of 'em would likely savor anything he and his crew rub out on their tongues. I mean, if you were selfishly foolish and/or hateful enough to vote for him and are still on his side at this point, you're likely to stay your doomed course until your own feet feel the fire. Sucks that everyone will be dragged along to burn with them.

makes sense

dudes head is stuck in the 80s

he thinks hes an 80s badass

get rid of technology and progress so the arena fits his taste

Sou Da

Alrighty then that pwerson should hand over their browsing history and emails since they should have nothing to hide

For the record this is coming from /g/ of all places, where there are daily threads dedicated to privacy and sticking to free (as in freedom) software.

That thread I got it from is full of people bending over backwards to deflect, saying it would've happened anyways, "dems care more about letting terrorists than opposing this", or just straight up calling the idea of Trump gutting Net Neutrality "fakes news"

SaviourMK2

Maybe Obama should tweet he's proud of #45 and he voted for him, then maybe he'll turn on himself and reveal all his Russian connections.

Seems like he's just being a spiteful bitch.

cdyhybrid

Maybe Obama should tweet he's proud of #45 and he voted for him, then maybe he'll turn on himself and reveal all his Russian connections.

Seems like he's just being a spiteful bitch.

Nah, the Obama stuff is just icing on the cake with this.

This is all about selling out the American people so telecoms can fill another lake with money.

RCSI

Save us, courts, you are our only hope.

Find what you can do for the courts, donate, support, because Trump's behavior for going after institutions is much easier if the internet were piecemeal after the fact.

Saganator

Couldn't resist..

Trump just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about internet culture (I'm an expert), but privacy and Net Neutrality are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in real life where you can take things from nerds by being an asshole. If you screw nerds and trolls over on the internet, you'll lose all your troll support, and the only way for Trump to keep his trolls is to keep his little hands off Net Neutrality and privacy.

What this means to Trump internet trolls, after hearing about this, is they're not going to want to troll on behalf of Trump or either party, nor will they buy anymore of Trump's BS. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Trump has alienated the_donald and 4chan with this move.

Trump, publicly apologize and cancel your efforts to get rid of Net Neutrality or you can kiss your presidency goodbye.

Because we have corporations dictating policy that benefits their constituents (board members) blocking such progress.
It's was more a rhetorical question but yeah it's pretty shitty when you think about just how important the internet is on a day to day bases for everyone but apparently that doesn't matter.

Link

The Autumn Wind
You know what? Fuck anyone that voted Trump or even decided to not vote in this election. You're a horrible fucking person and I hope you're fucking happy. Fuck you.

kevin1025

Banned
If you go by the way Trump talked about the internet during the primary, then I guess our internet in Canada is up for grabs. We can give you some internet, U.S.! Plenty of it to go around up here!

Are there any countries in the world which consider the net a utility?

USA getting rid of net neutrality is basically a green light for everyone else to follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom