• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix’s Death Note |OT| Hopefully this anime adaptation doe not take the L

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Anybody know at what time the Movie becomes available to watch?

Should be 3am Eastern/Midnight Pacific like most Netflix releases. So like 10 and half hours.

Arkeband

Banned
Still have never read the manga or watched anything but a random episode or two of the anime, but I know what it's about and am kinda excited to see if they can actually make a good live action adaption.

How are you supposed to know if it's a good adaptation if you don't have a point of reference?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
UrDzfVI.png

Add it to the list of bad adaptations. Will give it a watch because of Dafoe tho.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Lmao, it's only 100 minutes? That seems really tight.

Eww, really? That's an odd choice for a movie that would have a lot of ground to cover. I guess I should just dive in.

Crossing Eden

For some reason I wasn't expecting gore.....this is also the worst introductions to characters and clunky exposition i've seen in a LONG time. Think I'll just watch this tomorrow while drunk.

Order

this motherfucker is literally just reading the Death Note in public, and explaining it to the first cute girl he talks to

fuck

grimmiq

ROFL

Using the
death note to impress the psycho girl he likes.
20mins in..and
changing the world was her idea
..dude is pathetic

What they've done with Light and Mia is beyond words...

I actually don't mind Keith Stanfield as L but that's probably because he's the exact same character.

grimmiq

I love how instead of
showing what Light does and allows you to see how L figures stuff out, they just timeskip it and rely on "Well, Light is obviously an idiot, so just accept that he fucked up a lot"

aravuus

Ryuk looks so on point.
vLSFYKm.png

kOd7DB0.png

Stuff of nightmares in all the right ways.

I think he looks awful, at least in those pics. Maybe he's better in motion.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing Dafoe as him, though. It's the only part about this whole thing I expect to be good, maybe even great.

Crossing Eden

I'm genuinely interested in hearing Dafoe as him, though. It's the only part about this whole thing I expect to be good, maybe even great.
DigitalImpeccableLemming.gif

as someone with no experience with the source material, he looks fucking sick.

will probably watch this at like 10am on a bright sunny morning...

no way i'm touching this right now [as much as i'm curious to do so].

LotusHD

Banned
Ryuk looks kinda off, but fuck it I don't even care, so far he's carrying this movie, I just love Dafoe's voice, it's perfect.

Top Bottom