• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix, Brad Pitt's Plan B Back $50M Korean Movie 'Okja'

Status
Not open for further replies.

iuxion

I really wish he would go back to making smaller Korean movies that he has complete control over.

Snowpiercer bored me to the death despite some nice touches.

UrbanRats

I really wish he would go back to making smaller Korean movies that he has complete control over.

I liked it.
But it certainly wasn't on the level of the Host and Memories of Murder.

Enco

I love Korean movies but it's always weird to see big name Hollywood celebs in them.

Kinda ruins the immersion.

Snowpiercer was great and he says in the article Netflix is giving him total creative freedom.

I'm really excited for this. Netflix stay awesome.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The opening to Mother is one of the most entrancing and hypnotic things I've seen. The wordless dance to the music in the field of grass is something else.

tumblr_mayczm0wgr1qetzlro1_r1_1280.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Snowpiercer was disappointing, and this is coming from a massive Bong Joon-ho fan. I can't say I'm as excited about him doing another English language film (just felt a bit off last go around)... here's hoping this turns out much better!

I thought snowpiercer was brilliant. A simple allegory about class, presented with the directness of a fairy tale.

And Tilda Swinton was unrecognizable and revelatory.

thegoosen

Neo Member
that's great, what the hell is chan wook park up to though? he by far had the best english film of these korean directors, snowpiercer was corny as hell

No, Stoker was a huge step back in his filmography. Though, wouldn't mind if he tries an english film again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom