• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okja |OT| An Seo Hyun, Swinton, Gyllenhaal - A film by Bong Joon Ho - Netflix 6/28

DrSlek

I've been putting off watching this movie because I feel like I should be in a certain frame of mind to watch it.

From what's described in this thread, it's like Goodfellas in terms of structure. First half of the movie is lighthearted, and the second half is brutal.

Soule

I've been putting off watching this movie because I feel like I should be in a certain frame of mind to watch it.

From what's described in this thread, it's like Goodfellas in terms of structure. First half of the movie is lighthearted, and the second half is brutal.

Just finished it, I was putting it off because I had a feeling it would bum me out. It did.

I'm glad I saw it though, great movie.

aravuus

I had no idea Memories of Murder and Snowpiercer were from the same guy. Crazy, considering how much I love the former and hate the latter lmao.

And now this weird-looking thing. I might watch this next weekend when I drunkenly stagger home from a housewarming party.

This had quite a bit of potential but I found myself not really enjoying it much. Some scenes were good and I get the message but man I couldn't stand some of the overacting of some people. Absolutely horrible.

Or that guy from the ALF that didn't even want to eat because all food was exploitation or something? Please man. While these were fictional animals I'm sure many real animals are treated this way before they become our delicious burger or steak.

I've seen a few documentaries about how animals are treated in several countries before they are slaughtered and I was told by some that if I did that there would be a big chance I wouldn't eat meat anymore and surely enough after I saw those documentaries I did indeed want to quit with meat. Those documentaries moved me to tears but ultimately I failed.

I tried the vegetarian meat and all the things that replace real meat but it just wasn't the same as real meat and I found myself craving real meat after a while again. I'm weak in that way I guess. But I certainly don't need a movie like this to make me start second guessing eating meat. Those documentaries did that.

It was good, sometimes great, but what was up with Gyllenhalls overacting? Incredibly strange.

Yeah. My brother was extremely annoyed by him and he really doesn't like him as an actor overall, which is a shame because he was damn good in Nightcrawler, Prisoners and many more. The acting by that one lady with the glasses was too frickin horrible as well.

Dreez

Man that was a good movie. I didn't think the villains were overacting because the movie already felt pretty stylized which was dope.

I'm still eating chicken tho.

Top Bottom