• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEW] Alan Wake Screens

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I know its been said before, but I'm amazed at how fast computer components are outpacing even the next-gen consoles for this generation of games. Granted, the costs are insane, but its impressive nonetheless.

Proelite

Goreomedy said:
This is the Xbox360's Afrika.

What the **** is it!???

If we don't have concrete details about gameplay after XO6, I'm going to have to hurt myself.

360's Afrika. :lol :lol :lol

Afrika can't be used in a serious manner anymore. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
RaijinFY said:
Looks awesome, cant wait to see it in motion.

EDIT: Oh, PC version lol...

QUAD CORE OVERCLOCKED? How the heck is anyone going to run that thing? Looks good though. Love the lighting.

arne

Goreomedy said:

What the **** is it!???

If we don't have concrete details about gameplay after XO6, I'm going to have to hurt myself.

what do you mean what is it? the write-ups from E3 2005 explain the whole premise.

Rated R

I ****ing knew it!! From the first shot of this game i had Superme Confidence, Remedy in one of my Favorite developers and Max Payne 2 has the best VG story IMO.

I CANNOT ****in Wait for this game. I dont care what the genre turns out to be, Remedy has all my confidence.

Core407

Banned
arne said:
FINE.

tough crowd. ;)

I'm guessing the wait will be worth it. When I look at the screens of Alan Wake, it reminds me of Agartha.

"During the winter of 1929 in a Romanian village that was partially destroyed by a landslide that occurred during a mysterious earthquake, a subterranean city exists called Agartha. This is where evil is being kept prisoner and is desperate to escape. Kirk the human hero will encounter a series of characters from villages, the living dead, fanatics from an evil sect, monsters, demons, solider monks, priests, archangels and the Sentinel who is the ultimate personification of evil. As Kirk you can decide to save as many innocent people as possible or to trigger the arrival of chaos on earth. As Kirk's morals waver between good and evil, this ambiguity changes the aims of the adventure and the narration of the story."

Snaku said:
Needs more...

maxpayne06hd0.jpg

Dammit Remedy, why'd you have to sell the rights? ;_;

They ran out of metaphors and analogies for Max to use.

Core407

Banned
"Markus also revealed that one whole core is used for physics calculations, and we saw a hurricane tear up the in-game world in a rather realistic fashion as illustration."

So there's going to be a hurricane. Cool :D

Is the 360 version going to look and run as well as the PC version?

Az987

all good things
I really cant wait for this game. I bet it would be really ****ing creepy, as the dream sequences in Max Payne scared the crap outta me. :lol

Snaku

Banned
Der Kommisar said:
They ran out of metaphors and analogies for Max to use.

Impossible! I write noir fiction, and Remedy hasn't even come close to the bottom of that barrel. :)

Core407 said:
"Markus also revealed that one whole core is used for physics calculations, and we saw a hurricane tear up the in-game world in a rather realistic fashion as illustration."

I hope so. Nothing like a hurricane to turn a bad situation into a horrible ass-****.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
My brain just keeps trying to process the title into something that makes sense, like "All in Wake" or some such.
Ergo, I hate it.

Brashnir

Core407 said:

That would explain why there's nobody around. The town was evacuated.

Gexecuter said:
imagine : silent hill + using cars + max payne dream sequences

then maybe you can have an idea of how this game will play out.
imagine : ass + description + pull out

Then maybe you have an idea of what you just did.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
RevenantKioku said:
My brain just keeps trying to process the title into something that makes sense, like "All in Wake" or some such.
Ergo, I hate it.

A. Wake. OMG!!!

I'm so glad I upgraded my PC a while back I'll be playing this Bioshock and Half-Life episode 2 on my pc and get my RPG fix with Rogue Galaxy and Final Fantasy XII . I'll officially step step into "next gen" when Mass Effect drops along with a 360 price . Then I just have to be paitent and wait for some heavy hitters on PS3 to come out. Hopefully by Christmas 2007.

A LEAK AWN
A LEAK WAN
A KALE AWN
A KALE WAN
A LAKE AWN
A LAKE WAN
A ANKLE AW
A WAKEN LA
A NAE WALK
A AWE LANK
A LA AW KEN
A AN AW ELK
AWAKEN LA
ANAL WEAK
ANAL WAKE

LEAK AN AW
KALE AN AW
LAKE AN AW
WEAK LA AN
WAKE LA AN

relyt9

lollerskates said:
A LEAK AWN
A LEAK WAN
A KALE AWN
A KALE WAN
A LAKE AWN
A LAKE WAN
A ANKLE AW
A WAKEN LA
A NAE WALK
A AWE LANK
A LA AW KEN
A AN AW ELK
AWAKEN LA
ANAL WEAK
ANAL WAKE

LEAK AN AW
KALE AN AW
LAKE AN AW
WEAK LA AN
WAKE LA AN

Lol, Anal Wake. That should be the new title of the game. :lol

rc213 said:
The main character is in a comma and has to find his way through a dream world on his way to regaining his consciouness!!! OMG!

Whoa...wait a second, how the **** does a grown man fit in a comma?

tiong_fi

Some (4 minutes) footage from the quad core press event:
http://mfile.akamai.com/28603/wmv/i...com/10670//idf/event3/092606_pso/pso_high.wmv

Alan Wake part starts at ~16:00. Wow. Just Wow. If they can do that on Xbox 360, I'm impressed. I tried to get some info about that from one of the developers on IRC but he couldn't say nothing, at least not yet. :lol He's just hinting that Xbox 360 has 6 threads...

Ps. they're playing it on PC with an xbox 360 controller ;)

edit: fixed

RaijinFY

tiong_fi said:
http://mfile.akamai.com/28603/wmv/i...com/10670//idf/event3/092606_pso/pso_high.wmv

Alan Wake part starts at ~16:00. Wow. Just Wow. If they can do that on Xbox 360, I'm impressed. I tried to get some info about that from one of the developers on IRC but he couldn't say nothing, at least not yet. :lol He's just hinting that Xbox 360 has 3 cores, 2 threads each...

Fixed! ;)

Proelite

tiong_fi said:

Alan Wake part starts at ~16:00. Wow. Just Wow. If they can do that on Xbox 360, I'm impressed. I tried to get some info about that from one of the developers on IRC but he couldn't say nothing, at least not yet. :lol He's just hinting that Xbox 360 has 6 cores...

[biased voice] The animations sucks. [/biased voice]

Looks amazing.

:lol
rc213 said:
The main character is in a comma and has to find his way through a dream world on his way to regaining his consciouness!!! OMG!

haha. I hope this game has NO dream sequences. You just brought back bad Max Payne memories. "waaahhaa wahahhahaa" I can still hear that crying baby.

Uncle

That video looked really nice (with the exception of Alan's running animation). But damn the finnish accent is hard to decipher.

clashfan

Amazing looking game. Sounds kind of like Silent Hill/Alone in the Dark. I'm just hoping the 360 versions looks just like the PC version.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That video looked ****ING GREAT. The lighting was on point like a mother.....

Sallokin

Goreomedy said:

What the **** is it!???

Didn't you hear? Alan Wake is a game about an FBI agent who is investigating the murders of everyone else around him. That's why he's alone. The huge twist is that he's the killer and the game ends with him possessing himself. ^_^

Chiggs

tiong_fi said:

Alan Wake part starts at ~16:00. Wow. Just Wow. If they can do that on Xbox 360, I'm impressed. I tried to get some info about that from one of the developers on IRC but he couldn't say nothing, at least not yet. :lol He's just hinting that Xbox 360 has 6 threads...

edit: fixed

I can't get this to work. :(

Top Bottom