• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amano FFXV art with tons of Summons. Up: Some event leaks. Browse at own risk

BumRush

I'm not convinced it's a FFXV art entirely. A). that would be INCREDIBLY spoilery to show the summons in the game and B). where's Ramuh?

I'm not convinced it's a FFXV art entirely. A). that would be INCREDIBLY spoilery to show the summons in the game and B). where's Ramuh?

I wonder too - but the car, Titan, and some of the monsters are clearly straight out of XV. Kind of weird to do a hybrid piece for a XV specific event (but then, Amano follows the beat of his own drum).

Koozek

What if Ramuh was scrapped because, even though he was mind-blowing, it was too lame in comparison to the rest!?!? :O
Probably just forgot him.

benzy

I think Ramuh isn't there because he doesn't have a large part in the story, while all of the summons shown probably will. Tabata said they removed Titan from being the summon for Episode Duscae due to story spoilers and replaced him with a less integral summon.

Koozek

I think Ramuh isn't there because he doesn't have a large part in the story, while all of the summons shown probably will. Tabata said they removed Titan from being the summon for Episode Duscae due to story spoilers and replaced him with a less integral summon.

Oh right, good point!

Ochibi

What if Ramuh was scrapped because, even though he was mind-blowing, it was too lame in comparison to the rest!?!? :O
Probably just forgot him.

I think we're missing something. It may be a hint that Ramuh is more than a summon so having a large part in the story, but they don't want to be too spoilerish. It could be somewhere in that art.

I think we're missing something. It may be a hint that Ramuh is more than a summon so having a large part in the story, but they don't want to be too spoilerish
The summons in this game are considered "god-like" and have some important regarding the mythology of this world. I think I recall them saying they even had their own language. No doubt Ramuh IS important. That's one of the reasons I doubt all these are summons(other than Square saying the number of summons was going to be considerably small).

Yeah, I think a lot of those creatures could be monsters and "mythical deities" of FFXV's world. As I mentioned earlier, this art lends itself to the idea that as we progress into the game, the veil of fantastical fantasy will be slowly pulled back. We start in a more grounded(yet still fantastical), modern world, but shit might go crazy by late in the game.

Incredible art as always, but I don't think it's related to XV. Why would they put a huge ass painting in front of the theater just to spoil all the summons? Yes, we see some XV element, but we also see VI element as well, as one of the female character depicted looks a lot like Terra. I think Amano was tasked to do a summon painting regarding the series as a whole, highlighting the best of all from his pov.

Also, I need that painting as my wallpaper!

Ochibi

The summons in this game are considered "god-like" and have some important regarding the mythology of this world. I think I recall them saying they even had their own language. No doubt Ramuh IS important. That's one of the reasons I doubt all these are summons(other than Square saying the number of summons was going to be considerably small).

Yeah, I think a lot of those creatures could be monsters and "mythical deities" of FFXV's world.

Yup :

Tabata: There is a certain Eidolon, one of the ones that you've seen previously, which appears in a completely new form. It's a very different take on the same old character. There is also a very good story-based reason as to why we are sticking to more traditional, familiar Eidolons in this game. The reason for that is because this time around, the Eidolons play a very big part in the story and are very much an integral part of the game world. So we thought it would be better to have the traditional ones, the ones everyone is familiar with, to see how they fit in the story and what is the backstory behind these characters, rather than having completely new Eidolons.

http://finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=5516

Could this be Ramuh ?

benzy

I think we're missing something. It may be a hint that Ramuh is more than a summon so having a large part in the story, but they don't want to be too spoilerish. It could be somewhere in that art.

I don't think Ramuh will be that important.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvs-director-breaks-down-the-newest-trail-1673513161

Tabata: And, well, talking about Titan, we actually wanted to put it in the demo and let players actually use it and talk about that.

Hote: Yes.

Tabata: Unfortunately, it turns out Titan is a summon that plays a rather important role in the plot, so we're putting a different summon in Episode Duscae to show players what happens when you tame one or when you use one. So we're putting the prototype of the summon system in the demo, so I hope people can actually try it out and see what it's like.

Host: So, Titan will not be in the demo?

Tabata: No. But we have a different summon prepared.

Host: And you can summon it and use it in battle?

Tabata: Yes.

Host: I see.

Tabata: We selected a summon that isn't integral to the story, but is still flashy and put that in the demo, so I think people will be rather surprised.

Ochibi

I don't think Ramuh will be that important.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvs-director-breaks-down-the-newest-trail-1673513161

Tabata: And, well, talking about Titan, we actually wanted to put it in the demo and let players actually use it and talk about that.

Hote: Yes.

Tabata: Unfortunately, it turns out Titan is a summon that plays a rather important role in the plot, so we're putting a different summon in Episode Duscae to show players what happens when you tame one or when you use one. So we're putting the prototype of the summon system in the demo, so I hope people can actually try it out and see what it's like.

Host: So, Titan will not be in the demo?

Tabata: No. But we have a different summon prepared.

Host: And you can summon it and use it in battle?

Tabata: Yes.

Host: I see.

Tabata: We selected a summon that isn't integral to the story, but is still flashy and put that in the demo, so I think people will be rather surprised.

I didn't remember this. But who could be the one with a new form ?

benzy

I didn't remember this. But who could be the one with a new form ?

Maybe Bahamut? What we're assuming to be Bahamut in the art has a more human representation. It actually reminds me of Berserk Armor Guts.

tumblr_nf7llf9fEN1rtuqolo1_400.jpg

Where is Diablo?

My guess is that the main summons(or the ONLY summons) will be the "Classic 7". All the summons announced or seen are part of that seven:

- Ifrit
- Shiva - Confirmed
- Ramuh - Appeared in Episode Duscae
- Titan - Seen in trailers
- Leviathan - Seen in trailers
- Bahamut
- Odin

My guess is that the main summons(or the ONLY summons) will be the "Classic 7". All the summons announced or seen are part of that seven:

- Ifrit
- Shiva - Confirmed
- Bahamut
- Odin

That sounds right to me -- and w/ the possible exception of Ramuh, the other six look to be clustered together at the right of the banner (I think the red demonic guy is Ifrit, not diabolos as some have suggested). Can't wait to see some of these in action!

I hope these aren't all summons and Ultros is still in, as seen in the Episode Duscae art.

I have a deep fondness for Ultros, but I don't think that was him in the Duscae painting. Some kind of cephalopod creature, yes, but it looked more like some kind of stygian monster than an update on Uncle Ultie.

wiibomb

what if... ramuh was only in the Duscae demo just because they wanted to showcase a eidolon, but not from the main game? that would be pretty awesome from the demo perspective, a demo with exclusive content without being in the full game

kaitain19

I wonder, will this game have a wind-affinity Summon? All the main elemental ones (except Ifrit) are already confirmed, but the Wind element never seems to get a mainstay summoned creature.

- Ifrit
- Shiva - Confirmed
- Bahamut
- Odin

add in Knights of the Round seeming very likely

I wonder, will this game have a wind-affinity Summon? All the main elemental ones (except Ifrit) are already confirmed, but the Wind element never seems to get a mainstay summoned creature.

I know it doesn't really count, but lightning is often lumped in w/ the element of air. I realize there have been a few air-specific summons along the way though (e.g., typhon).

kaitain19

I know it doesn't really count, but lightning is often lumped in w/ the element of air. I realize there have been a few air-specific summons along the way though (e.g., typhon).

Now that I think about it, Garuda is probably the most appropriate summoned creature if Square Enix decided to establish a "default" Wind elemental summon for the future series.

Infest

Looks like a rainbow coloured dragon/dinosaur-like creature and a guy with a cape & spear but I have no idea what monster and/or summon it could be.
ujf1jjd.jpg

This monkey-like creature could be a Wendigo ( as someone pointed out earlier iirc)
3uKW6MB.jpg
latest

Looks like a rainbow coloured dragon/dinosaur-like creature and a guy with a cape & spear but I have no idea what monster and/or summon it could be.
ujf1jjd.jpg

This monkey-like creature could be a Wendigo ( as someone pointed out earlier iirc)
3uKW6MB.jpg
latest

The first one could be a take on the "classic" Beast Rider enemy. These were enemies present in both FFVI and FFVII. Would be cool if they also appeared in this game.

latest

latest

The second looks a lot like FFII's Snowman/Yeti(actually, extremely spot on, especially it's chest):

latest

Considering the Goblins are also modeled after their FFII design, I wouldn't be surprised if more "classic FF" monsters make appearances in this game(and are based on their class Amano looks).

ViciousDS

Banned

- Ifrit
- Shiva - Confirmed
- Bahamut
- Odin

you can actually see titan in the demo before they fixed mapping out.....I went there a few times.....hes fucking HHUUUGGGEEEEE

The first one could be a take on the "classic" Beast Rider enemy. These were enemies present in both FFVI and FFVII. Would be cool if they also appeared in this game.

latest

Good call, definitely looks like VI beast rider, and as noted there are plenty of non-summon creatures on here.

Top Bottom