• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amano FFXV art with tons of Summons. Up: Some event leaks. Browse at own risk

Well, maybe because all that stuff with big 2-hours-long show in Hollywood just for new trailer with release date of XV is little bit too much, no? There should be something else. And people just try to guess. Also there is 10-YEARS-HYPE-ENERGY that we're all need to put into something.

yeah, it's also the perfect way for them to shoot themselves in the foot :s

Arkeband

Banned
The event is called "Uncovered | Final Fantasy XV", not "Uncovered | Final Fantasy" - are we sure there's any credence to additional FF7R news? Awesome if true but the event isn't being billed as a broad Final Fantasy event.

And truthfully I'd rather see Agni in Final Fantasy XVI instead of Terra in a VI Remake.

The most I would reasonably expect is if a demo of said content were to be bundled with FFXV, because consumers would be interested to know what comes with their FFXV purchase. However, that footage of FF7R looked like target renders mixed with alpha footy, while a demo later this year might make sense if it's small, odds are it would be so rough they wouldn't want to risk it. And who wants to play a demo of a game they're already chopping up into smaller chunks???

I also think that hyping other FF properties would be a terrible marketing move, but remember that this is the company that just spent tens of thousands of dollars flying the Epic Meal Time guy to Japan for this for some reason, so...

This. Flat colors, little to no lightning, random shapes. Typical Amano, I guess.

Still looking forward to the conference though.

tumblr_m7la4pgdcv1qcv40no1_500.gif

I got you covered.

The most I would reasonably expect is if a demo of said content were to be bundled with FFXV, because consumers would be interested to know what comes with their FFXV purchase. However, that footage of FF7R looked like target renders mixed with alpha footy, while a demo later this year might make sense if it's small, odds are it would be so rough they wouldn't want to risk it. And who wants to play a demo of a game they're already chopping up into smaller chunks???

I also think that hyping other FF properties would be a terrible marketing move, but remember that this is the company that just spent tens of thousands of dollars flying the Epic Meal Time guy to Japan for this for some reason, so...

Yeah. Maybe we will finally get some FFXII Remaster news finally instead.

Are you an expert on Japanese culture, by any chance?

You bring shame to Neogaf with such questions.

6GJWk.gif

Andromeda

Banned
Well, maybe because all that stuff with big 2-hours-long show in Hollywood just for new trailer with release date of XV is little bit too much, no? There should be something else. And people just try to guess. Also there is 10-YEARS-HYPE-ENERGY that we're all need to put into something.

It's not just for the release date though...

addik

I wonder with the recent KH tweet about the Unreal Engine 4 render of Daybreak Town (sp?), they are planning to reveal the KH designs for the (possible) FFXV cameos in KH3?

I mean, I'm just throwing ideas out there and making people run the hype train faster in the hopes that it crashes.

I really do want to believe.

Does anyone have a link to the Twitch chat for tomorrow?

Where did all this FF6 remake talk come from? Just more wishful thinking, I assume?

Verendus teased it a while ago in a list. There was also that artwork with the happy new year 2016 that clearly looks like an older Terra Artwork and also highlighted the 6 in 2016.

Here.

Since everyone has their own wishlist, I'll make mine:

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian
Guerilla Game's Hybrid Project
Street Fighter V (Fuck You Ken Edition)
New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

I think that covers most of what I desire. I'm not asking for much really. If anything, I'm probably more sensible than most, because I'm not asking for Shenmue 3. If even half of this can be announced at E3, I won't call it crap. I'm reasonable like that.

Edit:

Oh, and Ken is a valuable part of the Street Fighter legacy, and community. He helps people relate to the struggles of wearing red. He also has looks which make women envious, since he's so pretty. He would make a great wife, especially with all those skills of his, because you'd never have to worry about being robbed or anything like that.

Thank you, Ken.

CaTGIb-WQAAJJAk.jpg

Z4hhsbh.jpg

Philippo

I actually don't want any other game to be at the event, they'd probably steal XV's thunder and that's exactly what SE should avoid at all costs.

I wonder with the recent KH tweet about the Unreal Engine 4 render of Daybreak Town (sp?), they are planning to reveal the KH designs for the (possible) FFXV cameos in KH3?

I mean, I'm just throwing ideas out there and making people run the hype train faster in the hopes that it crashes.

I really do want to believe.

Noctis, Sora and Nomura together.. It's possible. I could see Noctis being added to Dissidia early next year.

Are you an expert on Japanese culture, by any chance?

No, not at all lol. It's just my guts that tells me that all of this would be just a bad idea overall...

No, but I mean, the event is called Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV, not Uncovered: Final Fantasy ...

Does anyone have a link to the Twitch chat for tomorrow?

Verendus teased it a while ago in a list. There was also that artwork with the happy new year 2016 that clearly looks like an older Terra Artwork and also highlighted the 6 in 2016.

Here.

CaTGIb-WQAAJJAk.jpg

Z4hhsbh.jpg

As if my hype for this event alone isn't enough. Please stop ._.

Famassu

There is no need to unveil other games. Release the damn games SE. You announced so much already.
They'll have released pretty much everything they have announced at the moment in the next ~12 months, except probably FFVII Remake & KHIII (maybe DQXI, even in Japan). They could have some bigger games ready for announcement about now, with a release in the next 1-2 years. Not that FFXV Uncovered is necessarily the place to announce them (maybe FFXII HD's announcement would be appropriate, considering its 10th anniversary was a week or two ago). Would rather have all the new game hype at E3 & TGS.

Koozek

If they're already showing FFVIR, FFVIIR, and FFXII HD, I feel like they'd also use the opportunity to tease FFXVI while they're at it, to be honest. Man, this will be bigger than E3.

If they're already showing FFVIR, FFVIIR, and FFXII HD, I feel like they'd also use the opportunity to tease FFXVI while they're at it, to be honest. Man, this will be bigger than E3.

Hell, why not also XVII, XVIII, and XIX -- a new cross-media trilogy w/ gatcha elements: alta crystallis

daitoqu

You forgot about Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII, the last part of FNC. This time it definitely will be revealed.

.JayZii

Banned
I'd like to think they learned their lesson last generation about having way too many game announcements. They probably want to keep things on a 6 months-1 year announcement and release cycle going forward.

Having three different remakes announced, XVI announced, movies and who knows what else alongside trying to market XV seems like a terrible idea.

SPAW

Please drop this FF VI and VII-remake nonsense.

Is it not enough that the greatest JRGP-series of all time is finally returning to form with FF XV?

Ray Down

Banned
I'd like to think they learned their lesson last generation about having way too many game announcements. They probably want to keep things on a 6 months-1 year announcement and release cycle going forward.

Having three different remakes announced, XVI announced, movies and who knows what else alongside trying to market XV seems like a terrible idea.

This besides if FFVIR was happening I imagine they wait till at-least part 1 off FF7R is out until they announce it.

Mcdohl

People expecting other FF game announcements.. Guys please not like this stop feeding such nonsense into your brains.
giphy.gif

This, I don't know what's going on.

I think the artwork showing a lot of unknown stuff is confusing the fuck out of people. But the thing is, we actually know so little about FINAL FANTASY XV...

.JayZii

Banned
This, I don't know what's going on.

I think the artwork showing a lot of unknown stuff is confusing the fuck out of people. But the thing is, we actually know so little about FINAL FANTASY XV...
People literally go insane before Final Fantasy announcements.

I feel like people throwing out non-FF announcements into the mix are just trying to find a way to disappoint themselves. Uncovered is gonna be hype on it's own.

Ydelnae

This event is exclusively about XV. They are not going to announce any new games in there, neither we are going to get substantial updates on other announced S-E games. Please do not set up for disappointment, I don't want to deal with "no final fantasy xvi announced? s-e sucks...", "where is the 6 remake tho??" type of posts tomorrow.

Top Bottom