• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amano FFXV art with tons of Summons. Up: Some event leaks. Browse at own risk

Infest

The first one could be a take on the "classic" Beast Rider enemy. These were enemies present in both FFVI and FFVII. Would be cool if they also appeared in this game.

latest

latest

The second looks a lot like FFII's Snowman/Yeti(actually, extremely spot on, especially it's chest):

latest

Considering the Goblins are also modeled after their FFII design, I wouldn't be surprised if more "classic FF" monsters make appearances in this game(and are based on their class Amano looks).

Nice find! That Snowman/Yeti is extremely possible.

ViciousDS

Banned
This was my thought as well.
Would be the perfect summon to do it with. Bonus points if he can still change to his beast/dragon form and interchange between the two.

well in FFX

didn't bahamut have almost a secondary form/human form for himself? He was the kid in purple guiding Tidus. Maybe it was his fayth but either way he did have someone speaking as/for him

Illucio

Banned
well in FFX

didn't bahamut have almost a secondary form/human form for himself? He was the kid in purple guiding Tidus. Maybe it was his fayth but either way he did have someone speaking as/for him
That did happen. Riiight....
That relationship was pretty confusing though...

That did happen. Riiight....
That relationship was pretty confusing though...

Possible spoilers for X I guess re summons:
the summons are manifested from pyreflies (spirits of the dead) via the will of the summoner. Don't think it's quite right to say they have multiple forms.

But yeah, they are linked to their fayth (frozen/suspended animation summoner)

cLOUDo

Looks like a rainbow coloured dragon/dinosaur-like creature and a guy with a cape & spear but I have no idea what monster and/or summon it could be.
ujf1jjd.jpg

This monkey-like creature could be a Wendigo ( as someone pointed out earlier iirc)
3uKW6MB.jpg
latest

maybe Ixion (FFXII)

I think the guy beneath the car and the pink lady might be Amano's take on Ramuh. He has done his own version of other existing designs as well, like Titan.

FF7R news if it's there will has to be a smaller announcement right? Maybe they'll include a small demo of it with FFXV?

I hope so. I really hope they don't market a demo of FFVIIr with XV but I think it is pretty inevitable. Even with this whole event all people will be mainly talking about would be that the FFVIIr demo will be with it.

FF7R news if it's there will has to be a smaller announcement right? Maybe they'll include a small demo of it with FFXV?

I could see the bombing mission trailer they showed at PSX being taken from a WIP demo. Essentially the beginning of the game up until Cloud jumps on the train.

Koozek

What if it's not a demo of FFVIIR, but Hashimoto comes on stage, reveals that all this talk about the episodic release was just another troll and the whole remake is bundled with FFXV for free!? What do you think, guys?

What if it's not a demo of FFVIIR, but Hashimoto comes on stage, reveals that all this talk about the episodic release was just another troll and the whole remake is bundled with FFXV for free!? What do you think, guys?

That would be a horrible nightmare

daitoqu

It will be free XV bundled with VIIR then.

The event is called "Uncovered | Final Fantasy XV", not "Uncovered | Final Fantasy" - are we sure there's any credence to additional FF7R news? Awesome if true but the event isn't being billed as a broad Final Fantasy event.

And truthfully I'd rather see Agni in Final Fantasy XVI instead of Terra in a VI Remake.

.JayZii

Banned
Please... please let it be FFXVI. I just need one before I kick the bucket.
No one is going to be able to capture his style in motion, much less a video game, anytime soon. It's just too wispy and ethereal. The closest in motion is the anime Angel's Egg. Unless you just mean he does character designs again, which I'm all for.

daitoqu

Why do people think that an event specifically about FFXV will have stuff about other FF games?

Well, maybe because all that stuff with big 2-hours-long show in Hollywood just for new trailer with release date of XV is little bit too much, no? There should be something else. And people just try to guess. Also there is 10-YEARS-HYPE-ENERGY that we're all need to put into something.

No one is going to be able to capture his style in motion, much less a video game, anytime soon. It's just too wispy and ethereal. The closest in motion is the anime Angel's Egg. Unless you just mean he does character designs again, which I'm all for.

I don't know, the character models for the FF1-6 characters in Dissidia look like great adaptations of his style.

Top Bottom