• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avellon

It has come to my knowledge that something is quite likely going to be announced at WWI this weekend. And it is not WoW or SC2 related, though the beta and release date of WOTLK may be announced as well.

Amarox

Yixian said:
Even if it is Diablo 3 and Blizzard announced it tomorrow, saying they've already been working on it for 5 years, you all know, deep down in your hearts, we won't be playing it until 2012...
That would still be far better news than anything World of Warcraft related.

Tokubetsu

Amarox said:
That would still be far better news than anything World of Warcraft related.

And SC2 related as far as I'm concerned. Give me more of the King of Loot, The Prince of Hack n Slash!

KdoubleA

Whoa...I know Blizzard.com takes you to this pic but check this out:

I tried www.diablo.com and it also takes you to that page....I tried every other Blizzard game, and it doesn't do that, it just takes you to their respective official sites...So does that mean this pic is related to Diablo somehow?

Could this finally be a Diablo 3 announcement?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It looks like Warcraft art to me. Diablo has never been big on a blue-green color palette.

Manager

KdoubleA said:
Whoa...I know Blizzard.com takes you to this pic but check this out:

I tried www.diablo.com and it also takes you to that page....I tried every other Blizzard game, and it doesn't do that, it just takes you to their respective official sites...So does that mean this pic is related to Diablo somehow?

Could this finally be a Diablo 3 announcement?

Hasn't Diablo.com always directed you to Blizzard.com?

pxleyes

Banned
WotLK release date probably or a massive amount of information released, probably to coincide with the start of Season 4 tomorrow.

Archaon

Irulan said:
This is in the CSS file:

/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */

It links to this image:

04.jpg
super-smash-bros-brawl-20070629060435275.jpg

Blizzard making Kid Icarus confirmed?

Twig

Banned
duckroll said:
http://www.blizzard.com

What could this be? Is that a burst of energy? Or cracking ice? What could it possibly mean?!

Some theories:

- The cracking ice represents a prison convict world. The game is clearly World of Blackthorne.

- The ice is melting on the frozen development of Starcraft Ghost - it will be a Wii exclusive with awesome waggle controls.

- Rock and Roll Racing on PSN with an ice planet filled with melting ice caps.

- The Lost Vikings find themselves lost again.... in the North Pole.

Discuss.
Just wanted to say: well done at deliberately avoiding mentioning Diablo 3. Kudos.

Also, I don't think it's WotLK. Why the hell would they hype up a release date in this manner? We all already know the game exists, so why all the mystery if it is, indeed, WotLK? My first thought was Diablo 3, but then... it's ice. MAYBE HELL HAS FROZEN OVER???????

(AKA, if it's the WotLK release date, I'm going to shit all over Blizzard's front lawn.)

phez

Banned
Another diablo-related job posting on the site.

Hot Job – Lead 3D Environment Artist
Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a lead 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments.

really, can't get more obvious than that.

Twig

Banned
U K Narayan said:
If it is Diablo III. Blizzard better not make it a pay-to-play game! DON'T GO THERE BLIZZARD! I SAID DON'T GO THERE!
Uh-oh.
Blizzard said:
Job Openings

Artists
Lead 3D Character Artist - Next-Gen MMO
Lead 3D Environment Artist - Next-Gen MMO
Technical Artist - Next-Gen MMO
Concept Artist - Next-Gen MMO

Artadius

TheOneGuy said:

Nah, those are for Universe of Starcraft, the upcoming MMO/FPS/RTS hybrid.

Last year, they did teasers leading up to SC2 based on previous games by Blizzard... so even IF this alludes to the warcraft universe, it doesn't mean the presser has to do with warcraft.

If it's Diablo 3, Starcraft MMOFPSRTS, or new IP. We all win. If otherwise, well, shit I dunno, Blizzcon in October is the new Diablo 3 announcement?

Door2Dawn said:
You guys are delusional if you think its Diablo.

I can't necessarily deny this statement.

Twig

Banned
Artadius said:
Nah, those are for Universe of Starcraft, the upcoming MMO/FPS/RTS hybrid.
...That would be so cool.

IF and ONLY IF they focus on PvP. If they go the PvE route ever again with an MMO, I will shit all over their lawn.

THAT'S TWO LAWN SHITTING THREATS BLIZZARD. I HOPE YOU'RE COUNTING.

Mindlog

Consequences

but seriously, after seeing the color sharpened version of the pic this is probably something goatse related

The runeblade... rune seems to confirm Diablo/WoW crossover.

schild

This wiseman hopes beyond fucking hope that it's now Wrath. That would be too lame of Blizzard's PR machine. I'd wish them to choke on dicks forever. Really, if it's not Diablo 3, I'm just done with them. Couldn't care less about SC2 and WoW is just a terrible game.

Rur0ni

Jinfash said:
i don't think people listened to this wise man so i'm quoting and posting the linked image to crush the hopes of you all :p

Sword.jpg

same rune anyone? :D
Is this what we'll call definitive? *Goes back to a slumber... until SC2*

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Starcraft 3! OMG!!!

Beaten... so hard...

Artadius

TheOneGuy said:
Yeah, pretty much.

ALL HOPE IS LOST.

Let the shitting commence.

No, hope still exists.

Remember last year they showed teaser images from all of their franchises before revealing SC2.

Secondly history shows that any time Blizzard has done these teaser image lead-ups only for new game announcements... not for other things such as release date announcements or beta announcements.

Thirdly, the official Frostmourne art has another rune just under the one in question. Where is that rune in this teaser image? The scale of the supposed rune in the teaser image indicates that the next rune below it should also be visible. I think this is either a coincidence or an intentional Red Herring.

Blizzard knows folks will rabidly try to figure out what the image means by doing everything under the sun to it. I find it laughable that folks think they would place such an obvious clue there for us to find to hands down determine that they're teasing something Warcraft related.

We'll likely be even more confused tomorrow when the image changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom