• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Artadius said:
No, hope still exists.

Remember last year they showed teaser images from all of their franchises before revealing SC2.

Secondly history shows that any time Blizzard has done these teaser image lead-ups only for new game announcements... not for other things such as release date announcements or beta announcements.

Thirdly, the official Frostmourne art has another rune just under the one in question. Where is that rune in this teaser image? The scale of the supposed rune in the teaser image indicates that the next rune below it should also be visible. I think this is either a coincidence or an intentional Red Herring.

Blizzard knows folks will rabidly try to figure out what the image means by doing everything under the sun to it. I find it laughable that folks think they would place such an obvious clue there for us to find to hands down determine that they're teasing something Warcraft related.

We'll likely be even more confused tomorrow when the image changes.
HOPE HAS RISEN AGAIN. THE VOICE OF REASON TRIUMPHS.

What am I supposed to do with all this shit, now?

schild

HOPE NOT LOST!

Today is 04.jpg = D
if Tomorrow will be 09.jpg = I (if its not, maybe not diablo at all )
Wednesday will be 01.jpg = A
Thursday will be 02.jpg = B
Friday will be 12.jpg = L
Saturday will be 15.jpg = O (June 28 WWI 1st Day)
Sunday will be 3.jpg = 3 or three.jpg or whichever. = (June 29 WII 2nd Day, and B-day of Diablo)

from diablo fans

I_D

Danj said:
Also can we have Diablo 2 on digital distro plz, my discs are scratched.

Sorry to disrupt all of the excitement, but I figured I'd let you know that the new D2 patch lets you play without a disc.

AlStrong

Immortal_Daemon said:
Sorry to disrupt all of the excitement, but I figured I'd let you know that the new D2 patch lets you play without a disc.

Wouldn't help if the scratches prevent him from installing the game in the first place...

WoW 2 is the right answer
if Blizz likes monies

Anyone remembers the "next gen MMO" job listings?

EDIT:

Not that I am looking forward to it though, I would rather have D3 or an entirely new IP.

Farnack

Banned
You're all wrong.

Prepare for...

RockNRollRacing.png

TWO!

Belfast

Jinfash said:
i don't think people listened to this wise man so i'm quoting and posting the linked image to crush the hopes of you all :p

Sword.jpg

same rune anyone? :D

Not to mention that the darkest part of the image (in the center) is shaped exactly like the opening in Arthas' helmet.

Edit: Also appears as a splash image before going to worldofwarcraft.com, but not starcraft2.com

pxleyes

Banned
You know what, it may be a relaunch of worldofwarcraft.com with the Lich King theme in preparation for the launch along with a release date.

Danj

AlStrong said:
Wouldn't help if the scratches prevent him from installing the game in the first place...

Yeah, this is the problem, the installer errors out when trying to copy one of the files (I forgot which one). Once they get it up on digital distro I can just register my key and get the download version.

FoxSpirit

Belfast said:
Not to mention that the darkest part of the image (in the center) is shaped exactly like the opening in Arthas' helmet.

Edit: Also appears as a splash image before going to worldofwarcraft.com, but not starcraft2.com

Actually, this pops up on your way to any Blizzard site at the moment.

FoxSpirit

No Means Nomad said:
Try Starcraft 2. Or even Diablo 2.

Diablo2 hasn't got it's own homepage, diablo2.com is not owned nor run by Blizzard.

So that leaves only the Starcraft II page not splashed.

Darklord

Banned
Danj said:
Listen to this man. We need Diablo 3.

It's coming. A PC mag said there is something big coming from blizzard soon and they've already covered SC2 and WOTLK. There is nothing else "big" coming from them that we know of and everything points to D3.

Kibs

It's always amazing to see how Diablo fans (like myself) get their hopes up over the smallest things, only to get them crushed by what is probably going to be more WoW news.

.... Dear lord it be Diablo 3 :lol

Darklord

Banned
No Means Nomad said:
Only because that web adress redirects you to www.blizzard.com.

PC Gamer? The issue ended up being Crysis Warhead.

No, PC PowerPlay it's the biggest gaming mag in Australia.

Someone asked about D3 and they were told to wait a few issues. Last issue had Sc2, this issue has WOTLK and the next will have...well they didn't say. They also said Blizzard had something big to announce.

http://www.diabloii.net/n/667153/hydra-rears-its-head

The splash has brought the detective out in us. fractalbit, keeping an eye on the Peter Lee site reports that Project Hydra is about to show its face again.

Peter Lee is an environment and scenery artist working for Blizzard. He is also a Son of the Storm called Drawgoon.

His personal site was updated yesterday and a new album added called Hydra which is coming soon. For now, it's empty. Also his main page says the site is under construction and will return on the 28th, the day WWI begins.

2ius26s.jpg

Update:

It appears Peter Lee has now changed his front page which now states his site will be back online some time in July. Click the link below to get the before and after shots.

YakiSOBA

if they don't make diablo 3 free online play bnet style, im not buying it.

i'm still going to buy 3 copies day 1

keanerie

It's Diablo III. I have 50 bucks riding on an announcement at WWI. I am wholly convinced it will happen there, and I would probably bet more if I knew anybody sensible enough to take me up on it.

Somehow, I just know it's going to happen.

Belfast

I must be the only one not really hyped for Diablo III. I mean, I'm sure it'll be great when it comes and I'll likely play it, but I've always considered it the weak link in Blizzard's triumverate.

Tokubetsu

Belfast said:
I must be the only one not really hyped for Diablo III. I mean, I'm sure it'll be great when it comes and I'll likely play it, but I've always considered it the weak link in Blizzard's triumverate.
Burn the heretic!

firex

Belfast said:
What can I say? The lore never really grabbed me. Besides the gameplay, it's kind of bland, and even the former I can get from WoW.
So besides 95% of what Diablo is about, it's kind of bland...?

Xabora

MirageDwarf said:
Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God Oh Random God!

This is good news! Hydra may raise its many heads!

I_D

Belfast said:

Well fine. I can understand not really being attracted to--

Belfast said:
Besides the gameplay, it's kind of bland,

facepalm.gif

Seriously.... It's very tiring to hear people say it's a point-and-click game, because it's not. I've played Diablo 2 for 8 years now, and I can confidently say it has the deepest gameplay of anything I've ever played.... and I've played a lot, including WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom