• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 Spoiler Thread

NotLiquid

The notion of someone signing up isn't super weird necessarily, the prologue is very strange though once you take into context the idea that they did it willingly. Kaede and Rentaro slowly figure it out, but it didn't look like they were filled with excitement, and it seems strange that of these 16 people who are such super fans and ready to throw their lives away for this show, only Rentaro is the one to figure out immediately that it's a killing game because of the amount of people and the setting. I feel like super fans would all have had that thought go through their mind instantly upon seeing the situation.

For real. The moment the Monokubs show up, that should've tipped everyone off immediately. Even if you want to argue they're not actually the real "Monokuma", they obviously look like him enough to the point that everyone should've responded immediately if they were alleged fans. Kaito even reacts to the Monokubs with total confusion. And yet, according to Tsumugi, they only conveniently respond once they're given their Ultimate outfits.

Another possibility is that Danganronpa might not be as big of a show as Tsumugi likes to pretend it is and is just something several characters may have heard of but never actually bothered watching/researching into.

Also if we're going to subscribe to occam's razor, then Kaede and Shuichi introducing themselves with their real names in the prologue is straight up a plot hole. No real point in bringing it up.

Not quite. Kaede basically forces Shuichi to say his name just so she can give him a "get a hold of yourself" talking down. The fact that we actually find out their names (and also see how different their personalities are before their shift to Ultimates, with Kaede being forceful/realistic and Shuichi being more prone to panic and reflexive) but no one else's in that prologue is a deliberate detail about what it's meant to be.

Because they're in the game by that point.

According to Monokid, they're not. It's even pointed out that Monophanie was supposed to alter their memories but didn't. And even if they were, what's the point of telling us that they responded with glee once they got their outfits? If the purpose was to make them forget everything but also put them in a situation where they somehow remember that they signed up/were fans, that's a plot hole.

PK Gaming

It's so unique they've used the tapes too in DR1 :)

Audition tapes where you consent to participating in DanganRonpa™ = / = edited interviews, especially since the former completely (maybe) re-contextualizes why the characters are participating in the killing game.

Nice try though!

Not quite. Kaede basically forces Shuichi to say his name just so she can give him a "get a hold of yourself" talking down. The fact that we actually find out their names (and also see how different their personalities are before their shift to Ultimates, with Kaede being forceful/realistic and Shuichi being more prone to panic and reflexive) but no one else's in that prologue is a deliberate detail about what it's meant to be.

If that's the case, then why even bother bleeping out Shuichi's name then? They obviously wouldn't allow him to use his real name in the game, so the fact that he introduced himself as Shuichi is bit suspect.

Steel

Banned
If that's the case, then why even bother bleeping out Shuichi's name then? They obviously wouldn't allow him to use his real name in the game, so the fact that he introduced himself as Shuichi is bit suspect.

Why wouldn't they allow him to use his real name in game? It's not like his appearance changed. The fact that the names were bleeped out could have just been to protect the identities of people not chosen from the people choosing.

Or, even further, the tapes themselves could be faked and the prologue is the proof of it. It depends on how deep the lies go.

MrCinos

If Kaede willingly accepted to participate in the game, what was the reason for a group of people to abduct her? Or was it a part of fake memory? Were they flashlight'd even before we see it for the 1st time?

fXiVrmA.png

I think wrt Ryoko it's because once you remove the despair what you have left of Junko is her passing fancies and Media junkiness. I really need to re-read it now with the whole DR series behind me. I remember finding it a bit tedious at times but I should re-read it with an eye to the fact Ryoko is Junko.

Danganronpa/Zero
Yeah, the mental processes that Otonashi has in both books of DR0 are the last remnants of Junko that Matsuda couldn't (or didn't) dispose of. Her crazy imaginations are hilarious and lean on the fourth wall, just like Enoshima's ramblings in the games. DR0 is not without its faults, but several scenes are elevated when considering their actual context (especially the ones where Junko recovers momentarily).

Kiiiinda curious to hear your thoughts on DR3 Junko, since I similarly rather like her elsewhere but found her insufferable in Despair Arc. To me she felt like fucking Poochie, she could go anywhere and do anything because... reasons. And she just wasn't entertaining and her reasons made no sense compared to everything else I knew about her. Disrupting the School's Harmony? Really?

I sort of thought the genius of DR2, for example, is that Junko sort of has a point; Hope's Peak isn't this beacon that's guiding mankind to a new dawn, but an institution that crushes people all in the name of a self-serving false hope. You sort of get why people might buy into her nihilism. DR3... pretty much completely ignores that and treats her like she's doing this completely for shits and giggles, which isn't *entirely* wrong but I think sells what was actually going on short.

Danganronpa 3
Oh boy, Danganronpa 3 trashed all characters. Junko just got it the worst.

I know there was no way the beginning of the Tragedy was going to be told in a satisfactory way in just 11 episodes, but the contrivances that the script took just for keeping canon in line were awful. Everyone was hit with the stupid ball when it came to her, and her actions made it all worse. The fact that she exploded cars, killed security guards, met and effectively kidnapped Ryota and Mikan, and paraded around with a brainwashed entourage of Reserve Course students with no repercussions was stupid; that the appearance of Ultimate Despair solely depended on a happenstance that led to a stupid plot device downgraded her in my eyes. Taking her down from her infalible, all-seeing puppetmaster pedestal destroyed her larger than life image and made the failings and gaps on her construction all the more exposed.

And as you say, her ideology got hit the worst. Despair (in DR3) for her became just the means to create chaos for the sake of it. Not one single trace remained of her interest of crushing down the hypocrisy that served as the foundation of Hope's Peak and was explored earlier in the franchise. She truly wanted to prove that the environment fostered and enforced by the Steering Comittee was a falacy, with the 78th class killing game serving as the final performance of the "hope was a meaningless fabrication by society" message.

Watching DR3 ignoring that part of her character was a complete disservice.

PK Gaming

Why wouldn't they allow him to use his real name in game? It's not like his appearance changed. The fact that the names were bleeped out could have just been to protect the identities of people not chosen from the people choosing.

Or, even further, the tapes themselves could be faked and the prologue is the proof of it. It depends on how deep the lies go.

There's no sense in creating fictional characters but using their real names in the end... names are integral to a person's identity after all, so it's pointless to create an "Ultimate Detective" character and use the original person's name. Besides, if they were kidnapped against their will (and even if they weren't), it would be easier for people to find them if they used their real names.

But from a writing standpoint, there's a pretty big significance in Shuich's real name being bleeped out. It's always possible that it's a bluff on Tsumigi's part, but eh

Steel

Banned
There's no sense in creating fictional characters but using their real names in the end... names are integral to a person's identity after all, so it's pointless to create an "Ultimate Detective" character and use the original person's name.

How different are the fictional characters from their non-fictional selves anyway? Kaede had a skill she devoted herself to in the prologue, which was likely piano. She was a piano buff. She was a super cynic when it came to humanity, but she still apologizes to Shuichi for telling him to shut up and cares enough to get him in line.

The only thing that changed about her after the fact is that she was given faith in humanity and a belief that she was super talented.

Then you have Shuichi. He went from a shy detective/danganronpa fanboy to a shy detective with no belief in his own skills.

Miu went from being trash-mouthed to hide her anxiety to the same afterward, except with a talent(Although her obession with useless inventions very well could have originated with her original self).

Kaito went from a boisterous guy obsessed with fame and glory he could win in the killing game, to a boisterous guy who wanted the fame and glory of going to space.

Pieces and parts of their backstories could have very well been real without their ultimate talents.

Besides, if they were kidnapped against their will (and even if they weren't), it would be easier for people to find them if they used their real names.

But from a writing standpoint, there's a pretty big significance in Shuich's real name being bleeped out. It's always possible that it's a bluff on Tsumigi's part, but eh

Why would people want to find them even if they were kidnapped against their will? The prologue has no one caring when they get kidnapped. From a writing stand-point there's also significance in the use of their names in their prologue. Honestly I feel like that contradiction was on purpose, to have the player question whether everything is true.

NotLiquid

If Kaede willingly accepted to participate in the game, what was the reason for a group of people to abduct her? Or was it a part of fake memory? Were they flashlight'd even before we see it for the 1st time?

I think this memory definitely had to have actually happened, even if you believe that the audition tapes weren't faked. The smoking gun is how Kaede recalls the event thinking that it "made her think how rotten the world is" when no one came to her aid, while in the audition tape she acknowledges she's a hardcore misanthrope. To some degree prologue Kaede likely felt the same, but when interacting with Shuichi this to me came across more as general bitterness rather than an overt death wish. Similarly, prologue Shuichi was kind of pushy yet mousy, while the audition tape cranks that up to eleven. In the prologue they clearly do not have the same mindset as they do after they get their ultimate talents, and I don't think it's as convenient as they were deliberately given wrong personalities. There would be no sense behind that.

I think the one big problem with the theory that their tapes/"real" personalities were faked is figuring out when those tapes could've been forged, and the most likely answer to that would've probably been after they were kidnapped. Most likely they got brainwashed to stage the tapes and then shoved into the lockers. But then the question comes up how or why they would revert to their regular personalities, because again, those prologue personalities couldn't have been faked. The ones they get later are completely different (or rather, their best traits are exaggerated, unlike the tapes which exaggerated their worst traits) since Monophanie forgot to change them to their intended roles for the killing game; so their prologue personalities only really make sense if that's how their characters act regularly. One thing that also sticks with me; none of the characters actually remember the prologue and unlike the tapes there's no footage of them being chosen. It seems like the Monokubs kickstarted the killing game prematurely under the impression that they already had their brains scrambled, and that the show had begun airing, which is why they, and the audience, aren't shown "footage" of that particular moment Tsumugi claims to have totally happened. We, the audience, didn't see it. The characters partaking in it don't even remember the prologue itself. That's probably the second most egregious example, other than Kaede's murder attempt, where V3 goes out of it's way to hide information from the audience, but in this case, this seems like more of a metatextual error on the showrunners' part to save face, hence why Shuichi points out this contradiction in the epilogue.

Fuck it, my brain hurts. I'm overthinking this way too hard for something Kodaka clearly did not want a definitive answer for. But man, the prologue/epilogue of this game really do not make sense and have no purpose existing if it wasn't to cast explicit doubt about the reason they entered the killing game.

As an aside, in regards to "identifying the person they were before the killing game", the problem I have with this supposition is despite what Tsumugi claims, I'm sure they would have had someone on the outside world even if they signed up willingly. While every character is implied to be a sociopath, I don't think that means they literally had no family, friend or acquaintance before they gave their life to the cause. But on the other hand, that could also be the reason why they specifically were kidnapped depending on how all encompassing Team DR's scouting process may be, if the people they got were literal nobodies.

I think I lean towards the 'Meta-element was planned to be revealed and the awfulness of the participants is at least somewhat manufactured by Tsumugi' theory. Not that it in the end really matters because in the end Shuichi & Gang's experience is divorced from whatever self they were before they entered the killing game, and it's up to them to make the best of what they have.

I think taking the Dystopian future presented by Tsumugi on its face, you have to wonder to what extent he is indicting DR fans (one of the NicoNico-style scrolling texts after the reveal says something like 'we're the mastermind...', so even in THE GAME ITSELF there are people being hit by the meta-twist). I think at the end of the day all he's really trying to say is he really doesn't do these things just for the sake of doing these things, and the fans have to understand that. If he can't tackle DR with a sense of purpose he doesn't want to work on it at all, and so I think he's pushing back against fans who've gotten so attached to the artifice of DR that they won't let it die.

The generally consensus has been it'd be perfectly fine if this were the last Danganronpa game, right?

Steel

Banned
The generally consensus has been it'd be perfectly fine if this were the last Danganronpa game, right?

The meta of DR 1 and 2 was pretty terrible in the first place, so I like how V3 shits all over that. So, yes.

That being said the overall format of a killing game with class trials needs a spiritual successor, imo.

The meta of DR 1 and 2 was pretty terrible in the first place, so I like how V3 shits all over that. So, yes.

That being said the overall format of a killing game with class trials needs a spiritual successor, imo.

Eh, I'll really go to bat for DR2; I think it was rather well constructed.

Steel

Banned
Eh, I'll really go to bat for DR2; I think it was rather well constructed.

Actually, yeah, I can understand that much. The twist of them being ultimate despair wasn't bad. Still, the overall world and the state of it, as well as future foundation is kinda... Impossible to take seriously.

NotLiquid

Mmhm.

There are still a lot of ideas I think could've been explored in Danganronpa but which the series never bothered with - such as the body discovery rule. Like if someone got killed early in the game but the body went undiscovered for the entire game. I've already mentioned how I wanted to play as a protag that tried to murder and has to regain everyone's trust throughout the game (which I wish they were gonna do with Kaede). Maybe a game where Monokuma's killing game begins to fall apart from day one, and he + the students have to try outwitting each other throughout the entire game. But the series is kinda beholden to it's structure and formula unfortunately; more so than something the likes of Ace Attorney despite there being so many more flexible ways they can take it. One of many problems I've had with the DR series as a whole is it's prolonged existence has kinda felt like it's just been staying in the first game's shadow; both 2 and V3's stories are heavily contingent on simply pointing out and "subverting" things that the original game codified while not trying to deviate and carve their own identities beyond that. It's been such a long string of "look at what we made in the first game guys; wasn't that great? But surprise! We made you believe we're redoing that but it's only kinda different and making fun of you for thinking it was gonna be the same!"

So yeah, despite feeling like they can do so much more with it, I feel like the series' hip cache has kinda worn out by now, and I'm pretty okay with seeing it end.

Lusankya

I definitely want more "Whodunnit" games mixed with Battle Royale, but it can be an entirely new universe and using new mechanics.

Actually, yeah, I can understand that much. The twist of them being ultimate despair wasn't bad. Still, the overall world and the state of it, as well as future foundation is kinda... Impossible to take seriously.

I think it's silliness is a strength because it undergirds some of the actual meaningful themes its getting at. In a world where your potential is determined before you even enter high school, what does Hope even mean? That DR is gaudy, garish and trashy doesn't detract, to me anyways, from it conveying meaning. So what if the Future Foundation and Remnants of Despair are silly? It makes sense within the context the games create. It's only when the Anime tries to examine the mechanics up close yet as has nothing meaningful to say it all falls apart.

Mmhm.

There are still a lot of ideas I think could've been explored in Danganronpa but which the series never bothered with - such as the body discovery rule. Like if someone got killed early in the game but the body went undiscovered for the entire game. I've already mentioned how I wanted to play as a protag that tried to murder and has to regain everyone's trust throughout the game (which I wish they were gonna do with Kaede). Maybe a game where Monokuma's killing game begins to fall apart from day one, and he + the students have to try outwitting each other throughout the entire game. But the series is kinda beholden to it's structure and formula unfortunately; more so than something the likes of Ace Attorney despite there being so many more flexible ways they can take it. One of many problems I've had with the DR series as a whole is it's prolonged existence has kinda felt like it's just been staying in the first game's shadow; both 2 and V3's stories are heavily contingent on simply pointing out and "subverting" things that the original game codified while not trying to deviate and carve their own identities beyond that.

So yeah, despite feeling like they can do so much more with it, I feel like the series' hip cache has kinda worn out by now, and I'm pretty okay with seeing it end.

Didn't Hifumi and Taka's death play with the body discovery rules? That might be the only case though.

It's also funny that they never actually DID do a double murder where there were actually two different killers. But... at the end of the day I think it's probably for the best that the specific artifice of the class trials be put behind the series. I'm not saying they can't use Monokuma, but I think they need to develop a new way of contextualizing the mystery elements.

kewlmyc

I remember someone saying in this thread that it was a missed opportunity to not have Kyo survive so that they would live with a serial killer and it would be a unique opportunity . It's like Genocide Jill never happened.

No, it'll still be different. It's not about living with a serial killer, since they were already doing that with Ryoma and Maki. What would have been unique about Kyo surviving is that they'd be living on with someone who had killed one of their friends/classmates, been revealed in the trial that they killed one of their friends/classmates, and had gotten away with it anyway due to the rules. There is no point in Danganronpa where that exact scenario has occurred yet, so yes it's a waste that Kyo ended up being behind both murders. Genocide Jill never killed any of her classmates, which couldn't be said about Kyo if he got away with killing Touko in chapter 3.

I think it's silliness is a strength because it undergirds some of the actual meaningful themes its getting at. In a world where your potential is determined before you even enter high school, what does Hope even mean? That DR is gaudy, garish and trashy doesn't detract, to me anyways, from it conveying meaning. So what if the Future Foundation and Remnants of Despair are silly? It makes sense within the context the games create. It's only when the Anime tries to examine the mechanics up close yet as has nothing meaningful to say it all falls apart.

Didn't Hifumi and Taka's death play with the body discovery rules? That might be the only case though.

It's also funny that they never actually DID do a double murder where there were actually two different killers. But... at the end of the day I think it's probably for the best that the specific artifice of the class trials be put behind the series. I'm not saying they can't use Monokuma, but I think they need to develop a new way of contextualizing the mystery elements.

Mahiru's death also played into that. It proved that there were two people to see the body (Fuyuhiko and Hiyoko) before Kazuichi discovered it.

NotLiquid

Both DR1 and DR2 had the body discovery announcement be evidence in a case, but I mean it in the sense of let's say, a character disappears early on in the game, and then their body is rediscovered a couple of chapters later - well after some murders have already happened - making us have to reconsider everything that has happened throughout the game, since the body technically wouldn't have been discovered. It could potentially have been a simple murder back when it was committed, but due to the passage of time and change in circumstance, things could have turned complicated. They could've done something crazy with that idea; such as one or two people having already discovered it but not mentioning it to anyone since that might implicate them.

Kodaka split the real-world timeline where he either has to follow this up with 50 more danganronpas in the form of game or tv entertainment, or disregard V3's existence completely.

I'd like danganronpa to go the way of final fantasy and have each entry be completely independent of each other and loosely similar in themes or gameplay, with a few connecting elements like the killing game and / or monokuma.

Zeroro

Kodaka split the real-world timeline where he either has to follow this up with 50 more danganronpas in the form of game or tv entertainment, or disregard V3's existence completely.

I'd like danganronpa to go the way of final fantasy and have each entry be completely independent of each other and loosely similar in themes or gameplay, with a few connecting elements like the killing game and / or monokuma.

There's always a lighthouse, always a Monokuma.

Hopeford

Loved the game and the twist. I have never been overly attached to DR's main plot, so this works out very well for me.

Also I don't really have a problem with them being fiction. Way I see it, they were fiction before and they are still fiction now - it's kinda like reading The Princess Bride. I understand why people invested in the main series would have a problem with it, but man I loved what they did with it.

I know Kokichi is very similar to Nagito in that their true talents were both Ultimate Shit Stirrer, but I think I liked Kokichi's personality a bit more. And I think his ridiculous "I'll murder mystery the shit out of you, Monokuma!" plan was hilarious. So yeah, I enjoyed him.

Overall it's my favorite game in the series. Case 3 was a bit weak and case 4 was too reliant on its gimmick, but it started strong and ended stronger.

FluxWaveZ

While it's neat that the main character this time had an excuse to have all of the answers because of his talent, I gotta say it's pretty stupid that the "Ultimate Detective" was never exposed to danger. Even Makoto almost got shanked.

The setting they're in is practically built for him; who in their right mind would kill anyone with someone like that around? It's in his name. Either you'd shoot for Shuichi, or you wouldn't kill at all, no matter how much he wants to put himself down or how much others make fun of him.

This applies to KIyo, Kirumi, Miu (to a lesser extent), and Kokichi (to a huge extent).

Well, I thought that was great overall. I don't mind if they stop the series now (I mean really, where can you take it from there without a total overhaul/name change etc). It reminded me of the credits to 22 Jump Street where the writers plan out the next 20-odd movies in the franchise literally because they don't want to be tied to actually making them.

Most annoying factor in a mystery for me was Case 5. Kokichi literally had his perfect scenario, an unprovable murder (with it being impossible for anyone to tell if Kaito had died from the poison before being squished or not) but then swapping the bodies ruined it. I was even hoping for a second that maybe the camera trickery was *another* fake-out. Make it possible to have swapped out the bodies but with zero conclusive evidence either way as to whether you actually did it.

Of course it turns out that simply the possibility that it was done means it was, which was a shame imo, but still a very fun case.

Is it a plothole that Tsumugi can't cosplay the cast of Danganronpa 3 even though she says that they're fictional characters in the climax? We see her get the "cospox" in Case 1 when she tries to cosplay Kaede, but it doesn't come up again in the climax when she's cosplaying every other Danganronpa character.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme, but that little detail made me think a bit.

NotLiquid

Is it a plothole that Tsumugi can't cosplay the cast of Danganronpa 3 even though she says that they're fictional characters in the climax? We see her get the "cospox" in Case 1 when she tries to cosplay Kaede, but it doesn't come up again in the climax when she's cosplaying every other Danganronpa character.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme, but that little detail made me think a bit.

I think this is somewhat of a grey area. The killing game they're a part of is their "reality" so to speak, but in a past context and in the world of V3, they understand that the past Danganronpa games are fiction, even when Tsumugi herself is a "fictional" character. There's also the whole "Tsumugi was just copying someone else's (potentially fictional) crimes" train of thought that Shuichi entertained.

Or the easy explanation is that she was just bullshitting it. Because at least half of what she said was a bunch of bullshit.

As for why she didn't cosplay characters from DR3 despite her saying that she only cosplays from the HPA series since it's what the cast remembers, I think it has to do with them needing to do a whole bunch of new sprites.

Steel

Banned
While it's neat that the main character this time had an excuse to have all of the answers because of his talent, I gotta say it's pretty stupid that the "Ultimate Detective" was never exposed to danger. Even Makoto almost got shanked.

The setting they're in is practically built for him; who in their right mind would kill anyone with someone like that around? It's in his name. Either you'd shoot for Shuichi, or you wouldn't kill at all, no matter how much he wants to put himself down or how much others make fun of him.

This applies to KIyo, Kirumi, Miu (to a lesser extent), and Kokichi (to a huge extent).

Kokichi wasn't really given much choice. Kirumi killed Ryoma because she could justify killing someone who offered himself up more. Kiyo... Yeah he shoulda known better.

PK Gaming

"Because I wrote it that way!"

Alternatively:

Most of the murders are conveniently written in a way where a victim is perfectly lined up for a killer. It would be very difficult for characters to go off-script and kill Shuichi, and they wouldn't pass up a golden opportunity for an easy kill (Kirumi, Kiyo). I don't think Kokichi wanted to kill Shuichi either, and it speaks to Miu's profound stupidity that she would assume that someone would willingly meet up with her by themselves.

But was Danganronpa 3 in their memories? She said she could do fictional characters, but volunteered to only cosplay as the characters in their memories. I only remember the flashlight giving them DR1/2 memories. You didn't see Komaru or Monaca because none of that was in their memories.

But was Danganronpa 3 in their memories? She said she could do fictional characters, but volunteered to only cosplay as the characters in their memories. I only remember the flashlight giving them DR1/2 memories. You didn't see Komaru or Monaca because none of that was in their memories.
FWIW, in a CG that shows the logos of the first ten DR games in the final trial, we see DR3 after DR1 and DR2.

BTA

FWIW, in a CG that shows the logos of the first ten DR games in the final trial, we see DR3 after DR1 and DR2.

It’s also in the “trailer” at the start of the game, and I believe some characters get referenced in the bonus modes.

(Which is to say the reason 3 characters don’t show up is probably just the cost of doing one-off sprites).

This is actually the thing I am most looking forward to when I finish. lol
My dream team gonna be Gundham Chiaki Mondo and Chihiro

Its a very entertaining post game mode but extremely grindy I don't know if Ill finish it

The dialogue on the board game is really good though. Nobody questions why there are two Junkos, two Byakuyas, two Monomi/Usami and two Hinatas walking around though. I don't know if GJ and Toko can show up on the board at the same time because that would make no sense. It leads to some goofy interactions where two characters from separate games who should never be in the same room get to interact

Some characters seem to have specialized stats like Nagito, Makoto and Rantaro can get max luck extremely easily. Izuru should just be max everything but thatd break the game

If I wore detective clothing and called myself Hideki Kojimbo, would Tsumugi get cospox when trying to cosplay me (Hideki Kojimbo)?

Although Kaede was a real person with flesh, her entire existence was based off a fictional character wasn't it? I'm just trying to wonder why Tsumugi got cospox when cosplaying her?

Maybe her name before V3 was also Kaede Akamatsu?

Maybe cospox was a lie?

If I wore detective clothing and called myself Hideki Kojimbo, would Tsumugi get cospox when trying to cosplay me (Hideki Kojimbo)?

Although Kaede was a real person with flesh, her entire existence was based off a fictional character wasn't it? I'm just trying to wonder why Tsumugi got cospox when cosplaying her?

Maybe her name before V3 was also Kaede Akamatsu?

Maybe cospox was a lie?

I think Tsumugi mentions being partially fictionalized herself; so within the context of the world of V3 Kaede is 'not' a fictional character; whereas the other DR characters still are.

JudgeRAW00

Neo Member
I'm really enjoying the post game stuff. I love how the board game informs the RPG and vise versa. It's not incredibly deep but I wouldn't mind seeing a full game built around this sort of thing. I'd also like to see some sort of Multiplayer Danganronpa or a board game that is like Mafia/Wolf.

As far as the ending goes... I don't think it retroactively damages the other games. Those games are their own thing that exist and this is separate from those. Sure, it depends on the previous games (honestly, it barely mentions DR2) but the universe of DRV3 is a universe that watches Danganronpa as a franchise. We're viewers of that universe, and the universe of the original games. It's kind of like... a screen within a screen. Hard to explain... but I think that makes sense if ya think about it.

As far as Kaede at the beginning being kidnapped... that was after she originally lost her memory and was actually a memory she was given. She lost her memory twice: her real self when she was chosen to participate in Danganronpa before the game actually started, and once when she "regained" her Ultimate talent. She wasn't really kidnapped, she just remembered that she was kidnapped.

Just beat Danganronpa V3 and woah.

I'm in the "I like the ending" team. And that comes from someone who liked DR1, loved DR2, didn't like UDG and didn't watch DR3.

I was cautiously going into the last case because something felt off.
I was kind of expecting a whole mascarade with some kind of Truman Show spin on it, but that that.

I think it was refreshing because I felt it was like the writer telling us : "Hey, when you think about it, you're really enjoying these games about teenagers killing the shit out of each other...aren't you a shitty person ?".

I really enjoyed what the ending did and the message it conveyed, and frankly, I feel it would be perfect if there are no more Danganronpa related things in the future.

Also I wanted to congratulate the French localization team for the work, because it is the most impressive localization I've ever seen in a Japanese video game until now. There are a few typos, but otherwise, it is incredible :
- Nearly everything is translated, dialogue, images, etc.
- Dialogue feels fresh and alive, like teenagers would speak.
- Stupid
ly hilarious
jokes and wordplays are wonderful.
- The trials are really great and all the sarcastic comments are greatly translated.

If someone from Nis America could tell me who did this I'd be grateful.

EDIT : I've thought about it, and surely this point has been talked about, but isn't the demo just another Danganronpa story from the same universe than V3 ? That would be in line with the ending.

" Did the stress of milking this series finally got to you father ?"

Damn the mono kubs in the extra modes are ruthless.

The extra modes are BIG , OMG , so intense , so many cool dialogs the team of detective with suichi and kyoko is an excellent event.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
rrjluie.png

What would shock you in a new Danganronpa game? The sheer existance of it?

I guess that everyone is actually dead and you're just playing their reanimated corpses or something. :p

LiK

Got one S rank card to 99 and another to 95 and I’m kicking ass. Can’t wait to get the U cards and kill that EXISAL boss in 25.

So, if we were to get a Danganronpa fighting game in the future, what characters should be in it? I think we now have an extensive enough cast where such a thing is possible.

I think 6 characters per game would be a good place to start:

DR1
Makoto
Kyoko
Mondo
Sakura
Genodice Jack
Junko

DR2
Hajime (with Chiaki assists)
Nagito
Akane
Peko
Nekomaru
Gundham

DRV3
Maki
Kaito
Tenko
Gonta
Kirumi
Keebo

Narrowing down V3 is hard because over half the cast would fit very well in a fighting game lol.

Top Bottom